Poutine In Bangkok?

on-on

I'm not from Canada, but I've been hearing about poutine for years from my friends and I've always wanted to try it. It sounds hilariously awesome as a kind of local comfort food and it's also just about the only food I've heard of that's purely Canadian (I'm sure there are others, just don't hear about them). I've been wondering if it's even possible to get it here in Bangkok? I don't know of any Canadian-specific pubs or restaurants, but there have to be some as there are plenty of Canadians.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Thailand to get poutine? I'm guessing no, but I'm surprised often enough that it's worth asking!

I had to look up what it is... :D

Never seen it, not in Bangkok or elsewhere, but it reminded me of some of the better french fry dishes you get in Belgium and Holland, fries with flemish stew... :) or for my wife "patatje oorlog" (war fries) serving mayo, ketchup and raw onions :D

I think that the problem already is that one cannot find nice Fries here, at least I have not found them yet (I am Belgian so it is our national dish...)

A true poutine needs a fresh curd cheese that is only useful for a few days after making. A good fresh curd will squeak when bitten.

So I doubt that you will find a 'real' one here. Cheese, fries, gravy... Has to be delicious!!

On a cold Canadian winter evening, I like another classic - chili and chips (has to be the Greek style chlli with no beans, and touch of cinnamon {called Cincinnati chili in the Excited States}. Yup - chili and chips on a snowy evening is fantastic, but I still prefer Gai Yang on the beach.

Poutine? you mean Fromage blanc or fresh cheese. You can get it in foodland under the name fresh cheese, Its a home cheese curd with aprox. 11 - 12 % Fat

If needed i have also a recipe for that.

Well there you go! Just some fries and brown gravy...

Edited by wjmark