Do We Want The Reds Shirts To Lead Thailand Forward?

whistleblower

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no great lover of red shirts. But I loath the use of terms such as 'moron' applied to groups of legitimate protesters. :)

No great lover of red shirts??? - could of fooled me

They are not legitimate protesters if they are being paid. They are not legitimate protesters cos they dont know what they are protesting for!

And im seriously close to applying the moron monicker again!!!

Thanks for the link Insight. As you say it is obvious money is being exchanged. Less clear the motive.

Is the money paying for each and every protester who turns up each and every day? If so its inconceivable that the amount paid hasn't been reported in the press. Unless its so much as to galvanise the red shirt strength and close every massage place in Bangkok.

Seems more likely to be paying for the protesters expenses which seems a fair enough deal to me. No clear evidence of the protesters making money out of this yet....

Thanks for the link Insight. As you say it is obvious money is being exchanged. Less clear the motive.

Is the money paying for each and every protester who turns up each and every day? If so its inconceivable that the amount paid hasn't been reported in the press. Unless its so much as to galvanise the red shirt strength and close every massage place in Bangkok.

Seems more likely to be paying for the protesters expenses which seems a fair enough deal to me. No clear evidence of the protesters making money out of this yet....

You can lead a horse to water...........................

You're trying to downplay the significance of protest organisers handing over cash to protesters. Fine, but am glad it's been acknowledged.

Still not answered my question....

Check my post history for one mentioned last week - 2,000 baht per day.

If this were true Nana Plaza and every other barbeer would have been empty for weeks. :)

Check my post history - this work was offered during a weekend only, not sure about the week - and it was offered to guys who would typically be refurbishing condo during this time.

Are you in Bangkok yourself right now?

Remember that democracy not only means you can express your opinion, but those with whom you disagree can as well!

The fact that you have been given many reasons why you are not allowed an opinion sums up the stupidity of this thread already :D

It always goes this way quickly...Same group bashing & thrashing...All the while claiming democracy is in fact in force....yet say something un-yellow or as you said everyone red or yellow should be allowed to express their citizenship/rights & as you have seen......well :)

But the best is the title....... "Do We Want" ...... :D :D

The one truly good thing about it all is none give a sh_t what you want. This is their land not the one you screwed up before expating here.

Edited by flying

Remember that democracy not only means you can express your opinion, but those with whom you disagree can as well!

The fact that you have been given many reasons why you are not allowed an opinion sums up the stupidity of this thread already :D

It always goes this way quickly...Same group bashing & thrashing...All the while claiming democracy is in fact in force....yet say something un-yellow or as you said everyone red or yellow should be allowed to express their citizenship/rights & as you have seen......well :)

But the best is the title....... "Do We Want" ...... :D:D

The one truly good thing about it all is none give a sh_t what you want. This is their land not the one you screwed up before expating here.

And your here because????

Still not answered my question....

Check my post history for one mentioned last week - 2,000 baht per day.

If this were true Nana Plaza and every other barbeer would have been empty for weeks. :)

Check my post history - this work was offered during a weekend only, not sure about the week - and it was offered to guys who would typically be refurbishing condo during this time.

Nah stuck on my island paradise as usual. Just curious as to what's going on.

And your here because????

heck my post history - this work was offered during a weekend only, not sure about the week - and it was offered to guys who would typically be refurbishing condo during this time.

Nah stuck on my island paradise as usual. Just curious as to what's going on.

So you dont know whats going on but feel confident enough to comment on what is going on???

So people/countries with businesses here dont have a right to voice their opinion about who they would prefer to run the country?

So the USA really didn't have any legitimacy in removing Saddam from power and putting in their own choice of Govt then?

How many attempts on Fidel Castros life by US sponsored organisations

Those that live in glass houses etc!!!!

I have quite a few stories from Thai friends who have been being paid to be at the demonstrations. 500 baht per day was what I was told. They are poor farmers from the north and have little or no interest in seeing Thaksin back, but they have a lot of debt in the banks (7 banks for the guy I know) and they are just trying to get money any way they can.

