Bkk To Hua Hin

BigDamo

Hey guys, I have decided to try Hua Hin for a change on my next trip to Thailand and am wondering whats the best way to get from the airport and what price to pay?

If im off to Pattaya i jump in a cab and know what to pay but am unsure for Hua Hin

Please help?

Cheers

There are basically four ways to get to Hua Hin from the airport depending on what time you arrive in Bangkok and how much you want to pay.

1. Taxi all the way as stated above; between 2000 and 3000 baht, agree on a price ahead of time (and who pays for gas, if the price is over 2000 they should pay for their own gas but I've heard of drivers trying to add gas to the agreed upon price once in route.)

2. Taxi to the Southern bus terminal, bus to Hua Hin. Get a taxi at the airport at the official taxi stand (follow the taxi signs) and you will get a meter taxi which will cost no more than 200 baht to the bus terminal (it should only be about 150 but they sometimes add a 50 baht "airport surcharge" on top of the metered fare). The Bus to Hua Hin should be less that 200 baht (last time I took one it was 160 but that was a while ago). Bear in mind though (if you have a late arriving flight) that the buses stop leaving from Bangkok after 10:20 p.m. and start again at 4 a.m. so if you have one of those late arrivals when the buses aren't running, you may want to taxi it all the way or spend the first night in Bangkok. Between 4 a.m. and 10:20 p.m. there is a bus every 30 to 40 minutes. http://www.tourismhuahin.com/busses-huahin.php

3. Taxi to the Victory Monument and a van (minibus) to Hua Hin. This is about the same price as the bus, but faster (and scarier) and has even more stringent time constraints. The first van leaves Bangkok at 6 a.m. and the last one at 7 p.m. with one every 20 minutes or so between those times. They used to leave from an alleyway next to the Rachawitee Hospital but I have heard lately that they have moved to the other side of the monument roundabout and now leave from a shopping mall. If you use it just ask the taxi driver or taxi stand at the airport to take you to the Victory Monument Minibus to Hua Hin.

4. Taxi to the train station and a train to Hua Hin. This is the slowest method and unless you love riding on old rickety trains it is not recommended by many. Fares and schedule are here, Thailand Trains.

If you are going on a holiday and are not completely skinned for money, take a taxi all the way. Save the hassle of walking around with your luggage and bringing it on a bus.

I myself always use the minivans around Thailand, they are pretty much the same price as the bus, but alot more comfortable for people with longer legs. But I only use these when I'm bringing light luggage, if I go to the airport I can't be bothered with all the running around with a big suitcase.

I'm not sure about the taxi prices when you catch one outside the airport, but if you go to the official meter taxi counter outside the airport they will have a fixed price to Hua Hin and should not try to scam you. I know that the other way (Hua Hin -> Bangkok) you can get taxis for as low as 1600 baht to the airport.

Price 4 months ago outside airport was 2,300 included. They wanted 2,500 initially. Takes 2-3 hours with a short stop if wanted

I travel to and from BKK every week and 90% of taxi drivers will take 1500 baht + toll fees - for cars that run on gas (cant remember the precise name!)

I don't think you'll get this price from the airport though

Cheers

Just used the mini-bus over Songkran. Fast trip but seats weren't as comfortable as the bigger bus seats in my opinion. Avoid the very back seats if you can.

Indeed, there are certain seats that are bad. The busses go all the time, so if you don't get the seats you want in the van, just step out again and sit in the next one in line which at that time will be empty. It's well worth the 10 minute wait to have comfortable leg space for 3 hours.

We use always the same taxi driver located in Bkk, he have a huge taxi (blus/red coloured) where we can find space for our heavy luggages.

We always was asked for 2500 (including gas and express way toll fees) but we often tip for the very excellent service provided, expecially going back.

Usually he come here from Bangkok to pick up us (sometime he was around here for job) at around 2 pm, driving to Bkk where we usually stop for a last dinner (and meeting with mom in law) until 7 or 8 pm. He wait us outside and then he drive us to the airport, sometime bringing back mom in law in the city.

A very "customized" service tailored on our needs, who sometime is 8 hours long... for the same amount, more tip.

We are really happy about.

If u need the number, just ask...

I do this trip every month. I use the same guy who waits for me at the airport and he charges 2000 baht. I pay the tolls, which are always less than 100 baht.

Just go outside the terminal to the official "taxi desk" and get a taxi from there. Much easier and will avoid the hassle of having to locate your driver.

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised there aren't scheduled buses/vans from HH to Suvarnhbhumi airport, or are there some that I'm not aware of.?

I was surprised to find a van directly from Soi 80 to Pattaya/NaJomtien/Sattahip that dropped me off at the soi I wanted on Sukhumvit in Jomtien. A direct soi-to-soi service for what I needed. Now if I can find one to the airport...

To get the minivans from VM use Exit 2 off the BTS skytrain. It brings you down to the alleyway beside the mall where tickets are sold and the vans assemble. Avoid front seats because there is no crumple zone and avoid rearmost seats because you will feel every bump. Safest seats are in the very middle. If not available follow the advice and wait for the next van, sometimes only 5 mins if enough people are waiting.

Everybody put this number in your phone.

Reliable taxi 1,600 Baht including tolls from Bkk airport to Hua hin.

I have used them 3 times a year. Always waiting at the airport with my name on a card.

Based in HH. 0852651265. lady owner, speaks perfect English.

Or see www.stonebartaxi.com

Brother just got a taxi from Airport to Hua Hin, booked inside the airport at an official counter and it was 2,600 Baht.

Burgernev

A bit steep book from HH to airport ony 1500 baht.

I did the same trip recently, booked taxi in advance, very good service, turned up on time no problem. Was 2400 from BKK > HH, but if you got the return the total price was 3400. Got the guys email if you want it (good english, no problems). If you get one from the airport without booking then of course they will stripe you up a bit.

I have used them 3 times a year. Always waiting at the airport with my name on a card.

Website shows 1800 baht.

The company I use charge 1600 baht HH to BKK and 2000 baht BKK to HH inclusive of all tolls......so same average of 1800 that your company uses.

Website shows 1800 baht.

The company I use charge 1600 baht HH to BKK and 2000 baht BKK to HH inclusive of all tolls......so same average of 1800 that your company uses.

Yep,

Sorry CDNinKS, my error, Price should read 1,800 Baht including tolls. Most firms I have used that charge less than 1,800 doesn't usually include tolls so it usually averages the same give or take a few baht. Reliability is one of the key factors.

That seems fair also that if you use them from the airport to HH on arrival then use them when you return also and garner a 100 or 200 Baht discount.

I think the reason they charge 2000 BKK to HH is that they have to pay to park the car while they wait for my arrival as I believe there are the same toll charges both ways. Very happy with the service I get, always on time and good cars/vans and they don't drive like maniacs. I don't have the number with me as my wife always does the booking for me :)