Boss, Bossy, Big Boss

Monokuro

About 4 years ago, after drinking in Khaosan - a group of us got in a taxi to take us to an afterhours club. I always remembered it as being called Club Boss.

Last night, we also wanted an afterhours place - and remembering my experience of before, we jumped in a cab.

The first place we went to was called "Big Boss" - and was more like a very sparce GoGo bar than a club, so we quickly left.

Next place we went was called "Boss" on Petchaburi Soi 39, and whilst more like a club, still wasn't the place I went before, so we left.

Finally we end up at Bossy - which now was like a decent club, but STILL not the place I had gone before.

By this time however, my cellphone battery had run out, so we couldn't get a cab anywhere else as we didn't know any more locations.

So, my question is - did any of the clubs mentioned about have a refit in the last 4 years, or am I missing another Boss Club somewhere else?

From what I remember, it was down a sidestreet and on the left. You walked up a little flight of stairs and pay, then enter through a door to the right of the admission people. Inside, the bar is to the left (as you came in) with the dance area to the right. There was also a flight of stairs which took you to the second floor where there was a large balcony area that ran the whole way around the club (excluding above the dance floor).

Anyway, it was fun there and I wanna go back! Can anyone help?

this type of thing has happened to me before.

a few years back I went to a late night joint with a mate after a heavy night on the sauce and it was the best late night place I'd been to in BKK. funnily enough, I was drinking in KSR that night too (god forgive me).

it was down a side street, small and dark inside with a low ceiling, as I walked in the bar was on the left and the toilets were to the left of the bar and iirc a floor length mirror beside the toilets. I think there was a small dancefloor and loads of small tables to the right of the bar but people were just dancing wherever. the place was quiet when I got there but as the night went on it busied up with tourists and freelancers as the other bars closed.

the taxi driver took us there so I'd say it's a fair bet that it's well known by taxi drivers and that they'd get a tip for taking punters along.

the atmosphere was good and the night was a total laugh - it was small and didn't have the pretentiousness of some of the other late night joints in bangkok. I've tried many a time to describe the place to people who have tried to take me to various places hoping it's the one I'm thinking of, but it never is!!

it's definitely not in sukhumvit as I'd roughly know the area and as we'd been drinking on KSR I'd imagine it could be somewhere nearby although we did get a taxi.

there seems to be an issue with venue names in bangkok - whether it be boss or bossy or spice or spicey....I don't know...seems like unnecessary complications to me.

ok, boys and girls, listen up. it's like this.

a few years ago Boss ruled, which was described here (2 floors, bar on the left). today it has closed but there Bossy that was mentioned here replacs it. it is situated in the same street, just farther down. if your Taxi wouldnt bring you right to the door step of the that new Bossy you'd be able to see the old entrance to the old Boss a 100 meters or so before. that new Bossy is bigger and considered better, but I agree that it lacks some of the fun factor that was very much part of the old Boss.

The new Boss is like you said on Petburi Soi 39. not related to the old Boss, but quite similar in style to the new Bossy (only smaller). also there is a growing african community frequenting that place (not that I have any problems with that. just FYI).

Spicy is the same old Spicy. I like it less than Boss and Bossy, but it's considered the most succeessful.

Spice was the name of the club situated in the parking lot of the Embassador Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11. it's name was changed to Climax (perhaps to avoid confusion with Spicy), but otherwise it's exactly the same.

be advised, all 4 of these clubs are late hours (meaning they open after other club close, at least until 4 AM, but usually closer to 6 AM), and they are generally a freelancer hookers joints. so most thai girls you'll meet there are looking for money (that's especially true for Climax, where you probably won't find even one non-working girl). still, these girls, unlike their counterparts in the west, are also looking for fun, so you could be just dancing with them and have fun, without giving them any money, and for some of them that would not be a problem. others will just dance with you in order to get you into bed.

also in the new Boss, there is another smaller room, which stays open after the club closes, and in fact continues partying until the morning. same goes for a place right across the street from Spicy, on the second floor, which is open till 11 AM.

one more thing. Taxis will take you to all these clubs (except Climax) for no charge, as they get money from the club, so don't give them any money (but they will turn the meter on in case the club will be closed for some reason, and then you will have to pay them).

and I forgot another after hours club. Gazebo near Khao San Road, which is another african hub, but with a smaller hooker population. a bit more regular partying thai girls. but it's quite small.

have fun

Edited by kedbecker

The Bossy Bar is the new Boss Bar. They moved from one place to the other. So Bossy is the club. You was at the right one. But you also can go to Spicy Ruan Muang behind the MBK Shopping Center and also the Climax at Soi 11. All open until 6am and 10am. :)

this type of thing has happened to me before.

a few years back I went to a late night joint with a mate after a heavy night on the sauce and it was the best late night place I'd been to in BKK. funnily enough, I was drinking in KSR that night too (god forgive me).

it was down a side street, small and dark inside with a low ceiling, as I walked in the bar was on the left and the toilets were to the left of the bar and iirc a floor length mirror beside the toilets. I think there was a small dancefloor and loads of small tables to the right of the bar but people were just dancing wherever. the place was quiet when I got there but as the night went on it busied up with tourists and freelancers as the other bars closed.

the taxi driver took us there so I'd say it's a fair bet that it's well known by taxi drivers and that they'd get a tip for taking punters along.

the atmosphere was good and the night was a total laugh - it was small and didn't have the pretentiousness of some of the other late night joints in bangkok. I've tried many a time to describe the place to people who have tried to take me to various places hoping it's the one I'm thinking of, but it never is!!

it's definitely not in sukhumvit as I'd roughly know the area and as we'd been drinking on KSR I'd imagine it could be somewhere nearby although we did get a taxi.

there seems to be an issue with venue names in bangkok - whether it be boss or bossy or spice or spicey....I don't know...seems like unnecessary complications to me.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any idea of the name of the place I was at? I'm not 100% sure but I think it was only 1 floor.

The Bossy Bar is the new Boss Bar. They moved from one place to the other. So Bossy is the club. You was at the right one. But you also can go to Spicy Ruan Muang behind the MBK Shopping Center and also the Climax at Soi 11. All open until 6am and 10am. :)

anyone who parties till 10 am needs a head examination. I got brought to all 3 places before, it pissed me right off.

The Bossy Bar is the new Boss Bar. They moved from one place to the other. So Bossy is the club. You was at the right one. But you also can go to Spicy Ruan Muang behind the MBK Shopping Center and also the Climax at Soi 11. All open until 6am and 10am. :D

anyone who parties till 10 am needs a head examination. I got brought to all 3 places before, it pissed me right off.

:) agreed - as soon as there's even a hint of sunlight...I'm going home!!!

and it's got nothing to do with not hacking the pace etc......I just don't like feeling like a tramp, hanging around in the daylight whilst off my trolley.

Hey,

I know the place. i was there last night. i am not sure of the address but is really close to where the red shirts protests are going on at the moment. considering today is 17 April 2010.\

The place is called "Bossy" and is the same as you described it. There are 2 in town.

i travel with ships and it took aproximatelly 20min with crazy taxi driver doing around 130km/h to take us there.

We just told him we wanted to go Bossy and he took us there. it looks like its one of the main night live attractions in town. All taxy drivers know it.