Red-Shirts To Intensify Pressure

webfact

As per the topic, the Red Shirts would definitely "Intensify Pressure" if a few thousand of them managed to inadvertently asphyxiate themselves:

f_13eob3c8t28m_18c6daf.jpgf_14i40efl2vam_8c59d43.jpg

An anti-government protester wears a plastic bag over his head to prepare for the possibility of tear gas on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 in Bangkok, Thailand.

Yahoo News Service

Uh... This has to be a gag...

Tear gas vs suffocation.. and they choose suffocating...

Go red?

Whose calling Darwin Awards?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we have fake reds giving out fake stickers. Can you really take these people seriously? They're just playing games and seeing how much trouble they can stir up. The reds don't really have a single voice and yes, some of the reds want Thaksin back, and yes some would make him president. When the dust settles some of the protesters will be shocked to learn what they were really fighting for.

Yep and I guess fake reds are distributing these fake bandanas many of the Tai Rouge are wearing. In case you don't read Thai, it says 'Thaksin.'

4537617823_15a70dbeac.jpg

Additional evidence is a favorite shirt design that dispels the myth that the reds aren't about Thaksin, modeled by his brother-in-law at a red rally

f_mnpcfjetm_863ee91.jpg

Wanna convince people it's not about him in a realistic manner? Dump the paraphenalia as a start.

Something else they are doing today is intensifying pressure by shocking levels of actually provoking armed soldiers with their shenanigans. It doesn't get much more provocative than this:

A smaller number of supporters of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra remained in the business district, throwing firecrackers at times to taunt troops, many armed with M-16 assault rifles.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/SGE63K00J.htm

All the reds want is violence. They think that a few more dead protestors will be good for their cause.

Something else they are doing today is intensifying pressure by shocking levels of actually provoking armed soldiers with their shenanigans. It doesn't get much more provocative than this:

A smaller number of supporters of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra remained in the business district, throwing firecrackers at times to taunt troops, many armed with M-16 assault rifles.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/SGE63K00J.htm

The reds that are doing this are insane and truly deserve what they will eventually get unless start to act right in their heads..

Cheers, Rick

post-25601-1271771431_thumb.png

Don't forget rubber... one of my Thai pals is pro Thaksin mainly because he apparently managed to form a rubber cartel that dictated the world rubber price... off the top of my head, my pal said something like:

Thaksin had the rubber price up to (eg: 80 baht)

now it is 10 baht.

I bet Thaksin was rather good at these sort of things, but I just dont know.

I think he was probably pretty good at creating trading opportunities for himself but the market is much bigger than him.

post-25601-1271836097_thumb.jpg

http://www.irco.biz/index.php#

Comments from the poster who uses Clockwork Orange as his avatar and pseudonym...should be taken lightly, it is after all the the title of a film about "the adventures of a young man whose principal interests are rape, ultra-violence and Beethoven" (Not that there is anything wrong with Beethoven)

Wow look who is talkiing! Your avatar shows two sci-fi warlords fighting to the death over a destroyed landscape. Is that your vision of the future?

In any case, I think that you completely missed the point of the film Clockwork Orange - it was a dark commentary of an imaginary dystopian future, where the more society tried to analyse and control itself, the more bereft of morality it became.

And if we start analysing pseudonyms and avatars, then this whole forum becomes completely ridiculous and all the comments arbitrary anyway.

OK, So what's your analysis of this?

Im not taking either side, today.. What is the red agenda, please feel free to explain it to me as i honestly cant get a detailed answer, and how do they propose to make themselves more prosperous? And please leave out the yellow's this, thaksin that, military so on rhetoric, frankly its all pretty stale at this point in time.

Gawd knows, maybe by getting decent irrigation... no rain up north for a looong time.

Maybe by reducing the middlemans profit, a la otop etc.

Maybe by getting local officials rather than ones sent from Bangkok (Chiang Mai had many of its officials replaced after the military coup - which led to an unprecidented period of law enforcement up here dam_n it! Means we actually had to pay road tax and wear helmets!!)

Maybe they will just have the psychological benefit of actually getting who they vote for!

or

Thailand can boost its military budget further, increase its corporation tax breaks further, and generally hunker down until the PRC come marching in.

