Today's Songkran Pictures

Greenside

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the poor quality. i dont have a very good camera... and was in a plastic bag. But anyway, heres is a clip from part of todays filming that i found quite funny...

edit: oops its still processing. Video quality should improve in a bit.

Edited by eek

Unfortunately both my camera and my mobile were inadequately protected by plastic bags and tape. Next year I will buy a waterproof digital for the event and leave the mobile at home!

Dunkies work real well for protecting mobiles, especially if it's a Siemens. :)

the only person i know that got in an accident, got knocked right off his scooter cause a thai hit him in the face with a bucket of water on the road from chiang mai to sankamphaeng.

Id like to know if the people bashing the "farang" are thai. Cause the all time worst thing about thailand is foreingers that think they are thai.

the all time worst thing about thailand is foreingers that think they are thai.

I always take it as a great compliment when Thai people tell me I'm more Thai than them. Even if it's meant only semi-complimentally. (not sure if that's a word.) :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

the only person i know that got in an accident, got knocked right off his scooter cause a thai hit him in the face with a bucket of water on the road from chiang mai to sankamphaeng.

Id like to know if the people bashing the "farang" are thai. Cause the all time worst thing about thailand is foreingers that think they are thai.

eh?

whats the reference?

the all time worst thing about thailand is foreingers that think they are thai.

I always take it as a great compliment when Thai people tell me I'm more Thai than them. Even if it's meant only semi-complimentally. (not sure if that's a word.) :)

same same :D

837344054_iB4q5-M.jpg

What a nob... even without having guts out and dosh wrapped round his neck for all to see. Hope that's not you, Greenside? :)

Its nasty to judge someone by their looks, but fekkin hel_l that was a funny comment jackr. :D

Sorry for the poor quality. i dont have a very good camera... and was in a plastic bag. But anyway, heres is a clip from part of todays filming that i found quite funny...

edit: oops its still processing. Video quality should improve in a bit.

reminds me of that clip of the guy shaking his booty in Lumpuni

no chance of a bit of balance eek, say, a clip of coyote girls dancing? :)

T_Dog, they might still be throwing water about, but i believe the events are over. Anyone can confirm?

Yep, the major events are over. Today though we brought new years gifts, mostly food, to the elders in my wife's village. They in turn tied ropes on our wrists, wishing us well for the coming year. Others offered sacred water to the elders. The Lanna Thai culture on Songkran runs deep, and it is a lot more than just throwing water. Cool stuff, loaded with respect, and like Winnie, I'm already looking forward to next year.

Thanks for posting the video of the rocking side car! Captures a lot of the essence of Songkran!

Yep, the major events are over. Today though we brought new years gifts, mostly food, to the elders in my wife's village. They in turn tied ropes on our wrists, wishing us well for the coming year. Others offered sacred water to the elders. The Lanna Thai culture on Songkran runs deep, and it is a lot more than just throwing water. Cool stuff, loaded with respect, and like Winnie, I'm already looking forward to next year.

Oh... so that's why my ancient mother in law sent via the wife some goodies in banana leaf for me to eat. I haven't actually opened the banana leaf to see what's inside, they are a few days old now. Hope it's not fish.

Here boy!!

post-50139-1271423302.gif

Edited by whiterussian