Mayor Wants To Eliminate Rubbish Problem In Chiang Mai City

ChiangMaiMail

Mayor wants to eliminate rubbish problem in Chiang Mai City

Rubbish bins and recycling programs around the City

By Supoj Thiamyoj

The Chiang Mai Municipality along with 7 private organizations signed an agreement to completely get rid of garbage in the city on March 24 at the Central Airport Plaza.

The Municipality signed the agreement with the Businesswomen and Occupations Association of Thailand, Chiang Mai Branch, Central Chiang Mai Airport Plaza, Kad Suan Kaew shopping center and hotel complex, Siam Commercial Bank, Urban Development Institute Foundation, Pakee Khon Hug Chiang Mai and Rimping Supermarket.

o1garbage.jpg

Artchaawan Limlenglert, left, the president of Businesswomen and Occupations Association, Chiang Mai branch, as a representative of the 7 private organizers presented the signed cooperation agreement to Mayor Taasanai Buranupakorn, right.

Mayor Tassanai Buranupakorn added that the new cooperation among the government and private sector will help to reduce the rubbish problem in Chiang Mai. There will be educational campaigns to encourage people to throw their rubbish away rather than burn it, as well as rubbish bins will be placed around the city’s corners and in 10 communities around the city.

Each Saturday, Municipal Garbage trucks will collect the rubbish. Additionally, there will be bins for plant and food material so that the City will produce compost from leaves and other produce.

More than 24 schools in the municipal area have set up their recycling banks, with separate garbage collection systems for each type of refuse. The first one opened for the public at the Three King Monument, from 9.00 a.m. – 12 p.m., the second one will be at Tha Pae gate, and the third one will be set up at Changpuak gate.

Mayor Tassanai said if individual or organization would like to join in the city development and help keep the city clean and tidy, to call the Call Center, Tel. 086 – 4296647 to 9.

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/current/community.shtml

chiangmaillogo.png

-- Chiang Mai Mail 2010/03/31

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Hooray! CNX can be a beautiful city if everyone pitches in. Next that should be cleaned up are the klongs and waterways! Take a page out of Victoria Canada. If you have an empty lot and plant flowers on it or a garden you get a reduction in taxes Go Chiang Mai! :)

I'LL VOTE FOR HIM.

HOPE THEY STAY AT IT, ITS NOT A NINE DAY WONDER AND IT SPREADS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY, ESPECIALLY THE BEACH AREAS WHERE EVERYBODY JUST SEEMS TO CHUCK THEIR RUBBISH DOWN: POLYSTYRENE FOOD CONTAINERS THAT DOGS DRAG ALL OVER THE PLACE, PLASTIC BAGS AND BOTTLES, DESTROYING THE ENVIRONMENT AND THEN WALK AWAY SPOILING IT FOR EVERYBODY ELSE AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE MASSIVE GYRE GLOBAL POLLUTION PROBLEM. SEE LINK:

http://5gyres.org/

Artchaawan Limlenglert, left, the president of Businesswomen and Occupations Association

I'd vote for her!!!!! :)

there will be bins for plant and food material so that the City will produce compost from leaves and other produce.

Bravo, just need to provide the farmers with the same now... and a big extractor fan on Doi Suthep!

Is it just me or does the Mayor look about 18 years old?

Edited by whiterussian

Artchaawan Limlenglert, left, the president of Businesswomen and Occupations Association

I'd vote for her!!!!! :)

there will be bins for plant and food material so that the City will produce compost from leaves and other produce.

Bravo, just need to provide the farmers with the same now... and a big extractor fan on Doi Suthep!

Is it just me or does the Mayor look about 18 years old?

Not yet ...

:D

...but hey GotLost..... at least now we know who the mayor is...... no white out yet....although I did get one of the server out statements when I clicked on this thread

Edited by Gonzo the Face