Red-Shirts To Intensify Pressure

webfact

Thaksin's only criteria is that any election takes place before the army reshuffle so that he can put his cronies into place and lock up all the institutions of state power.

His objective has not shifted since the present campaign began.

I read such arguments a couple of times, also from other members. Makes me wonder what their real agenda is.

Because one essential thing to make this 'evil' plan to work out is winning the election. :D

Basically you are saying Thaksin or those who are suspected to act only at his order, Thaksin proxies or Thaksins puppets would win an election with ease, hence representing the majority of Thai people and would in democratic terms legitimate to do such things as appointing the military heads.

Furthermore you are saying that the current government could be defeated in an election any time. Now they are just trying to buy time, cling to power using any means. Their only criteria is to install their own comrades in the military as a backup to be able to overthrow an democratically-elected government, because such a government would clearly not including them. :)

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've noticed numerous moderator comments to use proper names for people or the post gets deleted, your apparently intentional and repeated slights of Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (note proper spelling) falls outside that moderator-established parameter of proper names.

I would prefer it if the mods didn't enforce this rule because it makes it easier to identify the children from the adults.

Yes, it would identify your Forum Friend Ralph as utterly infantile, and identify me as slightly juvenile for associating him with the paranoid nutter from 'Wait Till Your Father Gets Home' (thus making him my only recipient of name-calling).

Funny how selective we can all be at times, isn't it?

Again in English please.

As I've noticed numerous moderator comments to use proper names for people or the post gets deleted, your apparently intentional and repeated slights of Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (note proper spelling) falls outside that moderator-established parameter of proper names.

I would prefer it if the mods didn't enforce this rule because it makes it easier to identify the children from the adults.

Yes, it would identify your Forum Friend Ralph as utterly infantile, and identify me as slightly juvenile for associating him with the paranoid nutter from 'Wait Till Your Father Gets Home' (thus making him my only recipient of name-calling).

Again in English please.

What don't you understand? Is it my grammar? You border on the comical at times on this, but I'm not into the spelling police stuff.

If there's something about my post that you don't understand, why don't you ask me politely for clarification? Oh, I forgot. It's the self-appointed TV vigilante mods in action. You have to run those Reds Under The Bed out of town, don't you?

Says Hitler & Pol Pot were more humane than Abhisit . Deaths here less, but killing more gruesome

Although I wouldn't go as far to say that, Abhisit has crossed the first line, and seems all to happy to cross a few more.

its clear you have a red head character Russell

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/04/...or-battery.html

'Survivor' villain Russell Hantz busted for battery

By Hanh Nguyen

"Survivor's" favorite love-to-hate villain has had a run-in with the law.

Russell Hantz -- he of the piercing eyes, pot belly and black soul -- was arrested in Lafayette, Louisiana Friday morning (April 23) for attacking someone at the Festival International de Louisiane, reports TMZ.

The castaway was partying during the five-day Francophone world music street fest when he allegedly "shoved" a fellow festivalgoer to the pavement.

Before you could say "Survivors, ready? Go!" he was cuffed and taken to a nearby jail where he was eventually released.

Again in English please.

What don't you understand? Is it my grammar? You border on the comical at times on this, but I'm not into the spelling police stuff.

If there's something about my post that you don't understand, why don't you ask me politely for clarification? Oh, I forgot. It's the self-appointed TV vigilante mods in action. You have to run those Reds Under The Bed out of town, don't you?

What don't i understand? Well if i'm honest pretty much all your ramblings. Perhaps though you could start by telling me who Ralph is and why he is my friend. Then you could tell me why you consider yourself only slightly juvenille - let other people judge that one. After that you could explain how it is i am being selective. Then tell me how i am being comical and what this has to do with the spelling police. Then quote where i have been impolite. I could go on but can't really be bothered.

Again in English please.

What don't i understand? Well if i'm honest pretty much all your ramblings. Perhaps though you could start by telling me who Ralph is and why he is my friend. Then you could tell me why you consider yourself only slightly juvenille - let other people judge that one. After that you could explain how it is i am being selective. Then tell me how i am being comical and what this has to do with the spelling police. Then quote where i have been impolite. I could go on but can't really be bothered.

