Gulf Air Flight - Cancelled Today

Travelling with wife and 8 year old child.

Any thoughts on where is best to wait, we were due to travel to UK today the flight is postponed due to volcano in Iceland, as requested we called the airline they suggested we were to call again tomorrow and find out what has happened, we are in Hua Hin and I am wondering if it might be better to wait in Bangkok closer to the airport ?? The airline say they will keep us informed and we can call daily or as often as we like and tell us there is no point in going to the airport,

Views would be great please.

I am in the same situation in Glasgow, airline can't do or say anything until the airports re-open. It is a case of sitting back and enjoying an extended holiday until the airports open. Also expect at least another 2 - 5 days before you can get another flight :) sorry

I have re booked flight wth Gulf for next Sunday, hope thongs will be more clear by then, staying in HH it is nice and easy hotel cheap and very nice very helpful owners, Prinz Garden Villa if any one wants a good family hotel it perfect. Might go to BK once all flights are up and running. I am out of tourist visa on the 27/04/10 so will need to get extension just incase, maybe they will be okay for a couple of days ???