Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heartening news. Maybe Abhisit made the right moves to get things on track again to break up the insurgents.

6AF91C6CEC1D472DB0B2C291590A6A0B.jpg

I recognise him, he is the senior red shirt economic and social policy advisor.

Edited by longway

Heartening news. Maybe Abhisit made the right moves to get things on track again to break up the insurgents.

6AF91C6CEC1D472DB0B2C291590A6A0B.jpg

I recognise him, he is the red shirt senior economic and social policy planner. :)

The picture is not taken from a recent riot or event, and as such he would NOT be the target of any water-cannons or teargas grenades. Rainman knows this but is trying to be facetious.

At the moment the speaker at Rajaprasong intersection is the tall 'Village People' lookalike with a big moustache who looks like a scout leader. Anyone remember his name? Not one of the main leaders but always seems to be up on the stage and in all the photos.

watching the bit totty now myself. on uddthailand.com

White top, blue jeans and belt topped off with a white cowboy hat and a red scarf. She looks very much look a typical 20 something lady who would go shopping in Siam Square. Easy for her to leave the stage, throw away the scarf and jump in a taxi without being mistaken for a red shirt.

Abhisit is finished. Cooked. Done like a kipper.

He buys 24 hours with his SOE announcement, now the Army doesn't back him up, allows Red Shirts to pile up the points.

1 day, 2 days? Not much more.

The interesting thing will be what comes after. Cant have lawlessness. Usually after street demos in thailand you dont go to an election but to a change in government

No disagreement on Abhisit beinbg finished. Even his supporters must be deserting him enmasse.

Thaksin to declare victory at ten?

Chess game.

Abhisit is finished anyway. The EC will rule to ban him from politics and put and end to the Democrats. The supreme court firm and fair will follow the EC.

Abhisit will accept this and stay away from politics until he reached the age of a senior citizen and have a comeback as elder statesman.

In the meantime or at his last days now, he will play a little bit the very bad guy, lonely without support by army and anybody else. The army restore its image that got distorted by red propaganda. Everybody can see that the army does no harm to the people.

The Reds get the feeling of a little victory and it is time for the reds to stop all talks about double standard and drop Thaksin.

The very same entities that get attack by the reds propaganda as instruments of dictatorship actually helped the Reds to 'freed' the country of the 'dictator' Abhisit. What they want more, time to go home.

The Reds get the invitation to a Government of National Unity. That offer will separate the sane Reds, the ones who can accept a compromise from the radical part of the Reds who will try to push the issue further. The later will have no public support.

Time up missus. Move along. Get the Village People back on.

It's like listening to the Thai equivalent of Margaret Beckett.

Someone tell her to sit down.

Bring her back...or even the Village People guy. This woman has a voice that reminds me of cats being shaved.

It was bugging me who she reminded me of. She's the Thai version of Nora Batty from Last of the Summer Wine.

She seems to have grasped that most people have lost the signal for PTV and is threatening to go back to Thaicom in Pathum Thani again tomorrow. I reckon they'll need at least 2 companies of soldiers to hold her back ... :o