2 More Dead Hollywood Night Club

siamtraded

The media won't report that anyone died because they have been told by the police that nobody did die so there is no proof that anyone did die. All a big cover up.

So where is it confirmed that the Frenchman did die?

Edited by phuketrex

Morale Of The Story DONT GO TO HOLLYWOOD NIGHTCLUB sounds like a lovely dive!!!!!!!! with Crazed Doormen..

I've been to Hollywood plenty of times. Full of tourists thinking they are pulling a hot innocent Thai girl ignorant to the fact she is working. No different than Banana or Tiger.

And FYI you will not find Thai "doormen" that do not become "crazed" when in a confrontation. When Thai men lose it, they snap and don't hold anything back.

Morale Of The Story DONT GO TO HOLLYWOOD NIGHTCLUB sounds like a lovely dive!!!!!!!! with Crazed Doormen..

I've been to Hollywood plenty of times. Full of tourists thinking they are pulling a hot innocent Thai girl ignorant to the fact she is working. No different than Banana or Tiger.

And FYI you will not find Thai "doormen" that do not become "crazed" when in a confrontation. When Thai men lose it, they snap and don't hold anything back.

So true

thats why farang should not attack doormen, especially not 5 bodybuilder-size farang at the time.

farang respecting they are not wanted in a disco/nightclub/bar/restauarant do not get involved in this kind of trouble

some of the involved doormen have been sent on payed holiday for a month. probably see them back after Songkran

If the foreign subjects were French nationals of North African origin, I do not anticipate that the French ambassador will lose sleep over the incident.

I do not understand why any sane person goes to these clubs. I have been in a few and never go back. Something about buildings with blocked fire exits, and no life & safety standards that spooks me.

Respect is a 2 way street.. Some of those Hollywood bouncers have a serious attitude problem..

The whole vibe is one of conflict and egos..

they are employed to deny access to private property for unwanted individuals or groups, and to protect the rest of their guests from these individuals or groups. attacking them while doing their job is unwise. having a group of 30-50% larger men attacking them is suicidal.

all farang have to do is to respect being denyed access to private property, and leave quietly when asked to do so. coming back with strong friends as a group to attack the bouncers guarding entrance doesnt work. This kind of farang revenge is illegal and suicidal. The bouncers action was legal.

Violent thais can be real bad, but in this incident they where protecting private property from a group attack

they are employed to deny access to private property for unwanted individuals or groups, and to protect the rest of their guests from these individuals or groups. attacking them while doing their job is unwise. having a group of 30-50% larger men attacking them is suicidal.

all farang have to do is to respect being denyed access to private property, and leave quietly when asked to do so. coming back with strong friends as a group to attack the bouncers guarding entrance doesnt work. This kind of farang revenge is illegal and suicidal. The bouncers action was legal.

Violent thais can be real bad, but in this incident they where protecting private property from a group attack

A sort of justified homicide then? :)

Kinda surprising that the French guy's buddies haven't started bleating the tale to the French press...the Somchai's would have no chance of covering that story up on the world stage.

"THE BOUNCERS ACTION WAS LEGAL."

In my country, we have a thing called "reasonable force." That means, you do not have the right to shoot someone dead because they slapped you in the face. You have the right of self defence, cross that boundary where your defence is now an attack and you commit the crime of assault, or in this case, murder. No way is the bouncer's action legal.

In no way do I condone the actions of the farang, if asked to leave the premises, they should have left, but, just because he/they "shape up" does not give the right to the bouncer/s to kill them (murder) by any means. Even if the bouncer/s had no intent to kill the farang, but still did, we are looking at the crime of manslaughter.

Further to this, since when has "property" been more valuable than human life???? What property are we talking about? Some bar tables and chairs? I sense there is more to this story we will never know about, and there is always two sides to every story.

We have Tourist Police. Maybe it's time we have one or two "Tourist Security" in the larger venues who can "talk down" the trouble before it esculates, instead of the venue having many young Thai security guys, who do not speak english, and are strung out on yabba pills to stay awake, dealing with over zealous, exicted, happy and intoxicated tourist.

In my country, we have a thing called "reasonable force." That means, you do not have the right to shoot someone dead because they slapped you in the face. You have the right of self defence, cross that boundary where your defence is now an attack and you commit the crime of assault, or in this case, murder. No way is the bouncer's action legal.

