Sending Stuff Back

james24

Hi

I would like to send some stuff back to Spain and the Uk from Chiang Mai. The contents include clothes, dvds soveneirs etc but have no idea how. I will need perhaps a box-parcel size , but cant seem to find anywhere to buy them. The last time I sent an envelope from Bagnkok to Spain, the receiver in Spain got charged for it!! Bloody expensive too!! It also took ages to get there and when something was sent to me it also took a lifetime to get here.

As I want to start sending things back more and more often can anyone please help with the cheapest, most reliable, non fuss way to do it, some help with packaging would also help.

Cheers for your help

P.s. Im stocking up on cheap things from Burma for when I move back in September (household etc), am I better off sending that stuff from there rather than Thailand, anyone know how..?

Cheers again

Edited by james24

There is a postal service expressly for packing and shipping packages abroad which is on Ratchadamamoen Road at Thapea Gate. It is almost directly behind Black Canyon Coffee and across the street from the side entrance of the Montri Hotel.

They supply the cardboard box, packing materials, tape, etc. and will pack the items, place it in a box, seal it, and give you the choice on how you want to ship it whether it is by sea or air, and all you have to do is fill out the custom papers.

They are efficient and reliable, and charge a miniscule charge for the service they provide. I have used their services before, and all my parcels sent overseas were received without any problems.

anywhere i can buy boxes myself as id rather pack them at home...?

Yes, buy them from the post office, they come in various different sizes.

Personally, I would just send by Thai Post, very efficient and you can have tracking as well if you want.