Cctv Cameras On Nai Harn Beach?

5yrsinth

I was making a left hand turn by that big man made lake right before Nai Harn beach road and I notice a big CCTV camera on a post now. I thought no worries must have a problem in that area? Then my wife and I were on the beach and down towards the part where all the Thai's go to swim at the end of the beach, towards the windmill I notice, not one but two CCTV cameras? Have I never noticed them before? When did they go in, and for what purpose beside the police having a perv? These cameras are not near any road at all, they are actually on the beach. One camera is a dome looking thing, the other looks like a big traffic camera. Are these cameras going act like lifeguards since they can't seem to get a new contract with any lifeguards? Really don't get putting these on the beach. Just an observation.

I highly doubt the police are "having a perv" otherwise they would have faced the camera toward the topless Euro ladies as opposed to fully clothed Thais having lunch by the lagoon.

As far as the one on the road, absolutely necessary due to recent assults on women in the area.

Hmmmmmmm............I wonder if you can connect the dots between scantily clad Euros and the assaults..........

item-2 on VDO at http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...hp?news_id=1307 or

CCTVs in Rawai are now fully operational

The 20 million baht close circuit television or CCTV is now up and running in Rawai with the control centre located within the municipality office. Showing our news team the facility and its operation, the Rawai mayor, Arun Soros, explains that the camera covers 34 locations in Rawai which include the beaches of Rawai and Nai Han, the windmill location, and the popular tourist destination of Phrom Thep Cape. He hopes that the cameras will assist police in surveillance and that the system would be monitored 24 hours by police officials. The mayor also said he would like to restore confidence regarding the safety of the area.

weekly Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) at 8.30am & repeated on satellite C Band (usually net black) frequency 4134 Mhz at symbolate 2530 at 1pm & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 3.30pm, 7pm, 1.30am & 6.30am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces , Friday 5th March 2010 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews