Skype Connection From Thailand To Uk

Chris.B

I will be back in Thailand in a 2 weeks time and connecting my laptop to the internet using a AIS sim with Edge connection and Bluetooth to a Nokia. What is the Skype phone connection to the UK like using this setup? Does it work okay?

Edited by Chris.B

As long as you are not planning to use the webcam it will be ok. I use an GSM/AIS sim card on my netbook and use Skype to make calls to the UK. Sometimes the conversation can lag out and you have to make a new call.

I only have a 512/256 connection but I find that Skype conference calls involving the US, SG and TH work OK. And I usually have a bad wireless connection to the condo netwoek as well.

Skype, IMO, is pretty robust under "adverse" conditions.

Admit have no need for video though.

As long as you are not planning to use the webcam it will be ok. I use an GSM/AIS sim card on my netbook and use Skype to make calls to the UK. Sometimes the conversation can lag out and you have to make a new call.

I was thinking more about using Skype to UK landlines. Any problems?

I was thinking more about using Skype to UK landlines. Any problems?

Before i settled in Bangkok i used to use exactly that. I used Skype every day for work and found that at peak time in Thailand (usually early evening) the quality was pretty poor, lots of 'dropped' calls/ But outside of those times the call quality was ok (not excellent). As previoulsy stated though, don't bother using your webcam, it will kill your call quicker than you can blink.

Calls to UK land lines should have a better quality that to UK mobiles.