Where To Buy Bottled Oxygen, Medical Grade In Hh

stevehaigh

Warning....oxygen use which has not been prescribed can kill you. Check hypocapnia on the web.

here we have another online expert --- u dont know what your talking about ---- he is possibly suffering from some sort of lung problem like COPD - and i am the same - have oxygen at home and thank god i do --- its not killing me but keeping me alive in times of stress -- dont expound bullshit

if its any help -- there is a medical supply shop - oxygen tanks etc and refills - opposite Big C in saphan khwai -- new tank cost u about 2500 - and 100 bt for refills -- new shop - used to have to send someone all the way to seacon square from saphan khwai to get refills ---

Warning....oxygen use which has not been prescribed can kill you. Check hypocapnia on the web.

here we have another online expert --- u dont know what your talking about ---- he is possibly suffering from some sort of lung problem like COPD - and i am the same - have oxygen at home and thank god i do --- its not killing me but keeping me alive in times of stress -- dont expound bullshit

Home Oxygen is of benifit to many people, not just those with COPD however it should be prescriped the dangers of hypocapnia are real. Can you substantiate your statement that it is not dangerous with any references.

Edited by harrry

Unless the guy is diving to depths deeper than 6 metres whilst breathing 100% O2 then he will not die. Breathing pure O2 for extended periods at 1 atmosphere of pressure can cause irritation and lung damage after a long time but again will not kill him. The internet can be a dangerous place at times.

As already said ask at the local hospitals and they should put you right. I'm sure if you use O2 a lot you do not need to be told about the precautions when handling and storing O2.

Good luck :)

Home Oxygen is of benifit to many people, not just those with COPD however it should be prescriped the dangers of hypocapnia are real. Can you substantiate your statement that it is not dangerous with any references.

I used pure oxygen in a "re-breather" everyday for diving for nearly two years until SCUBA came along. No problems

Actually COPD is precisely the condition in which excesssive O2 use can be dangerous. The reason being that while rising levels of CO2 in the body trigger respiration in normal people, COPD sufferers have become tolerant of high CO2 levels (since the nature of their disease is that they are unable to fully expel on exhalation). and rely more on O2 levels. Giving too high a concentration of O2 to such patients may cause serious problems.

Doesn't mean people with COPD never have to or never should use O2, though. Many COPDers need long-term O2 therapy, but it must be under a doctor's supervision and home use should not exceed the recommeneded liter flow.

Of course we don't know that any of this is relevant to the OP as he did not indicate why the need for O2.

i would be more intersted in your esteemed medical opinion in this matter ---- perhaps u can qoute articles from the Lancet or the American Medical Journal on this matter - but if prescribed by your medical practicioner - and used a a nebulizer with either ventoline or berodual liquid capsuals - or even sterile water - to help loosen the build up of mucus that blocks the narrow airways and thus makes breathing difficult --- when most patients admitted to hospital suffering with acute attacks they are placed on oxy via nasal airtubes - and if used at home - used as prescribed -- there is no way that u will over dose on oxy -- and there are now many cafes where u can go and get a does of O2 when needed -- i really dont think this guy is going to sit all day sucking on his tank ---- so please -post your references here - would love to read them -- and i dont think he mentioned if he had been prescribed but this request would indicate that he has seen a suitably qualified medical pract - and it was recommended to him as i was I to have a tank at home - for emergency use -- sure saves rushing off to the ER in the middle of the nite when an attack hits u = saved me many a drama free nite ---- take it from someone who knows --- from first hand experience ---

Actually COPD is precisely the condition in which excesssive O2 use can be dangerous. The reason being that while rising levels of CO2 in the body trigger respiration in normal people, COPD sufferers have become tolerant of high CO2 levels (since the nature of their disease is that they are unable to fully expel on exhalation). and rely more on O2 levels. Giving too high a concentration of O2 to such patients may cause serious problems.

Doesn't mean people with COPD never have to or never should use O2, though. Many COPDers need long-term O2 therapy, but it must be under a doctor's supervision and home use should not exceed the recommeneded liter flow.

Of course we don't know that any of this is relevant to the OP as he did not indicate why the need for O2.

Sheryl = not sure where u hail from and what your medical or para qualification are - but having spend 5 months up to december last year in and out of hospitals in australia it was recommended that when i returned to thai that i got myself a O2 tank - and to use with Berodual nebulizer caps --- at a flow rate of of 5 -- if needed up to 4 per day if really stressed -- usually in the morning as this is the time of the most mucus build up --- each time i was in hospital there i was on continious O2 therapy for the first few days -- for those who have never suffered from COPD - its a kin to drowning and no - mine was no a result of smoking -- but once got cant be fixed and all we sufferers do is try to maintain a close as we can to a normal life with support like this --- sure wish i didnt need it but it has save me many a bad nite with just one does -- and all without it would end up in hospital for sure -- and i can tell u the hospitals here leave a lot to be desired -- in Oz they have u out of bed doing physio the first day if ur up to it - here they wouldnt let u even get up to take a pee --- keep u in bed for a whole week on oxygen and with no physio -- how the hel_l is that going to help clear the lungs --- walking and exercise help the lungs start to function again to a much greater degree than laying in bed -- take it from my first hand experience --- so i am very happy i do have -

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i would be more intersted in your esteemed medical opinion in this matter ---- perhaps u can qoute articles from the Lancet or the American Medical Journal on this matter - but if prescribed by your medical practicioner - and used a a nebulizer with either ventoline or berodual liquid capsuals - or even sterile water - to help loosen the build up of mucus that blocks the narrow airways and thus makes breathing difficult --- when most patients admitted to hospital suffering with acute attacks they are placed on oxy via nasal airtubes - and if used at home - used as prescribed -- there is no way that u will over dose on oxy -- and there are now many cafes where u can go and get a does of O2 when needed -- i really dont think this guy is going to sit all day sucking on his tank ---- so please -post your references here - would love to read them -- and i dont think he mentioned if he had been prescribed but this request would indicate that he has seen a suitably qualified medical pract - and it was recommended to him as i was I to have a tank at home - for emergency use -- sure saves rushing off to the ER in the middle of the nite when an attack hits u = saved me many a drama free nite ---- take it from someone who knows --- from first hand experience ---

Hello aussimike,

I was wondering if you know if that shop opposite Big C can refill CO2 tanks as well?? Or if you happen to know of a tank shop that can refill CO2?? I am on Sukhumvit Soi 22, just looking for a place reasonably close by to get my tanks refilled. Thanks in advance for any help you pass along.

Cheers,

Singtoh