Public Swimming Pool(s)

allane

I have been told that there are two public swimming pools in the Pattaya area, one at Na Klua, and one between South Pattaya and Jomtien. Can anyone provide:

1. Specific location ?

2. Hours of operation ?

3. Are they suitable for fitness swimming, or are they "play pools" for children ?

4. Admission fee ?

Allane,

If you have your own transportation, pick up a copy of "Best Pattaya Map" at Friendship Supermarket, look for all the housing complex villages and find the ones nearest to u.

Drive over to them and they usually have a neighborhood swimming pool.  Just drive in and pay the usual $20 baht pool fee.  Don't worry about getting past the security guards at the main gates...they are usually sleeping and incompetent.  If they hassle you, tell him u are visiting a friend or checking a house for rent.

Hope this helps.  :D

Thaiboxer1,

I assume from this post that you are not a resident of a Pattaya Housing Village.

If you were, you would not be recommending this kind of behaviour and dishonesty.

:o

Allane,

If you have your own transportation, pick up a copy of "Best Pattaya Map" at Friendship Supermarket, look for all the housing complex villages and find the ones nearest to u.

Drive over to them and they usually have a neighborhood swimming pool.  Just drive in and pay the usual $20 baht pool fee.  Don't worry about getting past the security guards at the main gates...they are usually sleeping and incompetent.  If they hassle you, tell him u are visiting a friend or checking a house for rent.

Hope this helps.   :D

Thaiboxer1,

I assume from this post that you are not a resident of a Pattaya Housing Village.

If you were, you would not be recommending this kind of behaviour and dishonesty.

Jaidee,

Actually I am a resident of a housing village and I don't see the dishonesty in my recommendation. He's still paying the admission fee and plenty of non-residents and guests visit our neighborhood swimming pool everyday....just talk to some of the local thai kids who swim in there and u'll find they aren't from the area.

But I do see how my recommendation can set off the wrong type of invitations being this is a public forum for any joe blow to read...my apologies, as this should have been a private mail or not even recommended.

I'll delete my original post. My apologies, in my haste to be helpful, I didn't think this through....

Cheers,

Thaiboxer1 :D

I'll delete my original post. My apologies, in my haste to be helpful, I didn't think this through....

No problems mate... I wish I could delete my post including your quote too... :D

Anyway, we too have visitors to the pool in our housing estate, but the problem is that some of the visitors tell their friends, and soon their friends roll up with other friends, and pretty soon the pool is unusable because of all the piss and overuse... especially in the hot weather leading up to the wet... and none of these people are in any way connected to the village residents who are paying for the maintenance and upkeep, and security of the village.

It's a continual battle for us... what with cars and pickups parked all over the place, blocking residents from accessing their own driveways, as well as of course the pool problem.