Barry "the Fish" Melton Playing Friday In Chiang Mai

SpoliaOpima

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun SpoliaOpima,

Oh my, the haunting sixties will just never go fully ectoplamsic, and disappear: praise be :)

Berkeley, 1966: My human meat-package lived at 2442 Roosevelt: upstairs, lived Barry Melton. Heard the Fish many times in their earliest incarnation when they had the "jazz hipster" drummer with whom Country Joe had "open conflicts" with on stage.

Used to walk past the row of antique shops on Shattuck Avenue near Ashby : upstairs, in a warehouse, or whatever, Credence Clearwater, was practicing, and John Fogerty's voice just cut through the walls and came right down to the street at you.

Went to a party in Canyon, near Berkeley (no, not Topanga Canyon) : Barry, while stoned (of course) did a magnificent guitar improvisation that went on and on : everyone in the room was mesmerized (if not already chemically mesermized : my human, of course, already into his "yoga" thing, was only mesmerized by the music).

Those days were thick, and the textures oscillated, shimmered :D

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun SpoliaOpima,

Oh my, the haunting sixties will just never go fully ectoplamsic, and disappear: praise be :)

Berkeley, 1966: My human meat-package lived at 2442 Roosevelt: upstairs, lived Barry Melton. Heard the Fish many times in their earliest incarnation when they had the "jazz hipster" drummer with whom Country Joe had "open conflicts" with on stage.

Used to walk past the row of antique shops on Shattuck Avenue near Ashby : upstairs, in a warehouse, or whatever, Credence Clearwater, was practicing, and John Fogerty's voice just cut through the walls and came right down to the street at you.

Went to a party in Canyon, near Berkeley (no, not Topanga Canyon) : Barry, while stoned (of course) did a magnificent guitar improvisation that went on and on : everyone in the room was mesmerized (if not already chemically mesermized : my human, of course, already into his "yoga" thing, was only mesmerized by the music).

Those days were thick, and the textures oscillated, shimmered :D

best, ~o:37;

wow ! thanks for the very eloquant mind trip ! i am transported ! :D

The Fish is just passing through, back to the city of the summer of love next week after a final gig in Bkk at Ad Here.

Yet another reason to be pissed off at the Icelandic volcano---would have loved to have been able to catch the gig--still chilling in chilly UK.

And its one..two..three, what are we fighting for? Maybe he should indeed be reiterating that perennial existential question down in Bangkok to the Reds and Yellows to see if he can get a coherent answer.