Red-Shirts To Intensify Pressure

webfact

That was an honest question - what did he say? I don't know - my Thai friends don't know - I have found NO ONE who knows - pray tell us... I await with interest - also be useful to name the publication who 'revealed' this comment from Thaksins son - who reported it? a 'dancer' who was nearby? who?

CMF, it seems to me you and the other red "sympathisers" have already made your mind up about the validity of the story before even hearing the details and will rubbish it unless presented with irrefutable proof, which in the circumstances is unlikely to be available. Up to you. It's not my story to defend, and whilst i am not as quick as you seem to be to dismiss it, i also am not quick to take it as gospel.

The only reason i brought the matter up was because at the time it allegedly occured, it was a hot topic of discussion amongst Thai people in my area and on internet forums, including this one, but in particular pantip.com, and so i found it surprising that someone who lives in the area and obviously takes an interest in all things red, would have not heard about it. Perhaps in the red heartlands stories that reflect negatively on the Shinawatras aren't given much airing?

As to what he is claimed to have said, it concerns a topic of conversation that is not allowed here. Do your own research.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nation

"The Bangkok residents tried to break through the line of police to clash with the red-shirt protesters who surged towards the Silom people as well.

The red-shirt people then threw two Molotov cocktails at Silomp people, prompting them to retreat."

The Straits Times

"Only about 20 or so were involved, but it was enough to create tremendous chaos. Glass shattered on the street and rocks cracked and bounced as they went for the Reds – who retaliated with rocks and slingshots of their own but held their line and did not come charging out."

The Nation

"About 30 policemen tried to separate the two sides but the two sides kept on firing slingshots at each other, prompting police themseles to retreat to be stationed in the compound of the hotel."

The Straits Times

"All the while, police deployed on the ground, and soldiers on the pedestrian overpass above, did absolutely nothing to stop or separate the two sides. In fact the police even moved one of their trucks out of the way of the rampaging pro-government men. "

The Nation

"The red-shirt people then threw two Molotov cocktails at Silomp people, prompting them to retreat."

The Straits Times

They certainly tried at Sala Daeng, though not in force. But the Reds were fairly disciplined and thankfully the riot did not escalate into a full-blown fight. At least twice, the Red Shirts fired firecrackers at the pro-government men who ran helter skelter, but returned to pelt them with stones.

Just an example of the propaganda being pumped out by the Nation everyday.

http://blogs.straitstimes.com/2010/4/22/flashpoint-silom

Please note that Singaporean is pro-Thaksin.

So I will read both, and take the average.

That was an honest question - what did he say? I don't know - my Thai friends don't know - I have found NO ONE who knows - pray tell us... I await with interest - also be useful to name the publication who 'revealed' this comment from Thaksins son - who reported it? a 'dancer' who was nearby? who?

CMF, it seems to me you and the other red "sympathisers" have already made your mind up about the validity of the story before even hearing the details and will rubbish it unless presented with irrefutable proof, which in the circumstances is unlikely to be available. Up to you. It's not my story to defend, and whilst i am not as quick as you seem to be to dismiss it, i also am not quick to take it as gospel.

The only reason i brought the matter up was because at the time it allegedly occured, it was a hot topic of discussion amongst Thai people in my area and on internet forums, including this one, but in particular pantip.com, and so i found it surprising that someone who lives in the area and obviously takes an interest in all things red, would have not heard about it. Perhaps in the red heartlands stories that reflect negatively on the Shinawatras aren't given much airing?

As to what he is claimed to have said, it concerns a topic of conversation that is not allowed here. Do your own research.

I am not saying it's not valid - I am saying it is probably exagerated - anyhow I missed it, sorry. I am not going defend anything which is violent - both verbally and physically. yes, unfortunately, there are many things which cannot be discussed here (or in the whole country) so we are only discussing parts of the issue anyway (I shall go look at pantip.com).

EDIT: Pantip.com is in Thai and Google gives me no results for Oak Shinawatra and Chiang Mai Nightclub - so whatever he said can't be that well known?

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

Here are some descriptions of the REDS weapons they are making and hiding (Not counting guns and grenades).