In no way do I condone the actions of the farang, if asked to leave the premises, they should have left, but, just because he/they "shape up" does not give the right to the bouncer/s to kill them (murder) by any means. Even if the bouncer/s had no intent to kill the farang, but still did, we are looking at the crime of manslaughter.

Further to this, since when has "property" been more valuable than human life???? What property are we talking about? Some bar tables and chairs? I sense there is more to this story we will never know about, and there is always two sides to every story.

We have Tourist Police. Maybe it's time we have one or two "Tourist Security" in the larger venues who can "talk down" the trouble before it esculates, instead of the venue having many young Thai security guys, who do not speak english, and are strung out on yabba pills to stay awake, dealing with over zealous, exicted, happy and intoxicated tourist.

I agree with what you're saying, but things have turned too far in the other direction in the UK.

Homeowners have to be v careful when confronted (in their own home) by a burglar. I'm thinking about the poor man (can't remember his name) who had serious mental problems and was harangued by the local youths who kept breaking into his house. Unfortunately he made the mistake of shooting one of them (who was a known trouble maker in the area). The courts weren't sympathetic - he was jailed.

Assuming the stories in this case are true, the drunk farang didn't realise that the Thai security staff were even more pissed-off then they were - serious mistake.

Its tragic that somebody (we think) died, but whilst I can sympathise, they really should have known better than to assume that their greater body weight meant that they would win the argument. If its true that they were 5 big farang going for a larger number of (smaller) Thai security guards, they were stupid and looking for a fight - as were the security guards. Bad combination in any country, but here.......

BTW how does this thread had 2 'more' dead ??

:) ...mmmm...yes, I see what you hab mean. 1 man dead confirmed, bereft of life and pushing up the daises, although the Somchai's aren't saying. 1 man still feeling a little under the weather. 2 'more' persons 'died' but these absent raga-muffin corpses have yet to be related to that particular incident. Reports suggest that they probably expired from exhaustion whilst waiting to be served.

Mind you, the Somchai's do seem to have done a reasonable job of hushing the local press on this one. Even the 'can't be named' website has not updated its' reporting from March. :D

A sort of justified homicide then? :)

Kinda surprising that the French guy's buddies haven't started bleating the tale to the French press...the Somchai's would have no chance of covering that story up on the world stage.

5 "french" attacking 12 security guards on private property in Thailand. No homicide. Nothing for the french to be proud of bragging to the press.

2 or 3 farang where denied access to private property and left after fistfight with some security guards. 5 farang came back to private property to attack 12 security guards. Security guards could have shot them legally, they chose to beat them up. sane tourists do not attack security guards, or police, they leave when asked to, and do not come back for revenge.

2 or 3 farang where denied access to private property and left after fistfight with some security guards. 5 farang came back to private property to attack 12 security guards. Security guards could have shot them legally, they chose to beat them up. sane tourists do not attack security guards, or police, they leave when asked to, and do not come back for revenge.

Quite right. People from the West have never learned any respect for any kind of security personel. Think how this happens in the west now:

Man turns up at night club drunk with mates and attacks a couple who are waiting to go in. Bouncer intervenes and drunken scum turn up later with sheepish police and smart lawyer in tow.

Nevxt week, thugs allowed access to club where more innocents are beaten up and abused ad infinitum.

In 70's in a club in england, no from the bouncer meant no, and you buggered off.

These muscle bound thugs went to a lot of trouble to group themselves and find their way back to this club. It was clearly a pre-meditated attack on the bouncers and the club that should have been (and was) repulsed.

What if they had got inside? Who else might they have beaten up?

So next time you are mugged or set upon, you will be screaming for a social worker to come and council the attacker will you? Or will you be asking the strongest person arround you for help in fending them off?

You are victim of the liberal chattering classes that pervade western society. Society where criminals have all the rights and victims run the risk of having to pay compensation for slandering some thug who as attaced or robbed them.

So next time you are mugged or set upon, you will be screaming for a social worker to come and council the attacker will you? Or will you be asking the strongest person arround you for help in fending them off?

You are victim of the liberal chattering classes that pervade western society. Society where criminals have all the rights and victims run the risk of having to pay compensation for slandering some thug who as attaced or robbed them.