As he said, if I can get 500 baht per day I will go and take my family with me (at 500 each) and shout etc as much as they want. It's a job like any other.

When the money runs out he will not be there, and he has no 'cause' other than to support his family.

I have no doubt that a lot of supporters on the other side are also paid, TIT, TIND (this is not democracy!).

I don't think thaksin and the reds have sufficient momentum to do anything here and the money won't last forever. The incumbent government just need to sit and wait until boredom sets in.

P.S. they are all idiots, but that's a different thread....

I have quite a few stories from Thai friends who have been being paid to be at the demonstrations. 500 baht per day was what I was told. They are poor farmers from the north and have little or no interest in seeing Thaksin back, but they have a lot of debt in the banks (7 banks for the guy I know) and they are just trying to get money any way they can.

As he said, if I can get 500 baht per day I will go and take my family with me (at 500 each) and shout etc as much as they want. It's a job like any other.

When the money runs out he will not be there, and he has no 'cause' other than to support his family.

I have no doubt that a lot of supporters on the other side are also paid, TIT, TIND (this is not democracy!).

I don't think thaksin and the reds have sufficient momentum to do anything here and the money won't last forever. The incumbent government just need to sit and wait until boredom sets in.

I was suspect in reading your post here until I came to the last line, now that I realize that you lack any objectivity on this subject your post makes perfect sense, that of course is that you are FOS :)

Thanks for injecting some truth into this thread manjara. :)

The truth being what ive said all night and youve argued with?

They have little or no interest, i will take my family and get paid, its a job like any other.

So they are being paid, they dont care and its just a job to them.

Seen the light now have we????

So people/countries with businesses here dont have a right to voice their opinion about who they would prefer to run the country?

So the USA really didn't have any legitimacy in removing Saddam from power and putting in their own choice of Govt then?

Coming to flying's aid is not usually in my character, however you seem to have so many facts wrong whistleblower :D The U.S. did not put in their choice of governemnt, in fact Iraq had free and fair elections and quite a heavy turnout at that, more than I can say about Thailand :D Also please list in chronological order the U.S. sponsered attempts on Fidel Castros life, as it would be nice to see just to what level your ignorance sinks to :D Abhisit should agree to elections in a timely maner, say 90 days or so and then be done with the red shirt problem, should the red shirts and their allies win the election then all of you who think that they represent a small portion of thias would be proven wrong, and should Abhisit and his party prevail then Taksin will likely have to shut up and live his life out in Cambodia :D

Coming to flying's aid is not usually in my character, however you seem to have so many facts wrong whistleblower :D The U.S. did not put in their choice of governemnt, in fact Iraq had free and fair elections and quite a heavy turnout at that, more than I can say about Thailand :D Also please list in chronological order the U.S. sponsered attempts on Fidel Castros life, as it would be nice to see just to what level your ignorance sinks to :D Abhisit should agree to elections in a timely maner, say 90 days or so and then be done with the red shirt problem, should the red shirts and their allies win the election then all of you who think that they represent a small portion of thias would be proven wrong, and should Abhisit and his party prevail then Taksin will likely have to shut up and live his life out in Cambodia :D

Free and fair elections after you invaded their country and ousted who you didnt like? I am not ignorant, there have been many documents released from your govt about CIA sponsored ops to do away with Castro. Abhisit has agreed to elections in a timely manner. The red shirts wanted govt dissolved in 15 days which i think everyone will agree is not beneficial to the country. And unless election monitors from outside of Thailand are allowed in vote buying (by both sides) will be rife again.

Note to Mods - i was suspended for calling an American stupid before, Is it ok For Americans to call me stupid without a warning?