BungFai = Esaan rocket. It has an explosive immunition mixture. When explores, it can kill as many people. My relative in my village lost his right leg when the BungFai explored before it took off to the sky.

Plu = An Esaan big bomb. When explores, it kills anyone close by within 10 meters range and people go deaf from a heavy boom sound.

Talai= Midium size(8 - 12 inches)round firecraker spin into the sky or to any direction. If add nails or sharp object, it can kill or injure anyone up on contact.

Paper Bolloon = the fuel is made from cloth soaked in gasoline. When light and let it go up in the sky, it can fall on any building and can cause fire.

Weng to petition for UN peacekeeping force

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirt leader Weng Tojirakarn on Thursday made an announcement of his plan to submit a letter addressed to the United Nations secretary general requesting the dispatching of the international peace keeping force.

"I want the presence of peace keeping force to prevent Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thuagsuban from dispatching soldiers to kill the red shirts who have just their bare hands," weng said from the rally state at Rajprasong.

He called for 2,000 volunteers to protect his convoy while travelling from Rajprasong to Rajdamnoen Nok Avenue, where the United Nations building is located.

The thing is though, Khun Maw Weng, that the red shirts don't just have their bare hands do they ? They have a lot of weapons which they seized from the military

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirt leader Weng Tojirakarn on Thursday made an announcement of his plan to submit a letter addressed to the United Nations secretary general requesting the dispatching of the international peace keeping force.

"I want the presence of peace keeping force to prevent Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thuagsuban from dispatching soldiers to kill the red shirts who have just their bare hands," weng said from the rally state at Rajprasong.

He called for 2,000 volunteers to protect his convoy while travelling from Rajprasong to Rajdamnoen Nok Avenue, where the United Nations building is located.

The thing is though, Khun Maw Weng, that the red shirts don't just have their bare hands do they ? They have a lot of weapons which they seized from the military

Kuhn Weng seems to have an amazingly vast capacity for hypocrisy...

He may have to change his tune 'Weng those chickens come home to roost.'

Kuhn Weng seems to have an amazingly vast capacity for hypocrisy...

He may have to change his tune 'Weng those chickens come home to roost.'

It is a bit silly I grant you... but to have some sort of 'middleman' for talks might not be a bad idea - a 'neutral'

But I think he went Weng with this one

Without any major foreign interest at stake, I doubt the UN will even bat an eye.

Haven't they heard of email? You don't need 2000 thugs (or volunteers) to deliver a letter. I can just imagine the spin on this one. We were just taking a little stroll to the UN offices with 2000 of my closest friends and the big bad army got in my way so we had to stab them with bamboo spears.

"In Haiti on November 10, UN peacekeepers fired live ammunition resulting in injuries to civilians. "

Be careful what you ask for

"Using high technology weapons and ingenuity to defeat an enemy while minimizing casualties and collateral damage is fundamentally appealing, especially when considering the number of civilians killed accidentally in Somalia as a result of peacekeeping efforts -- somewhere between 7,000 -- 10,000 according to a government source" http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...t/1997/Hall.htm

UN peacekeepers are not necessarily the best solution, they tend to want to go home alive and will shoot civilians if they have to.

Edited by chadintheusa

"such big news at the time"???

Can't blame ChiangMaiFun for not knowing it. Sounds like typical yellow press journalism. A gossip story, such 'news' don't reach all people. The Sun readers will have different topics of conversation than readers ofThe Times irrespective of whether they might vote for the same political party or not.

So what was it actually what Thaksin son had said/screamed at people in a Chiang Mai bar/nightclub a couple of years ago? How relevant and important to know is it? Care to explain?

You start by telling us that the story is obviously well below your intellectual interest and also conclude that it must be biased (impressive insight for someone who knows none of the details) and finish up by requesting more information. :)

I didn't say that it must be biased, i used the term 'yellow press' in the sense of gossip journalism, sensationalism, exaggerations of news events and not the PAD yellow.

And yes, unlike you, i can't attack and blame user ChiangMaiFun for not knowing it and i can't get much agitated about what someones son might have screamed at people in a bar in Chiang Mai or not circa a couple of years ago. And i can't see there much importance and relevance to todays problems.

So i asked you if you could explain it to me why you call it the "big story". Gave you the chance to parade and show off your voluminous knowledge.