But most of all, I suspect they want who they vote for, and not who they are told to vote for down the barrel of a tank. How can they relate to an Eton/Oxford man? who is now clearly just a pawn. Apparently he doesnt even speak 'normal' Thai!

in what way is he "clearly just a pawn"?

As per the topic, the Red Shirts would definitely "Intensify Pressure" if a few thousand of them managed to inadvertently asphyxiate themselves:

An anti-government protester wears a plastic bag over his head to prepare for the possibility of tear gas on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 in Bangkok, Thailand.

Yahoo News Service

Go red?

It's no gag. This is where they are at this point.

A plastic bag over their head... :)

And yes, these are legitimate photos from this good photojournalism news service. Sorry not linking earlier.

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search?p=thai...tart=1&b=31

Yahoo News Service

Go red?

:D Truely amazing stuff. :)

Thai "red shirts" open to talks to avert crackdown

BANGKOK (Reuters)– 22 mins ago – Thai anti-government protesters occupying an upmarket shopping area of Bangkok said on Wednesday they were open to talks through a third party to prevent bloody clashes with armed troops threatening to forcibly evict them.

The protesters, supporters of ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said a crackdown was imminent and they were now willing to reconsider their demands for a snap election as hundreds of armed troops massed in a nearby business district for a third day.

"We are open to talks to end the crisis, but not with the government," one of the "red shirt" leaders, Jaran Ditapichai, told Reuters in an interview. Kwanchai Praina said he would propose during a meeting of the group's leaders that they consider a three-month timeframe for Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to dissolve parliament.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100421/ts_nm/us_thailand_129

---------------------------------------------------

Additionally, Kwanchai is the infamous leader of the violent Love Udon Thani group. Six months ago he was essentially kicked out of the reds, but it's interesting to see he is a major player again amongst them.

"We are open to talks to end the crisis, but not with the government," one of the "red shirt" leaders, Jaran Ditapichai, told Reuters in an interview. Kwanchai Praina said he would propose during a meeting of the group's leaders that they consider a three-month timeframe for Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to dissolve parliament.

Who is he? Never heard of him before

BANGKOK (Reuters)– 22 mins ago – Thai anti-government protesters occupying an upmarket shopping area of Bangkok said on Wednesday they were open to talks through a third party to prevent bloody clashes with armed troops threatening to forcibly evict them.

The protesters, supporters of ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said a crackdown was imminent and they were now willing to reconsider their demands for a snap election as hundreds of armed troops massed in a nearby business district for a third day.

Additionally, Kwanchai is the infamous leader of the violent Love Udon Thani group. Six months ago he was essentially kicked out of the reds, but it's interesting to see he is a major player again amongst them.

FINALLY they are talking about compromise!!!!!!

"We are open to talks to end the crisis, but not with the government," one of the "red shirt" leaders, Jaran Ditapichai, told Reuters in an interview

Who are they going to talk to about ending the Crisis, themselves?

Yahoo News Service

Go red?

I wonder if the PAD is supplying those?

Another activity today was sharpening spears:

f_1ctquny3y1m_52f192c.jpg

f_1ctquny3xum_d26c868.jpg

Matichon News

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?...d=&catid=02

Fun for the whole family. :)

Are the little toddlers and babies still with this crowd?

btw, nice Red Chinese cap on the 2nd photo

"The atmosphere at the red-shirt rally site at Ratchaprasong Intersection this morning was relatively quiet except for red-shirt core leader Natthawut Saikua taking to the stage to refute claims made by the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation that the group is hoarding weapons.

He challenged the center to produce evidence to back its claim that demonstrators are collecting sharpened sticks, explosives and corrosive acid before commenting that the claim was likely made to justify a protest dispersal."

NATION

hmmmm

FINALLY they are talking about compromise!!!!!!

It will probably take them about a day for it to register that compromise at this point makes Abhisit look like a wise and compassionate leader of all Thais and the earlier the elections the better he'll do. They've painted themselves into a really ugly corner I'm afraid.

Edited by lannarebirth

The red shirt leadership seems remarkably quiet.

I sense a move towards 'backing down'. Now we may see some more realistic proposals for the end-game.

Now they want to negotiate...

