Delete Internet Explorer?

krading

I am using Firefox as a browser but for some reason IE has started to open up with adverts from various sites, eg Winstufffree and 'ad.com'

The last program I downloaded was 'Driver Search' or 'Get Driver' or something like that, (had a dog icon on the task bar) as I was looking for the 'Realtek' program to run on this old computer. I installed it (Driver Search or Get Driver) but didn't use it. It started to bug me with reminders to run it so I deleted it but I'm still getting IE opening up with the ads. (I don't know if they have anything to do with each other)

I've run both anti virus programs (AVG and Eset) and found nothing.

If I remove Internet Explorer from the system will this solve the problem?

or

Should I just use the system restore point I set just before I downloaded the 'dog'?

^

do it!

Deleting Internet Explorer is not as straight forward as you might think, and it will not solve your malware issue completely anyway.

Only download software tools from reputable sources such as softpedia.com, filehippo.com and malware.com. As an experienced user better stay from everything that is not listed there.

welo

I wouldn't recommend delete or removing Internet Explorer;

just don't use it except for Windows Updates

About the only thing IE was update itself every week with Windows updates. Uninstalling it in favor of FF and Chrome was the best move I ever made, and Win7 has less annoying updates. Taking Win Defender out also sped things up as my AV does that job already. Both IE and WD are installed by default and not easy to remove.

Yeah, Malware-bytes is great!

Just to make sure you could check IE for installed addons that maybe Malwarebytes didn't pickup. Though usually Malwarebytes' is very reliable.

http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/ieaddons.htm

Do another scan in another couple of days (after updating Malwarebytes - in the free version you have to trigger that manually). If you caught a very recent malware Malwarebytes' will have it add the definition in one of the next updates..

welo