But i see your are not capable of doing so. You hide instead behind another attack. Impressive argument for someone who claims to know all details. :D

The UN does not have a rapid response riot squad. It would take months before a UN peacekeeping force could be equipped, funded, trained and given UN backing. Then you'd have a bunch of soldiers who don't speak Thai and who would likely misinterpret being poked in the eye with a bamboo stick as a sign of aggression.

Democrats are the only non-voting buying party in Thailand.

If you believe that I have some beach front land in Roi Et to sell you.

Are you out doing some trolling?

You sound like an honest man like me

I can pay in cash Money

Nice new purple 200 baht notes

still a little wet but the ink will dry soon

I didn't say that it must be biased, i used the term 'yellow press' in the sense of gossip journalism, sensationalism, exaggerations of news events and not the PAD yellow.

And yes, unlike you, i can't attack and blame user ChiangMaiFun for not knowing it and i can't get much agitated about what someones son might have screamed at people in a bar in Chiang Mai or not circa a couple of years ago. And i can't see there much importance and relevance to todays problems.

So i asked you if you could explain it to me why you call it the "big story". Gave you the chance to parade and show off your voluminous knowledge.

But i see your are not capable of doing so. You hide instead behind another attack. Impressive argument for someone who claims to know all details. :)

Can you please state where i have attacked anyone? I haven't. I merely expressed surprised that CMF hadn't heard of or read of the story concerning the son of the man who leads the group to which he speaks so much about.

And despite what you have said about such a story passing by intellectual high brows who read The Times (like yourself?) and insinuating things about my intellect just because i know of it, it is very clear that you yourself heard the story too, by your mention of the fact that Oak screamed at people, which is a detail i never mentioned.

As for you giving me the chance to show off my voluminous knowledge, i am fully aware that all you were doing is trying to get me involved in discussing something that is off limits, as well as having a chance to mock the validity of the story, as you obviously have rushed to the assumption that i accept it as being gospel. I don't. It's simply one of those word of mouth stories that can never be proved one way or the other.

Knowing Thaksin as i do and the character of his son, i would only say that the story is believable.

P.S. What is the meaning of the smilie you attached?

Ya know, I don't have the answer to that question and I've got a couple of rice farms. I'll give you a piece of anything you can get them to send my way though.

So why do you still support a government that promises 10,000 Baht per ton of rice to its farmers, the backbone of the nation, and then ends up giving them only barely over 6,000 Baht?

"Have you stopped abusing kids?"

How about you reference what on earth you are talking about instead?

I totally agree with this post, our staff is a little luckier than yours in that we have a few locations in BKK so when the RED thugs made it impossible for our staff or customers to get to our Sukhumvit location we had them double up at our other branches. These are admin staff making in the 8k to 15k per month range and some of them are from the N and NE and they have NO LOVE of the REDS and are getting more and more vocal about their disgust of them every day. I am shocked that any RED-farang still buys any of the crap the REDS are selling... this has nothing to do with the poor working Thai's... trust me there are many of people of that class right here in BKK it is not confined to the farmers... I guess the blinders some wear are doing a great job

Drivel... and I bet you're proud of paying your staff 8k to 15k

How much do you pay your staff?

How much do you expect traderjm or the company he works at to pay their normal floor staff?

Would you buy their products if the prices was increased to compensate for the raises you indicate you want to see?

not to forget

almost every household in Bangkok has guns at home or in office(except foreigners). I can't imagine when the situation is getting out of control.

It's time for the authorities to get serious, whether it's popular or not. The reds have crossed the threshold and need to be brought to their senses by strict law enforcement. The longer the wait the less chance for peace.

The gov listened to their pleas, the red leaders ran away from negotiation because they can't reply to fair offers. It's not for the populace but for Thaksin and selfish ambition of each and every red leader. Just for the money.

Can you please state where i have attacked anyone? I haven't. I merely expressed surprised that CMF hadn't heard of or read of the story concerning the son of the man who leads the group to which he speaks so much about.

And despite what you have said about such a story passing by intellectual high brows who read The Times (like yourself?) and insinuating things about my intellect just because i know of it, it is very clear that you yourself heard the story too, by your mention of the fact that Oak screamed at people, which is a detail i never mentioned.

