Beach Festival Chiang Mai

mike3006

well no actually this production is being put on by a french team. and alot of the sound equipment has been shipped over from europe. I think you might be surprised

French ? sadley.gif

Had lot's of them in my café... they talk too much and drink too little. Nobody likes French even French don't like French..

I partly agree with Manial lover.

The festival should not have been allowed in a recreational area designed for another purpose.

Actually it is NOICE pollution.

Keep in mind Noice is Australian for Nice. :) Seriously: That area is normally closed at night anyway, AND it is miles from anything else. If you have thoughts about a better location then I'm all ears.

And note that it's not only foreign tourists; regular Thai kids also go, including some guys and girls from my office.

But maybe you just don't like parties. Or people having fun. That's possible.

I partly agree with Manial lover.

The festival should not have been allowed in a recreational area designed for another purpose.

Actually it is NOICE pollution.

Keep in mind Noice is Australian for Nice. :) Seriously: That area is normally closed at night anyway, AND it is miles from anything else. If you have thoughts about a better location then I'm all ears.

And note that it's not only foreign tourists; regular Thai kids also go, including some guys and girls from my office.

But maybe you just don't like parties. Or people having fun. That's possible.

I do not mind people having parties and I do like people having fun but not over there. (I know nature has no rights here)

Or do you think they don't do any sound checks during the day?

Same thing with the Jet ski guys, they like the place as well and they test also a lot before the event start.

Anyway 80 % of their visitors are local, it used to be 99%.

I know the place for about 30 years now, before they build the (small) dam and the roads.

Solution?

Same place where your red shirt friends go, the 700 Years stadion, bring in some sand and water that's all.

Plenty of parking space, toilets security etc etc.

Or the place next door, the events hall, build by your friend for millions of baht but empty and not used at all. The night safari is another place that could be used if we follow your way of thinking. The former floral area is not used as well. You see, plenty of places destroyed by others already that could be (re)used for events like this. All of them have the falicities and parking space ready, none of them are used correctly.

And yet even fewer people like your whining about everything.

Agree. Went to the Smile Party last weekend and it was great fun! I'm pretty sure "nature" is just fine. And considering the fact that most people seemed to be taking the free shuttle bus back and forth, think of how many fewer drunks there were on the roads going from bar to bar. Probably even saved a couple lives, who knows..

Unfortunately the miserable old anti-sanook brigade (read crotchety old farangs) are already complaining in full force this year. Not sure what makes this lot whine so much this time of year. Maybe its the heat? I hope that if I one day ever get too old to find fun and enjoyment in the life around me, that I have the common decency to deep throat a revolver and pull the trigger. Of course if I did, this same group would be back on Thai Visa whining about the noise!

But in the meantime, :)

-Mestizo

Well well well, What a load of <deleted> this beach party turned out to be. 5000 people a day? Yeah right, pull the other one. In fairness I didn't arrive until late so I didn't see the bands, but they did have dj's playing what it sounded like they were playing the same "choon" all night. The place looked nice, lights and screens where good but the sound was terrible cracking speakers and distortion. But what beat all was where the stage was placed, they the put up in front of a 4 ft deep trench. a ditch!, what the fuc_k were they thinking? It's hard to imagine a group of people standing around and discussing "hmmm I think we should put it there" daft cun_ts.

I think the Smile Party people don't have anything to worry about

I got back from this event not long ago. The website said there would be activities and workshops from 1p.m. so I thought it would be okay for my kids. In fact there was nothing going on at all until about 7pm, when we had to go to put my small son to bed. There were a few bikini clad tourists playing volleyball and a muted sound system repeatedly playing the same chillout CD.

It was poor. A rip-off.

I got back from this event not long ago. The website said there would be activities and workshops from 1p.m. so I thought it would be okay for my kids. In fact there was nothing going on at all until about 7pm, when we had to go to put my small son to bed. There were a few bikini clad tourists playing volleyball and a muted sound system repeatedly playing the same chillout CD.

It was poor. A rip-off.

> There were a few bikini clad tourists playing volleyball

:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night before I went to bed and this morning when I woke up at 5:30am I could hear loud dance music. All our windows and doors were closed and the air-con was on but the noise still reached me in bed in Maejo. I guess it was from this party.