Cobbler Bootmaker Custom Made Boots Wanted

GungaDin

No replies in the Bangkok forum, so I hope to get some leads from a wider readership here!

I need a pair of custom made boots like this pair, made in BKK (preferably)

post-53559-1270858102_thumb.jpg post-53559-1270857954_thumb.jpg

In the UK they are called Jodhpur boots, in Aus, Stockman's boots

Any leads gratefully received.

7 years now & no shoes, due to injury...

Tally Ho! :)

If you take a walk through Tourist Town, you will certainly find a few places. To the best of my recollection there is Chao Phraya Bootery, on Silom Road in the Patpong area. And on Suriwong Road, you will find Tony's, at the corner of the little stub soi that leads in to the Post Office (north of the Bangkok Christian Hospital).

I am sure that these places will make you anything that you want, especially once they see the colour of your skin.

I am less familiar with the Sukhumwit portion of Tourist Town, but I am sure that there must be such places there too.

^ I don't mind, Ace.

What did your dad order?

My left foot is permanently swollen, so I need two different sized boots made by a professional.

He had copies made of shoes he brought from the UK, end result perfect and he stated infact they were better than the originals...quality wise. Thats why he got 2 pair. I think he paid around 1200thb per pair.

No worries regarding the issue with your left foot, they would make whatever style and alterations you would need. There are many places here, I am just commenting on one particular one near where I live.

Surely though they must be some in BKK? Have you tried the area around Seacon Square?

If you do head to Pattaya though Im sure you'll get what you need.

I think my Dad had to wait 2-3 days.

I know of a cobbler out in the Phrakanong area of BKK. He mostly makes the basic black colored dress / casual shoes. Prices are sure to be cheaper than in the Sukumvit or Silom areas. I'm not certain if he could make exactly what you want unless he had an example though.

Anyways, the shop is located on the left approx 150 to 200 meters along Soi Predi Phanomyong 2 when going from Sukumvit Soi 71. I used to live out there and he has done some cycling shoe repairs for me before, until I discovered that the local street cobblers could do the same kind of work. Haven't been back there in about 2 years.

Another suggestion is a leather / boot shop that I have seen near the main beer bar area in Hua Hin.

Best of luck in your search!