BangkokDan: Reuters reports red shirts open to talks to avoid crackdown

Hopefully that is true. And the government response should be "All Red leaders with warrants turn themselves in. All protesters leave within 24 hours. Elections in December, providing the country remains peaceful".

Yahoo News Service

Thats a funny pic, yeh its not the best idea in the world but keep in mind that tear gas is very very nasty and painful stuff.

I suppose it would work if you took a deep breath put the bag over your head and ran, remove, repeat. I dont think it effect the airways half as bad as the eyes.

Edited by RussellHantz

"We are open to talks to end the crisis, but not with the government," one of the "red shirt" leaders, Jaran Ditapichai, told Reuters in an interview

You really do know squat.

They have again outmanouvered Thaugsabum. He is screaming hysterically for death of the reds, along with the PAD falangs on here.

Now the Reds offer talks, he can't attack as then the army are re-igniting the issue. And the Army are hoping this will be resolved with talks. There are more falangs on here want bloodshed than their are Thais wanting it on the street. This is because you are closeted in you nice little offices and bedrooms far from the trouble.

You yellows been screaming for blood for 6 weeks now.

Can some of you please think before you post.

post-25601-1271771431_thumb.png

Don't forget rubber... one of my Thai pals is pro Thaksin mainly because he apparently managed to form a rubber cartel that dictated the world rubber price... off the top of my head, my pal said something like:

Thaksin had the rubber price up to (eg: 80 baht)

now it is 10 baht.

I bet Thaksin was rather good at these sort of things, but I just dont know.

I think he was probably pretty good at creating trading opportunities for himself but the market is much bigger than him.

post-25601-1271836097_thumb.jpg

http://www.irco.biz/index.php#

That image is clear enough... did look like a bit of a dive there at one point... no wonder my pal was getting 'shirty'... he has a huge plantation, he worked on his own for 7 years tending the young trees.... thanks

talking of shirts.. has anyone thought about the possibility of a cartel of shirt makers, stirring up all this trouble just for material gain :)

They are now making red and yellow underwear, with a rude message to both sides printed on the arse end.

Seriously, what's the record for the longest a red shirt leader has last on stage without coming out with some hands-down weapons-grade BS?

From what I've heard here and there this week from various people, there's an increased appetite for omelette in the city.

The red shirt leadership seems remarkably quiet.

I sense a move towards 'backing down'. Now we may see some more realistic proposals for the end-game.

Now they want to negotiate...

BangkokDan: Reuters reports red shirts open to talks to avoid crackdown

Hopefully that is true. And the government response should be "All Red leaders with warrants turn themselves in. All protesters leave within 24 hours. Elections in December, providing the country remains peaceful".

And all the bits that you don't understand.

No army re-shuffle

No changing the election districts and constitution to favour the Democrats chances of getting elected.

You PAD are so smug in your propaganda about this being about Thaksin, that you never bothered to read the issues, less did any of you try to understand them. The Democrats need to do both of the above to have any chance of surviving in the medium term.

You are just propaganda tools along the lines of Lord Haw Haw in the 2nd world war. He spouted of in high class intelligent terms about the situation. Just as some of you try to couch your rhetoric in educated terms.

They have again outmanouvered Thaugsabum. He is screaming hysterically for death of the reds, along with the PAD falangs on here.

Now the Reds offer talks, he can't attack as then the army are re-igniting the issue. And the Army are hoping this will be resolved with talks. There are more falangs on here want bloodshed than their are Thais wanting it on the street. This is because you are closeted in you nice little offices and bedrooms far from the trouble.

Hey grandma, the only blood being thrown about is from your vampire crew. Last time they held talks, the Reds said, no negotiation, dissolve immediately.

It's nothing more that another smokescreen. But no doubt you are wise enough to realize this through your Rose Coloured blindfold.

Who has been "screaming for blood", other than the Red leaders? I haven't seen any photos of Yellow shirts carrying sharpened sticks like those above - or maybe you are going to say they're just using them for hunting in Lumphini Park? The Reds should have taken Abhisit's offer of elections in nine months - hel_l, that was almost a month ago now. That would have been the smart thing to do. Except Thaksin wouldn't approve. The deaths are on Thaksin's hands. The army responded to being attacked, which they have a right to do. Now the Reds are in no position to offer anything other than to lay down their arms and go home.

Edited by Netfan