Now you have gone from being impolite to being outright facetious. It's ok, I understand. It's a war on here in the eyes of the self-appointed TV vigilante mods.

. BTW, you are clearly bothered :)

Now you have gone from being impolite to being outright facetious. It's ok, I understand. It's a war on here in the eyes of the self-appointed TV vigilante mods.

. BTW, you are clearly bothered :)

Couldn't be less bothered actually. Seen it all before. Thanks for the clarification. Good job. :D

Thaksin proxies or Thaksins puppets would win an election with ease,

Besides truly deluded red shirts, nobody believes this. You only have to look at the last election results to know this won't be the case.

That was not my point.

Please don't rip a single line out of the context. You only wanna disrupt the discussion and score troll points.

Thaksin proxies or Thaksins puppets would win an election with ease,

Besides truly deluded red shirts, nobody believes this. You only have to look at the last election results to know this won't be the case.

That was not my point.

Who's was it then? You wrote it.

Please don't rip a single line out of the context. You only wanna disrupt the discussion and score troll points.

You can take it out or put it back in, doesn't change anything about the statement.

As for the troll thing, is it at all possible to leave name-calling out of this? It's a slippery slope that i won't be joining you on.

Abhisit has made a complete and utter fool of himself.

The danger is that his refusal to hold an election for fear of getting voted out may result in a split in the army with potentially disatrous consequences.

He is very stubborn , i would agree with you . It is sad , result may be civil war , and army mutinies . And the guy owes his job to a military coup to start with .

You got it. In order to cling on to his unelected position, Abhisit is willing to risk splitting the army, which could easily lead to a civil war.

And we should recall that Abhisit's original justification for his unelected grabbing of power was that two people had been killed in the street fighting. He promised reconciliation.

Now that over 20 people have died in exactly the same circumstances, we hear nothing from Abhisit as he cowers in his hole.

He is nothing more than a self-serving hypocrite.

all above is correct,the last 2 paragraphs are vague,I think the name has to be changed from Abchit,to Taksin,agered?

At 10:30 Sunday morning, a UDD mob is forming on Sukhumvit Soi 31, threatening the Prime Minister's residence. Estimated 800 protesters - and growing - with perhaps 100 Police (dark brown uniforms) in full riot gear - but Police are laughing and joking with protesters. Front-line protesters in Red, arriving truckloads of reinforcements with no Red shirts, but wearing red wristbands and headbands, and also carrying red flags.

Analysis: This is just more street theater by UDD, to keep the mob occupied, and to maintain the initiative - forcing the government to scramble to react.

That is the big failing of the government/Army - they are letting the UDD - at its leisure - select targets and venues for disruptive acts. The government then scrambles to react - too late - and when the government gets there, the UDD has already moved on to another target.

What the Army needs to do is take the initiative - and force the UDD to react to its moves. Example - send five Hueys overhead while three truckloads of soldiers slowly approach Rajaprasong, via Ploenchit. The UDD will have to panic - and spring into defense mode. The Army - without ever unloading from the trucks - just return to a holding area somewhere.

Rinse and repeat every six hours. The Reds will be on defense - and will not be taking their fight to other locations.

As it is, the UDD is in control - they drive the daily agenda. That is no good.

Edited by Indo-Siam

Abhisit has made a complete and utter fool of himself.

The danger is that his refusal to hold an election for fear of getting voted out may result in a split in the army with potentially disatrous consequences.

He is very stubborn , i would agree with you . It is sad , result may be civil war , and army mutinies . And the guy owes his job to a military coup to start with .

You got it. In order to cling on to his unelected position, Abhisit is willing to risk splitting the army, which could easily lead to a civil war.

And we should recall that Abhisit's original justification for his unelected grabbing of power was that two people had been killed in the street fighting. He promised reconciliation.

Now that over 20 people have died in exactly the same circumstances, we hear nothing from Abhisit as he cowers in his hole.

