Today's Songkran Pictures

Greenside

Last year it was getting underway on the 12th but today was pretty full on - so much so that the traffic on the outside of the moat at Thaphae that was moving last year and provided some good picture opportunities was at a standstill necessitating a move across the road.

834732061_NH9oY-X2.jpg

834732117_DaofN-M.jpg

834732185_reRnQ-M.jpg

834755726_5tj6F-M.jpg

These girls had just ridden through the gauntlet above at 20 or 30Kph - just how much of an imagination deficiency do you have to have to take a passenger that young on your fun trip...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^see the idiots are out tossing water at mopeds. :)

i reckon both sides are idiots

1. moped riders for riding down a known area for tossing water, at this of year,
  2. the water tosses, gunning for mopeds

notice who the tossers are? Farang by the looks

^see the idiots are out tossing water at mopeds. :D

1. moped riders for riding down a known area for tossing water, at this of year,

Yes thats what made me laugh as well. IDIOT FARANGS! Anyway, rest assured, there will be no shortage of idiots, locals too :)

ps: many will die as well :D

Edited by neverdie

^see the idiots are out tossing water at mopeds. :D

Yes thats what made me laugh as well. IDIOT FARANGS! Anyway, rest assured, there will be no shortage of idiots, locals too :)

ps: many will die as well :D

thats a given unfortunately

Yes, because I am sure it's blazingly obvious that when a bike is coming towards you that an infant is sandwiched in between two people who block it from view. I wouldn't doubt that the throwers didn't see the child until after the water was released. Furthermore, why scream idiot farangs, they are simply mimicking the Thai's who also throw water at motorcycles. As PB says, don't ride during Songkran, it's not like this is something new. Each year people whine about the same thing as if it's groundbreaking news.

These girls had just ridden through the gauntlet above at 20 or 30Kph - just how much of an imagination deficiency do you have to have to take a passenger that young on your fun trip...

I agree, by Thai standards she's certainly old enough to be riding a motorbike of her own. :)

While there are clearly plenty of locals throwing water with abandon, it's pretty obvious that it's the tourists who really go to excess. It's as if they're weighing up the cost and travel time it took to get to this event they've heard so much about and they're determined to HAVE A GOOD TIME. I suspect the same attitude prevails at the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan.

One guy seemed intent on delivering his bucketful with the absolute maximum velocity at every passing rider, frequently knocking glasses off and grunting with the effort. More like a vendetta than a festival I thought, but there were a handful of riders who did the circuit over and over again so maybe it was just a public service.

835376257_PnFfT-M.jpg

And for some real Songkran excitement, I have a limited number of tickets for the back seat on the bike above as for some reason its current occupant seems to have a nasal problem.

835397001_J5Uvu-X2.jpg

I wondered where they were getting their supplies from...

Edited by Greenside

Did I see our own UG in that last photo ?????

:D

I dunno who it was but he was certainly kitted out with a nice supply bottle :) .

Is that Koon D from Oirlaaand !?

Sorry Koon D if it isnt you, and your Bhudda belly isn't that big!

Where does that big pipe of water come from???

Need more wet T Shirt photos please... not of big farangs though :D

Edited by whiterussian

^see the idiots are out tossing water at mopeds. :)

Yes it looks like farangs

Most of the water tossing is not being done by the farangs this year their numbers are visibly down. This being confirmed not just by my sightings but but Thais. As I say this I still fill that the biggest jerks are the farangs. Have fun, get wet and be safe I'll be out there again tomorrow with ICE COLD WATER. :D:)

These pics nowhere as great as Greenside's, but thought i would include them. Some stills from some videos i took today. Kad Suan Kaew was rockin!

15924494.jpg97437069.jpg

99220675.jpg10706408.jpg

Edited by eek

These pics nowhere as great as Greenside's, but thought i would include them. Some stills from some videos i took today. Kad Suan Kaew was rockin!

15924494.jpg97437069.jpg

99220675.jpg10706408.jpg

With the farang bashing going on in different threads for songkran have you noticed how many farangs are in these photos? ZERO

By my count and other sources the farang count is definitely down this year and noticeable. Most party goers are Thais. Have a safe and fun songkran. Now go out there and GET WET.. :)

the farang numbers may be down but they sure make up in size by the looks of the OPs photo :D

By my count and other sources the farang count is definitely down this year and noticeable. Most party goers are Thais. Have a safe and fun songkran. Now go out there and GET WET.. :D

the farang numbers may be down but they sure make up in size by the looks of the OPs photo :D

CORRECTO MUNDO. :)

Take a drive down the Lamphun road and you will find it is 99.9% Thais throwing the water as hard as you like. By 4pm yesterday all the ice vendors down the road had run out, so the water became more like a hot bath!

I got the feeling a lot of them who might have usually have ventured into town might be avoiding it. Lamphun road is worth a visit during Songkran.

Iain

836397687_U3o7V-L.jpg

Official Songkran Day One and this couple chose about the worst route to arrive (or leave) the city. The tuk-tuk driver managed to keep a straight face and will probably be telling all his mates over a Sangsom tonight...

836397537_XGJGR-L.jpg

Excitement was running high by the time they'd been around the moat for the fifth time (either that or the CO2 level got them.....)

836402410_dUuTt-L.jpg

16:00 hours and supplies were running low. This poor kid has been forced to water down the vodka already.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm not impressed by revellers who decide to soak me after they've seen I'm carrying a camera despite being asked to lay off. By the way, I just want to get it on record that I have nothing per se against nipple rings, tattoos, big guys with daft earrings or well built ladies with dubious colour sense.

Edited by Greenside