As for you giving me the chance to show off my voluminous knowledge, i am fully aware that all you were doing is trying to get me involved in discussing something that is off limits, as well as having a chance to mock the validity of the story, as you obviously have rushed to the assumption that i accept it as being gospel. I don't. It's simply one of those word of mouth stories that can never be proved one way or the other.

Knowing Thaksin as i do and the character of his son, i would only say that the story is believable.

OUCH and that my friends is what is known as a smackdown hahahaha... well done.

The reds in CM are well known for killing poeple, beating up farmers and gays.

This has got to be a joke! yellows have stooped to new depths with this post - just read it again dear readers:

'The reds in CM are well known for killing poeple, beating up farmers and gays.'

Have you been keeping your appointments with your nice Doctor? funny how none of these 'killings', 'beatings of farmers and gays' have reached the newspapers or TV.

Edit: posters name added

Well I guess you dont read Chiang Mai news. They do kill people.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Shirt-Mu...rs-t354499.html

I noticed in today's national press that the court in Chiangmai has sentenced five men to 20 years in jail for the murder of the father of a key member of the yellow shirt People's Alliance for Democracy.

One of those convicted is the chief security guard of the red shirt Rak Chiang Mai 51 group, Niyom Lueangcharoen, who has jumped bail and was last seen on the stage of the current demonstration in Bangkok. I trust he will be apprehended very soon.

I think it is time ChiangMaiFun tries to get himself informed. Ever heard of CM51 for instance? They are NOT nice people.

Another activity today was sharpening spears:

f_1ctquny3y1m_52f192c.jpg

f_1ctquny3xum_d26c868.jpg

Matichon News

Are the little toddlers and babies still with this crowd?

A review of last night's news and its violence disturbingly reveals that little kids are STILL a part of this gang.

f_wfk2cbsm_5631c56.jpg

The red shirt leadership seems remarkably quiet.

I sense a move towards 'backing down'. Now we may see some more realistic proposals for the end-game.

Now they want to negotiate...

BangkokDan: Reuters reports red shirts open to talks to avoid crackdown

Hopefully that is true. And the government response should be "All Red leaders with warrants turn themselves in. All protesters leave within 24 hours. Elections in December, providing the country remains peaceful".

Sounds good enough.

The reds in CM are well known for killing poeple, beating up farmers and gays.

This has got to be a joke! yellows have stooped to new depths with this post - just read it again dear readers:

'The reds in CM are well known for killing poeple, beating up farmers and gays.'

Have you been keeping your appointments with your nice Doctor? funny how none of these 'killings', 'beatings of farmers and gays' have reached the newspapers or TV.

Edit: posters name added

Well I guess you dont read Chiang Mai news. They do kill people.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Shirt-Mu...rs-t354499.html

I noticed in today's national press that the court in Chiangmai has sentenced five men to 20 years in jail for the murder of the father of a key member of the yellow shirt People's Alliance for Democracy.

One of those convicted is the chief security guard of the red shirt Rak Chiang Mai 51 group, Niyom Lueangcharoen, who has jumped bail and was last seen on the stage of the current demonstration in Bangkok. I trust he will be apprehended very soon.

I think it is time ChiangMaiFun tries to get himself informed. Ever heard of CM51 for instance? They are NOT nice people.

I sent you a link regarding another very NOT nice person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

I posted this a few times now and no comments. Unlike yesterday when I mentioned Patpong and received 8 immediate flames for even suggesting that some Bangkok expats may be missing the scene.

Shows the priorities again on the yellow side of the fence.

> Also, for you 'reds are peaceloving protesters' bunch, note the title of the other thread going on here 'Reds rule out talks'

Sir, it's selective reporting / malicious propaganda by The Nation (yet again) which is getting quite tiresome. Reuters (yes) reported UDD as being very open to negotiations. This was also communicated directly from UDD channels.. Some news media don't seem to like a peaceful solution, I wonder why. :)

This is out there for everyone to see.. ( Well, everyone except people/places that staunchly stick to getting their 'information' from The Nation and other establishment mouthpieces.)