Well said people ! :D

But look at this video and if you don’t understand Thai, have someone watch with you to translate

Here Abhisit imploring the government at that time to do the responsible thing and RESIGN ! :)

Abhisit’s hypocrisy is sickening :D

At 10:30 Sunday morning, a UDD mob is forming on Sukhumvit Soi 31, threatening the Prime Minister's residence. Estimated 800 protesters - and growing - with perhaps 100 Police (dark brown uniforms) in full riot gear - but Police are laughing and joking with protesters. Front-line protesters in Red, arriving truckloads of reinforcements with no Red shirts, but wearing red wristbands and headbands, and also carrying red flags.

Analysis: This is just more street theater by UDD, to keep the mob occupied, and to maintain the initiative - forcing the government to scramble to react.

That is the big failing of the government/Army - they are letting the UDD - at its leisure - select targets and venues for disruptive acts. The government then scrambles to react - too late - and when the government gets there, the UDD has already moved on to another target.

What the Army needs to do is take the initiative - and force the UDD to react to its moves. Example - send five Hueys overhead while three truckloads of soldiers slowly approach Rajaprasong, via Ploenchit. The UDD will have to panic - and spring into defense mode. The Army - without ever unloading from the trucks - just return to a holding area somewhere.

Rinse and repeat every six hours. The Reds will be on defense - and will not be taking their fight to other locations.

There aren't half a lot of people on this forum who love playing war games - it's great fun to read and watch! if there was an online game of Risk, a game from my youth, there would be queues to get on the board! :)

But look at this video and if you don't understand Thai, have someone watch with you to translate

Here Abhisit imploring the government at that time to do the responsible thing and RESIGN ! :)

Abhisit's hypocrisy is sickening :D

So because at one stage in the past Abhisit has suggested a government be dissolved (advice that was ignored if you recall), that means that he is commited for the rest of his political career to dissolve his own government the moment a group takes to the streets and demands it under the threat of violence, and if he doesn't that makes him a hypocrite?! Nonsense.

It's also important to distinguish the fact that he was suggesting it, he wasn't demanding it with ultimatums. If all the reds were doing was suggesting things, that would be different. They are no better than the yellows in thinking it their right for a mob to force a country to follow their wishes. That's hypocrisy for you, and you seemingly embrace it.

There aren't half a lot of people on this forum who love playing war games - it's great fun to read and watch! if there was an online game of Risk, a game from my youth, there would be queues to get on the board! :)

My friend was there and told me about this soi 31 raid.

Gives the lie to them being hemmed in at Rajprashong, along with other propaganda about smaller numbers.

the arrogance of Abhisit seems to know no bounds (there has to be dissolution. an election soon which the democrats would clearly lose as with every election since around 2000), the current govt was cobbled togther through a judicial coup and the bribery intiumidation of the chidchob faction (they were kept locked up in a hotel to vote Abhisit into power) - the question is what end game the govt and the privy council are playing and whether there will be an election at all,

Edited by laphroaig

couple looking to visit Thailand

They go to the Thai Consular for a Visa

Sorry we no longer issue Thai Visas

But we have just got in a bunch of the latest visas for the "Red Republic under the Financial Benevolence of Thaksin''.

Please carry your passport at all times as you will need to show it to Border Police as you go through checkpoints, manned by stern-looking dudes clad in black with red scarfs.

See the ancient ways with Bamboo spears and other man made weapons on all the main roars

Watermelons are in plentiful supply and you will see the stacked up on most street corners

Welcome to Thailand

we we welcome you with thai riots bashing and name calling at regular intervals

Thailand has never been so inviting

the arrogance of Abhisit seems to know no bounds (there has to be dissolution. an election soon which the democrats would clearly lose as with every election since around 2000), the current govt was cobbled togther through a judicial coup and the bribery intiumidation of the chidchob faction (they were kept locked up in a hotel to vote Abhisit into power) - the question is what end game the govt and the privy council are playing and whether there will be an election at all,

Usual Thaksin apologist misrepresentation.

Not one of the Thaksin governments was formed without a cobbled together coalition.

There will be an election but hopefully without the green light for Thaksin's electoral corruption.

Bribery intimidation? Thaksin knows all about that.

Not that you would question anything your hero does.

