Whats Your Favourite Watering Hole In Phuket !

freebird32

Off Shore Bar, Patong, Nanai Road at the corner to Soi 2. Good drinks, reasonable prices, food also not too bad. Snooker and Darts. (and just 40 meters walk to my house :):D )

I drank in there for a bit, quite a while back, because it was a Chelsea pub. Do those 2 fellas still run it?

Not much of a barfly here but love going with my wife to Hard Rock at Marriott Courtyard. Nice live music, civilised crowd and good service.

Other than that, love simple places by the beach as seen in Nai Harn or Rawai.

Off Shore Bar, Patong, Nanai Road at the corner to Soi 2. Good drinks, reasonable prices, food also not too bad. Snooker and Darts. (and just 40 meters walk to my house :):D )

I drank in there for a bit, quite a while back, because it was a Chelsea pub. Do those 2 fellas still run it?

No. A Brit of Italian ancestry (nice guy by the name of Luigi) took over the place on the 21st March.

No. A Brit of Italian ancestry (nice guy by the name of Luigi) took over the place on the 21st March.

I was in there last night having a chat to Luigi.Yes he is a nice guy.

I usually drink around Rawai/Chalong area.

My bar of choice at the moment is the Bamboo bar.

Take a look in the Island Lager Bar in DJ Plaza , Patong. Often has celebrity visitors.....John Lowe, 3 times World Dart champion always in when holidaying in Phuket....Robbie William's dad, Jimmy White and a few others in for the last Celebrity Golf Tour....

Agree the Offshore Bar not a bad watering hole - only one pool table though (but a very good one). Quite a few good ones around Patong, but as CDM pointed out, there's little point going into it if the OP is living up north or down south of the island.

Agree the Offshore Bar not a bad watering hole - only one pool table though (but a very good one). Quite a few good ones around Patong, but as CDM pointed out, there's little point going into it if the OP is living up north or down south of the island.

I Live in Patong at the moment but am open to explore other parts of the island if there is a good pub on hand (so all parts of phuket included :D

I know the 'Offshore on Nanai' its usually empty to be honest and has zero atmosphere in my opinion. Gotta be something better than that i hope :)

There are a few others dotted along Nanai and also you can try Soi Sansabai (Lek Murphy's, Blarney Stone, et al), but most of them are usually next to empty during the daylight hours. The 55 (Ha Ha) Bar and Booty Bar at the

OTOP market are also quite popular with both expats and tourists (as with most places, the expats tend to start arriving from around sunset). (The owner of the 55 Bar is also a member of TV, although I haven't seen him on here for a while.)

The mini-mart in Kokmakham between Rawai and Nai Harn. I used to drink there about 5 or 6 years ago as Norman No-mates, now full of farang every evening who would like to keep it a secret ....... so don't tell anybody :)

Amongst others,Solution bar in Kata stands out for me,pool table,live sports,cold beers,and a couple of stunners working.Decent happy hour aswell 3-7,50 baht beers,100 baht spirits.

PST.

Rawai Beach Fishing Club (AJ's Bar & Bistro)

One of the best views on the island Happy Hour 1500-1900 Bombay & Tonic 90THB All Beers THB50 Great Selection of Grub Thai and Farang, Pool Competition every thursday night. A mixed Expat Crowd certainly not all Fishermen.

Also Islander Bar Rawai/Nai Harn Great Food and Great Hosts ususally go there for sport,

Edited by McFarang

There are a few others dotted along Nanai and also you can try Soi Sansabai (Lek Murphy's, Blarney Stone, et al), but most of them are usually next to empty during the daylight hours. The 55 (Ha Ha) Bar and Booty Bar at the

OTOP market are also quite popular with both expats and tourists (as with most places, the expats tend to start arriving from around sunset). (The owner of the 55 Bar is also a member of TV, although I haven't seen him on here for a while.)

Agree with 5!5! Bar..........we must know each other.

Gerd

FREEBIRD BAR.. RAWAI ,GOOD CROWD .GOOD HOST, CHEAP BEER, AND FREE BBQ EVERY FIDAY NIGHT'',,,POOL AND DARTS.. TRY IT...

Been there several times and still have no idea who the "host" is.

He can't be that good.

It's the super drunk little guy Jackie, you'll often see him where there are balloons.

Claims he played pro baseball in the U.S. for the St. Louis Cardinals though at times he'll say the Philadelphia Phillies. He still hasn't realized you can go online and query that fact, but it's o.k., let an old guy believe his imagination........

Great guy, at times a bit confused.

(Jackie if you see this I'm just giving you a ribbing) Cheers, GOM

It's the super drunk little guy Jackie, you'll often see him where there are balloons.

Claims he played pro baseball in the U.S. for the St. Louis Cardinals though at times he'll say the Philadelphia Phillies. He still hasn't realized you can go online and query that fact, but it's o.k., let an old guy believe his imagination........

As amusing as this post was, it's enough to put me off going there. There's something extremely tedious about bar owners wanting to be the center of attention all the time, as if the bar was their living room. You expect it in little beer bars but I wouldn't expect it in a decent place. I'm also highly allergic to bull shit. :)

As amusing as this post was, it's enough to put me off going there. There's something extremely tedious about bar owners wanting to be the center of attention all the time, as if the bar was their living room. You expect it in little beer bars but I wouldn't expect it in a decent place. I'm also highly allergic to bull shit. :)

From what I know, Jackie is not the owner as it's another bloke, but Jackie could very well be "the host" as there are baloons out front on the Friday free nights.

Back to topic, I like freedom in Rawai, but it used to be better when they had a good live band playing on the weekends.

For sure the post was nothing short of BS so WHOOHOO, I hope you get some cream for those allergenic hives.

No, the host of Freebird is an amiable Canadian, for sure not the center of attention.

So go have a drink there and check it out for yourself.