Thai Denies Pay Disputes Responsible For Accidents

george

THAI denies pay disputes responsible for accidents

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) today issued a hot denial of suggestions that a lingering staff pay dispute was behind a recent string of minor accidents, insisting that its pilots, technicians and operational staff would never compromise passenger safety.

Speaking a fortnight in which the airline's planes have made three emergency landings, Pilot Officer Suraphol Isarangura Na Ayutthaya, head of the airline's emergency operations centre, said that airline's staff were professional and would not allow their personal disputes to diminish their responsibilities towards the passengers.

Instead, he insisted that the emergency landings, including the latest one in Zurich two days ago, were normal events that could occur with any airline, and that the pilots had made the emergency landings in order to avoid any risk.

He also stressed that the airline's maintenance procedures were higher than the required standards, and that thorough inspections were made of each plane before takeoff.

--TNA 2005-06-03

As if they'd admit it...as for me, I'll always choose an alternative to Thai if there is one.

I must say that Thai is my first choice from Copenhagen to Bangkok, I believe that Thai has a good safety standard and a good on board service, I'm a retired airline pilot with 35 years in the airline business.

Sure I have had tecnical problems during those years, but all airlines get tecnical problems and I don't understand why there is so much talk about Thai just becauce they have had a couple of minor problems.