Whats Your Favourite Watering Hole In Phuket !

freebird32

Back to topic, I like freedom in Rawai, but it used to be better when they had a good live band playing on the weekends.

Watch the "un-authorised" bill padding at the Freedom. On two consecutive evenings recently I was "hit" by the thieving little trollope of a cashier. Shame really 'cos Charlie and Charlie Jr are top geezers and its a shame when some tart ruins their and the bar's reputation.

Question for steelepulse and thai gerd: Can you provide more details on why Roxanne's Bar was "torched"?

I think this is on topic since (presumably) this watering hole is frequented mostly by ex-pats.

And torching bars is not a common event in Phuket. Was there a news report in PG on this?

TN

Question for steelepulse and thai gerd: Can you provide more details on why Roxanne's Bar was "torched"?

I think this is on topic since (presumably) this watering hole is frequented mostly by ex-pats.

And torching bars is not a common event in Phuket. Was there a news report in PG on this?

TN

Yes there was a report in PG

I was talking to Da(owner ) after the fire and she just does not know why or who started it.

As usual there have been many rumours.

Personally I preferred the old Roxanne bar.The new one is too open and not seedy enough yet.

Amongst others,Solution bar in Kata stands out for me,pool table,live sports,cold beers,and a couple of stunners working.Decent happy hour aswell 3-7,50 baht beers,100 baht spirits.

PST.

Where about in Kata is the Solution bar??

On the road that runs from opposite the indoor market on Patak road,down to the bottom road where club med is,easy to find,and loads of parking.

PST.

Yes there was a report in PG

I was talking to Da(owner ) after the fire and she just does not know why or who started it.

As usual there have been many rumours.

Personally I preferred the old Roxanne bar.The new one is too open and not seedy enough yet.

The surviving ST room still holds it's charm!!!!

Agree with 5!5! Bar..........we must know each other.

Gerd

Met you very, very briefly at the Friendship Beach function (with your dog in tow). I'm back in three weeks, so I'll ask M to let me know when you're likely to be around at his bar.

Met you very, very briefly at the Friendship Beach function (with your dog in tow). I'm back in three weeks, so I'll ask M to let me know when you're likely to be around at his bar.

Thanks Ping!

Just went there early evening for a pit stop. M remembers you, Ive asked him :)

Looking forward to meet you in some weeks.

Gerd

TN

Have a look here:

http://phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?i...;Search=roxanne

FREEBIRD BAR.. RAWAI ,GOOD CROWD .GOOD HOST, CHEAP BEER, AND FREE BBQ EVERY FIDAY NIGHT'',,,POOL AND DARTS.. TRY IT...

Been there several times and still have no idea who the "host" is.

He can't be that good.

His name is CHRIS he is a canadian offshore worker has lived here for a long time with his THAI wife and kids,plays pool a lot with his customers. karen open your eyes...you are thexpert on PHUKET?

His name is CHRIS he is a canadian offshore worker has lived here for a long time with his THAI wife and kids,plays pool a lot with his customers. karen open your eyes...you are thexpert on PHUKET?

Oh......I'm sorry, I always thought it was the job of the host to make themselves known to their guests, so, thanks for correcting me.

Chalong Pier Beer Garden.

Good place to have sundowners and watch sport. Booze prices very reasonable, chicken stew at 50 Bt is unbeatable.

Alan, the host, performs his duties with grace and aplomb.

"grace and aplomb" while serving Chang drafts? Yeeeesh.......

• 2 weeks later...