Sorry to rain on the nation bashing, but in this situation it's actually more a reflection of the disarray amongst the multiple red leaders with Jaran and Kwanchai saying they are open to discussion (in some form) on that Reuters article and Jatuporn et al saying no discussions under any situation in a bunch of other non-Nation media.

The conflicting news reports reflect conflicting messages given out by the different red leaders.

Too many chiefs for their dwindling numbers of their tribe.

today the prosecutors of PAD have deferred the case again to June 16.

They all hope and try to twist to get away for their serious crimes committed, be it red or yellow.

A sensible decision when you see that they are running the show again through CRES and their new found Army lakeys.

By passing Anupong is not a smart move by Mr Thuagsabun. Nor is sending legions of troops and police all round the country. Stretches them too much and gives them time to considder their loyalties and the space and time to act on them should they decide the time has come to change from neutral :):D to reds.

He is already a very discredited individual and everybody knows it. Everytime journalist and diplomats need info on these people, its all there. Not modified or censored by anybody, it's all there. He is actually banned and only stayed on because nobody argued with his assertion that as he resigned, they could not remove him from office. Only in Thailand.

What if the Army splits? Who are they going to send to bring them to heel?

Thaugsabum
Thaugsabum
Thaugsabum
Thaugsabum

As I've noticed numerous moderator comments to use proper names for people or the post gets deleted, your apparently intentional and repeated slights of Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (note proper spelling) falls outside that moderator-established parameter of proper names.

As I've noticed numerous moderator comments to use proper names for people or the post gets deleted, your apparently intentional and repeated slights of Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (note proper spelling) falls outside that moderator-established parameter of proper names.

I would prefer it if the mods didn't enforce this rule because it makes it easier to identify the children from the adults.

Can someone exlain why a person who has been kicked out of being an MP serves as current DPM?

today the prosecutors of PAD have deferred the case again to June 16.

They all hope and try to twist to get away for their serious crimes committed, be it red or yellow.

Yep, similarly I'm wondering if today there's any progress on the much earlier charges against the rioting red leaders from July 2007 that were posted about earlier?

Can someone exlain why a person who has been kicked out of being an MP serves as current DPM?

Seems the proper thing to do would be to start a new thread on that topic.

It's not all that unusual, by the way, but perhaps you could get people to think it was.

But i see your are not capable of doing so. You hide instead behind another attack. Impressive argument for someone who claims to know all details. :)

Why is the story "off limits"? In a previous entry you said it was big news and also discussed at various internet forums including this one.

The "screamed at people up here in a bar in Chiang Mai a couple of years ago " comment came from the other gossip teller jdinasia. The one that induced CMF to admit his knowledge gap and ask his question: missed that one... care to explain?

You saw that question, but did you care to explain, showed cooparation and helped out a fellow board member who asked a question? No, you kept your knowledge for yourself and chose confrontation instead, saw it as a cheap chance to score points against CMF and claimed that is hard to believe that CMF is really in Chiang Mai, because he had never heard of it and no clue what the jdinasia remark with the long line of meaningless dots "..............................." was about.

I merely stated that i can't blame CMF for his lack of knowledge of this a couple of years old gossip. And i repeated CMF request care to explain? in the hope that you or jdinasia provide some more details of the story and telling us what makes you believe the story so significant and important.

But you didn't care to explain, you just tried to make fun of me because i asked a question. Not nice.

Neither CMF nor I claimed that the story behind is not true or dismissed it as PAD propaganda or whatever. Both of us have shown their interest in the story and wanted to know more details.

It becomes more and more clear that you obviously don't know much more either. Maybe jdinasia or someone else have the details to it.

The offspring of Mr. Thaksin 'screaming something whatever at people in a bar/nightclub in Chiang Mai' is a promising teaser for a good pulp story. I want to know more.

"Knowing Thaksin as i do and the character of his son, i would only say that the story is believable."

That is the circular logic of a true believer. What you wanna believe becomes true for you and part your knowledge that you use to consider the story as believable.

Anyway, if i see in an internet forum someone asking a question and i think i can give an answer, be in the mood to reply and have the time for it, then i write down what i know.

And i see no reason to doubt if CMF is really in Chiang Mai or not or if that would be a point at all.