But look at this video and if you don't understand Thai, have someone watch with you to translate

So because at one stage in the past Abhisit has suggested a government be dissolved (advice that was ignored if you recall), that means that he is commited for the rest of his political career to dissolve his own government the moment a group takes to the streets and demands it under the threat of violence, and if he doesn't that makes him a hypocrite?! Nonsense.

It's also important to distinguish the fact that he was suggesting it, he wasn't demanding it with ultimatums. If all the reds were doing was suggesting things, that would be different. They are no better than the yellows in thinking it their right for a mob to force a country to follow their wishes. That's hypocrisy for you, and you seemingly embrace it.

Not just the reds...........the fact that the Election Commission have also already ruled against him for alleged misuse of poll donations.

He should what Gen. Anupong said.......“If the issue cannot be resolved through political means, then Parliament dissolution seems to be a reasonable step,” :D

Usual Thaksin apologist misrepresentation.

Not one of the Thaksin governments was formed without a cobbled together coalition.

There will be an election but hopefully without the green light for Thaksin's electoral corruption.

Bribery intimidation? Thaksin knows all about that.

Not that you would question anything your hero does.

Thaksin can rot in hel_l for all I care. Please do not assume I support Thaksin. Read what was posted. No misrepresentation here. You do not challenge the facts but simply say that Thaksin did the same thing. Two corrupt leaderships.

I support true democracy. No more than that.

Edited by laphroaig

Not just the reds...........the fact that the Election Commission have also already ruled against him for alleged misuse of poll donations.

You were the one who brought the word hypocrisy into this, and now you are putting forward the argument that although the reds have continually mocked and questioned the ruling on the EC against the PPP party, now all of a sudden the EC must be listened to as they must surely be fair and just... hold on a sec, weren't you just saying something that about kangaroos.

Well anyway, the EC have simply made an advising at this stage. No ruling as yet made.

He should what Gen. Anupong said......."If the issue cannot be resolved through political means, then Parliament dissolution seems to be a reasonable step," :)

More hypocrisy. Abhisit gets advice from many respected quarters. Doesn't mean he has to act on that advice. Isn't it the reds who are fighting for a government free from influence of the military? Ah, but when the military says something they like, we must all listen?

Simon you may think to the contrary,

but I have no clue what you are talking about,

and I can see it is in English.

What is clear is your modifying Suthep's family name multiple times DOES fall out of forum rules.

And I had been wondering what you were not called on it by mods earlier.

I don't care from the rule, I prefer occasional 'fair use parody', if possible.

But thems the rules.

Abhisit has gone from being someone who dithered and fiddled to a disgrace! he will reap a bitter harvest eventually - and what about Anupong? he changes tune every press conference - now he sits with Abhisit and say the Army WILL go in - the other day he was saying they will NOT go in and they should dissolve parliament.

Hi All.

Watching the T.V lately it looks like a lot of protesters are changing from their Red attire, Can it be that all the Red Leaders will simply dissappear into the night and leave the ignorant rank and file floundering?.

phupaman.

My friend was there and told me about this soi 31 raid.

Gives the lie to them being hemmed in at Rajprashong, along with other propaganda about smaller numbers.

No it just means they have a few hundred roaming the city to cause problems.

Not all eggs on one basket. Some to cause diversionary attacks and harass the rear echelons etc.

Abhisit has gone from being someone who dithered and fiddled to a disgrace! he will reap a bitter harvest eventually - and what about Anupong? he changes tune every press conference - now he sits with Abhisit and say the Army WILL go in - the other day he was saying they will NOT go in and they should dissolve parliament.

And by doing so they keep the red leaders on the back foot,

confused about when or how something MIGHT happen,

and needing to keep their forces UP just in case....

but it keeps changing!!!! And so do their mood swings.

All Quiet On The Eastern Front

or is it?

Edited by animatic

And by doing so they keep the red leaders on the back foot,

confused about when or how something MIGHT happen,

and needing to keep their forces UP just in case....

but it keeps changing!!!! And so do their mood swings.

All Quiet On The Eastern Front

or is it?

ahhh it's all a 'cunning plan' eh? rather than just indecison and lack of focus? hmmmm hadn't thought of that :D