The early 1960s were marked by a number of subversive, top-secret U.S. attempts to topple the Cuban government. The Bay of Pigs — the CIA's botched attempt to overthrow Castro by training Cuban exiles for a ground attack — was followed by Operation Mongoose: a years-long series of increasingly far-fetched attempts on Castro's life. Between 1961 and 1963 there were at least five plots to kill, maim or humiliate the Cuban leader using everything from exploding seashells to shoes dusted with chemicals to make his beard fall out. The Get Smart-like plans never worked, and Castro's Cuba soldiered on, angry as ever at the United States.

From Time Magazine

Now that the United States and its allies in their media campaign against Cuba, proclaim themselves defenders of human life, Cubans remember that this can be denied, among other things, the 640 attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro. It is no secret that the unusual number of attempts on the life of the leader of a country was part of the official strategy drawn up by the highest U.S. authorities and its implementation was ordered by its intelligence and espionage agencies.

0.gif0.gif0.giffidel_2.jpg

0.gif0.gif0.gifblue.gifBREAKING NEWS 0.gif0.gifTwo Blasts Rip Through Moscow Metro 0.gif0.gif0.gifdrills-1.jpg Russia Gets Ready for Biggest Naval Drills in Years More... 0.gif0.gif These days, the 50th anniversary of the directive signed by then President of the United States, Dwight Eusenhower, was recalled, in March 1960, giving the green light to all covert operations to overthrow the Cuban government, between which terrorist attacks always stood out, and a project for the physical elimination of Fidel Castro.

Documents made public from archives including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), confessions of prisoners in efforts to consummate the facts or those who have ventured into the Bay of Pigs, parliamentary hearings and a half-dozen informative films showing these plans are the best existing evidence.

Just for starters

First off all for the OP, why you presume the red going to lead us forward, no change on that one if the rule the country it will going backwards.

(this is not democrazy!), yes it is, people get paid there expenses and lost off income.

They have a choice to join the reds or not, nothing wrong with that.

Why this isn't democrazy.

" I am not agree with this idiots, but still it is democrazy "

Note to Mods - i was suspended for calling an American stupid before, Is it ok For Americans to call me stupid without a warning?
Ignorant i meant

From the Oxford English Dictionary:-

Ignorant

adjective, 1) lacking knowledge or awareness in general. 2) (often ignorant of) uninformed about or unaware of a specific subject or fact.

Posted as a member, not a Mod; I'll let others decide what action, if any, needs to be taken.

Anyone has the right to express their opinion.

What foreigners, rightly, don't have is the right to vote. Are you saying that, for example, the owners of Nissan should have a say in who forms the next British government because they have factories in the UK?

What about McDonalds; they're all over the place! So, following your line of thought they should have a say in who forms the government in every country where they have a presence!

From the Oxford English Dictionary:-

Ignorant

adjective, 1) lacking knowledge or awareness in general. 2) (often ignorant of) uninformed about or unaware of a specific subject or fact.

Posted as a member, not a Mod; I'll let others decide what action, if any, needs to be taken.

Given that definition I would say the topic is Ignorant MAK MAK :D

Anyone has the right to express their opinion.

What foreigners, rightly, don't have is the right to vote. Are you saying that, for example, the owners of Nissan should have a say in who forms the next British government because they have factories in the UK?

What about McDonalds; they're all over the place! So, following your line of thought they should have a say in who forms the government in every country where they have a presence!

You sir have a firm grip on reason & logic :)

Edited by flying

One of the democratic freedoms we in the west enjoy is the right to demonstrate, even though others may be inconvenienced by that demonstration. Parts of central London, for example, are often closed to traffic for just such a reason.

Why do you want to deny that right to the Thais?

You may not agree with the demonstrator's cause or methods, but calling them 'morons' says more about you than them!

Agree with you on this. You western liberal elitists need to keep your noses out of Thailand's political affairs. You complain about freedom but support those who have dismantled two free elections becuase they did not like the outcome. Then you complain when people protest in the streets. Enjoy Thailand but keep your noses out of politics...look at what your views have done to your home countries. Insulting thailand is getting a little bit old.

Edited by ReleaseTheKrakon