Raffles International School Of Bangkok

Raffles International School of Bangkok is looking for enthusiastic teachers to join our staff for the academic year 2010 – 2011. We are a newly established international school located near downtown Bangkok. We offer a unique diverse trilingual curriculum in a safe, supportive and creative environment that promotes self-discipline, motivation and enable students to become responsible global citizens.

We are searching for individuals with a positive and professional work ethic, those who are open-minded and flexible as well as being sincerely dedicated to the best interests of the pupil's education and development. We are looking for highly professional, diligent, and dynamic teachers who enjoy teaching young children.

The positions will begin Aug 1, 2010. Interviews will be held for the available positions in Bangkok from May 2010.

The following teaching positions are available;

• Nursery/Kindergarten Division Head (Principal)
  • Nursery/Kindergarten Homeroom Teachers
  • Nursery/Kindergarten Chinese Teachers
  • English Department Head of Primary School
  • Chinese Department Head of Primary School
  • Primary Homeroom Teachers
  • Primary Chinese Teachers
  • Teaching Assistants
  • Music Teacher

Applicants must meet the following criteria;

• You must be a native speaker to apply for positions (1) to (7).
  • For positions (8) to (9), non-native speakers are welcome to apply. However, you should have an excellent command of the English Language.
  • Hold a Bachelor Degree or higher in the relevant discipline.
  • Minimum of two years of teaching experience.
  • For positions (1), (4) and (5), you should have minimum 5 years of teaching or management experience.
  • You must provide original education diplomas, certificates, and transcripts. The school will not consider any applicant for employment who cannot provide these documents at the time of the initial interview. No exceptions will be made.

If you are suitably qualified and would like to be part of a professional and dedicated team that is committed to helping students reach their full potential, please contact the Principal at * (email address removed)* and provide the following documentation:

- Detailed CV (resume)

- Current Photo

- At least 2 professional references

- Contact information including current phone number and e-mail address

Applicants who are short listed will be contacted for an interview. If there are no openings at the time we receive your CV it will be filed and reviewed when positions become available.

Sorry, we don't allow email addresses on the open forum. Please check the forum rules on this.

You can list a phone number if you want. Interested persons can also use the PM function to contact the OP.

• 2 weeks later...
And the salaries are???

The salaries will range accordingly to individuals' qualifications and positions. The salaries will be on par with Thailand's salary scale for International Schools. We are looking for many teachers as this is a newly set up school. If you are interested, please give me a call at +66 827050116.

And the salaries are???

The salaries will range accordingly to individuals' qualifications and positions. The salaries will be on par with Thailand's salary scale for International Schools. We are looking for many teachers as this is a newly set up school. If you are interested, please give me a call at +66 827050116.

So that's 20K - 200K per month then? Perhaps providing a rough salary scale whould be beneficial and help teachers decide on whether it is worth applying. e.g. up to 50K, 50-60K, up to 80K, up to 100K, over 100K. That would cover the range of most international schools here.

I thought, this school was a design school over in Silom?

I know that Raffles is a very common name but we are not affliated in any form with the design school in Silom. As we are using the National Curriculum in conjunction with the Singapore Curriculum, hence the name Raffles International School of Bangkok.

And the salaries are???

So that's 20K - 200K per month then? Perhaps providing a rough salary scale whould be beneficial and help teachers decide on whether it is worth applying. e.g. up to 50K, 50-60K, up to 80K, up to 100K, over 100K. That would cover the range of most international schools here.

I can't post a rough salary scale as you can see from the first posting, we are looking for many teachers. There are different salary scales for teachers of different subjects and of different qualifications. All I can say is that the salary scale will be comparable with the International Schools here in Bangkok. If you are really interested in the positions and what they entails, please feel free to give me a call at 0827050116.

I have removed a number of off-topic posts. My apologies to the OP as I also removed one of hers, which was a reply to one of the off-topic posts.

The OP is asking people who are interested in working for the school and are qualified to call. She's not asking for business advice, advice on names, etc.

Please stay on topic.

Thanks

I think the question regarding salaries was valid.

I understand the reluctance to give exact numbers but a pay scale would not hurt. Absolutely no mention of the packages on offer....Hmmmm...

I'm not trolling, I could well be interested.

i agree. i'm a well qualified and experienced teacher, and i've never considered any job in thailand where they've been reluctant to publish the salary range. i used to, but i always found that what they said on the phone was not what i would have ended up getting, so consequently i wasted lots of time turning up to interviews for jobs i would never accept :)

Questions about salary and package are valid, however, it's up to the OP to answer or not. I do understand that there are a lot of variables to consider. Some schools pay differently for different nationalities, different degrees, different levels of experience.

Our school seldom ever will put the salary in an advert, this is not my decision but the director. The salary is listed as 'competitive with a good benefits package.'

I thought, this school was a design school over in Silom?

I know that Raffles is a very common name but we are not affliated in any form with the design school in Silom. As we are using the National Curriculum in conjunction with the Singapore Curriculum, hence the name Raffles International School of Bangkok.

Sorry, but you guys have the same name or close to it. No website is listed for your school, only for Raffles International School of Bangkok in Silom. Which one, give a website and an address to seperate both of you.

• 2 weeks later...
I could not agree with you guys more, Here we have a new school, that does not have a website.

It is posting for jobs, and will not offer a pay range. I do NOT THINK IT IS WORTH my time to inquire.

I know it's frustrating to have to contact the school for salary info, but actually that's what most the high-paying schools in Bangkok do. I work at an international school, and our salary scales are definitely not public. Most international schools around the world, and in BKK, are the same. The salary/benefits package is discussed at the time of the interview. It really does vary a lot depending on your degree, experience, qualifications, and position.

I'm not defending this particular school, as I know nothing about it, but I just wanted to point out that withholding salary info in a job posting certainly does not make a school a waste of time. And honestly, if it's too much effort for someone to contact the school to inquire about salaries, then the school probably doesn't want that person anyway.