Grandpops, you have missed the point. Since when, in any country, at anytime, has security personel had the legal right to be judge, jury and executioner. In my country, in recent years, they have tighened up on security guards because most of them were steroid gym junkies working in pubs and were the ones actually picking the fights, or inciting the patrons to violence, to satisfy their own ego.

I don't really know what happened that night at Hollywood, and for what reason, but, for example, I punch you in the face, do you think you have the legal right to pull out a gun and blow my head off???? Is that self defence? No, it's murder. If I pulled a knife on you and advanced towards you, and then you shot me, that would be self defence. Big difference.

If I was mugged, I would defend myself to the absolute of my ability, BUT, if I gained the upper hand, I wouldn't then proceed to kick, club, stab and beat my assaliant and kill him. That's called murder. I would restrain and detain, which is a citizens arrest, until the police came.

I know this is Thailand, but, does that mean Thai security guards are always right, and above the law. Let's be realistic. A 19 year old guy on his first overseas trip to Thailand who is drunk and cheeky and has been asked to leave, but refuses, there is a better way to manage his exit from the club than just bash the shit out of him and throw him down the stairs, which is what happens here. Now, of course, for some people, that's the only way to eject them from the premises, but in Thailand, security seem to think this is the only way and then seem to exact some some of beating as a punishment for the patron's bad behaviour. More will die in the future if this practice continues.

In not one of my posts have I mentioned sueing anyone.

Grandpops, you have missed the point. Since when, in any country, at anytime, has security personel had the legal right to be judge, jury and executioner. In my country, in recent years, they have tighened up on security guards because most of them were steroid gym junkies working in pubs and were the ones actually picking the fights, or inciting the patrons to violence, to satisfy their own ego.

I don't really know what happened that night at Hollywood, and for what reason, but, for example, I punch you in the face, do you think you have the legal right to pull out a gun and blow my head off???? Is that self defence? No, it's murder. If I pulled a knife on you and advanced towards you, and then you shot me, that would be self defence. Big difference.

If I was mugged, I would defend myself to the absolute of my ability, BUT, if I gained the upper hand, I wouldn't then proceed to kick, club, stab and beat my assaliant and kill him. That's called murder. I would restrain and detain, which is a citizens arrest, until the police came.

I know this is Thailand, but, does that mean Thai security guards are always right, and above the law. Let's be realistic. A 19 year old guy on his first overseas trip to Thailand who is drunk and cheeky and has been asked to leave, but refuses, there is a better way to manage his exit from the club than just bash the shit out of him and throw him down the stairs, which is what happens here. Now, of course, for some people, that's the only way to eject them from the premises, but in Thailand, security seem to think this is the only way and then seem to exact some some of beating as a punishment for the patron's bad behaviour. More will die in the future if this practice continues.

In not one of my posts have I mentioned sueing anyone.

their first ejection was sivilized. they where beaten up when they came back as a larger group to fight the security guards.

more will die in the future if groups of bodybuilders attack security staff on private property

met an american at patong hospital some years back, kicking and screaming in an ambulance, and kicking everyone trying to get him out of ambulance for medical treatment. had resisted arrest of police after a bar fight, and beaten up two officers. he had a few brouces. I tryed to calm him down, begged him to be more survival, not suicidal. tryed to kick me to, said he hated all buddhists. dont know if he survived

The availability of anabolic steroids in Patong is no secret and you don't have to be Dr Doogie to see who are on them. The whole kickboxing/bodybuilding world is full of fragile egos who are revved up on testosterone. Mix in alcohol or any other drug and you have a rich cocktail for violence.

If you are going to start a street fight with Thai guys I say good luck as you'll need it. Just don't expect them to adhere to Marquess of Queensberry rules and expect a fight to the death or serious injury.

• 3 weeks later...

Homeowners have the right to use reasonable force against burglars, and the benefit of the doubt is given to them. In the rare instance that a case comes to court the homeowner is judged by his peers by a jury, who I assure you have no sympathy for burglars having sat on one myself. This nonsense is spouted by the papers, and mugs believe it.

Homeowners have the right to use reasonable force against burglars, and the benefit of the doubt is given to them. In the rare instance that a case comes to court the homeowner is judged by his peers by a jury, who I assure you have no sympathy for burglars having sat on one myself. This nonsense is spouted by the papers, and mugs believe it.

In LOS armed intruders can be wasted on private property, and police do not send such cases to prosecutor, thus not to the court.