90 Day Report And Money Needed For Extension

Wentworth

90 Day Report

Can anyone confirm what I need for the main Chiang Mai office. I believe it is form TM.47 and copy of passport - which pages and how many copies? Anything Else?

Visa Extension

eg my Visa due for renewal 1st October. Using the 40,000 Baht clause, what date should I have the money in the bank for?

Copy of passort ID page and pages with visa's and extension of stay, copy of TM-card.

I guess you are going for an extension of stay based on marriage. The rule is 40,000 baht a month income OR 400,000 in the bank (not 40,000)!.

The money in the bank has to be there 2 months before you do your extension.

Many thanks.

My apologies, I got a bit carried away about the money. Yes, I should have written 400,000 Baht.

Just a thought - Immigration tend to count most things in days, but the visa money requirement is in months - is that just the way it is?

Copy of passort ID page and pages with visa's and extension of stay, copy of TM-card.

I guess you are going for an extension of stay based on marriage. The rule is 40,000 baht a month income OR 400,000 in the bank (not 40,000)!.

The money in the bank has to be there 2 months before you do your extension.

Be careful here guys.

It used to be 400,000 in the bank account for 2 months. It is now 3 months unofficially according to Siam Legal.

Many people are falling into the same trap lately, having been given verbal confirmation from Immigration that it is 2 months only to find that upon lodgement date, it is in fact 3 months. Pretty frustrating...

You can take a chance and get lucky on the day, but to be safe 3months is the go.

Good luck and pehaps let us know the time line so others can be warned.

-

Be careful here guys.

It used to be 400,000 in the bank account for 2 months. It is now 3 months unofficially according to Siam Legal.

Many people are falling into the same trap lately, having been given verbal confirmation from Immigration that it is 2 months only to find that upon lodgement date, it is in fact 3 months. Pretty frustrating...

You can take a chance and get lucky on the day, but to be safe 3months is the go.

Good luck and pehaps let us know the time line so others can be warned.

It is 2 months for the first application.

For subsequent applications it is 3 months at some offices and 2 months at others.

I did my second application a month ago and the requirement was 2 months.

I was a few days short and went for a 7 day extension to make up the time

but I got away without it . . . not sure why!

David