Britons Close To Rioting At Thai Airport Hit By Red Shirt Mayhem

churchill

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tourists have spent there money,so why should the Thais give a s__t and they dont. :)

I have less sympathy for those that blow it before their holiday ends, then beg off other tourists..

If they are young enough then I tend to give the benifit of the doubt but otherwise just plain dumb. :D

By all means, give these whinging Poms the cost of their hotels, food and whatever other expenses they may incur on their extended vacation.....on the condition that they surrender their passports on arrival back in the UK and promise never to leave their homeland again. <deleted>.

Sibey -Some Brit upset you? Scared you in any way? A bitter Aussie again? We've got the Ashes does that upset you? You are the <deleted> my colonial cousin - Mullet wearing half wit.

By all means, give these whinging Poms the cost of their hotels, food and whatever other expenses they may incur on their extended vacation.....on the condition that they surrender their passports on arrival back in the UK and promise never to leave their homeland again. <deleted>.

As an ashamed Englishman myself I can just picture the scene :D

“It's absolutely crazy. None of the airlines seem to be getting together and offering seats. Nobody is giving anything away. They are just waiting for a seat to become available whenever and could not care less about the well being of their passengers,” said Ms Small.

Is Mrs Small(minded) actually saying she wants things given to her? Or that the airline is giving no clues away?

I'm English but I can't stand English people!! :)

why are people with no money going on vacation?

Me thinks it is a lot of single guys... :D

Probably few single guys ever leave LOS after a vacation with any $$ left

With that in mind to then find out your stuck at the airport would be like

getting stuck in Las Vegas with no $$$ :)

The problems have not reflected airline prices, at the moment i am coming out the end of May, and everything looks pricey at the moment. If anyone spots a good price around the 27th May, direct flight, please let me know

Sign up to Kayak daily email alerts, there will soon be quite a few cancellations creeping in and a few price rearrangements. However if its direct flights from the UK your looking at then simply not enough capacity to feed in any major price changes.

Good idea thank you

They are apparently putting the seat prices up to keep them free on the booking system so people can be moved into them when they ask.. According to BA anyway.

Rubbish reply as often here.

I am flying Etihad tonight.

Before the volcano eruption there were full fare business and economy seats available.

As from day one of reopening to Europe (not the UK though) my today's flight out of Bangkok to Abu Dhabi was fully sold out, so is the connecting flight to Brussels, thus you can't book/pay for a seat.

Seats available within a few days from departure are always at higher prices, laws of economy.

I'm curious to see whether I'll see Saigon like pushings tonight at check in.

Weepy sissy mary backpackers and aging tourists crying at counters and whining to staff shoving each other around like big overweight babies with pacifiers on the ground. I sure am glad these idiots are getting out of the country asap.

Perfect post

give them free flights and get them all out - and blacklist them so they cannot come back - good riddance all overly entitled tarts - go elsewhere

Whatever happened to the England I was raised by? Stiff upper lips, cool courage in the face of crushing odds, manners etc.? Did all the decent English people flee to Australia and North America?

All gone from Blighty I am afraid old chap.....stiff upper lip...replaced with quivering bottom lip...

I always hated having to leave wherever at the end of my vacation\holiday and I see these people whining to go back home when they have a valid excuse for staying longer and most of them are prob getting reimbursed for food and hotel <deleted> ?

I have a friend stuck at Swampy right now.

The 'hotel' provided by the airline is a mat on the ground floor at the airport, the food a pot of noodles.

It's like a refugee camp there so no need for the 'whining' remark when some people need to get back to familes and jobs.

The 'hotel' provided by the airline is a mat on the ground floor at the airport, the food a pot of noodles.

It's like a refugee camp

Well at least when they get home, they can say they had experienced real Thai culture then... :)

Edited by Soutpeel

The airlines have lost millions of dollars because of the economy and the volcano in Iceland. Is it really their responsibility to provide free food and housing to 1,000s of people due to circumstances that they do not control? :)

Its Iceland's responsibility, they allowed a volcano to erupt in their country, I would suggest all disgruntled passengers send all their claims/expenses to the Icelandic PM.... :D ........ :D

Its the 'not giving anything away' thing that gets me, like jsut because there is a little unreast in the country, the airlines have to satrt giving away flights and hotel rooms and all that.....

Shit, maybe I should get a prommisary note for a all expenses trip to paris or spain or the moon....

THEN, if i dont get it, ill start shoulting at the countersatff and whining like a little bitch!

F'n brits. no wonder the world gave you a reptatuion like the one you gotz.

I always hated having to leave wherever at the end of my vacation\holiday and I see these people whining to go back home when they have a valid excuse for staying longer and most of them are prob getting reimbursed for food and hotel <deleted> ?

It's like a refugee camp there so no need for the 'whining' remark when some people need to get back to familes and jobs.

What do they expect?

The Ritz?

They can always go to rachaprasong (sp) for some red food

The fact that that stranded travelers are acting like this is disgraceful.

They might as well be yelling "me me me me me ... I am the most impoartant person"

and "get me on that plane now, I am so so so important"

Yelling and cursing at airline staff will solve nada, they are doing the best they

can in a situation that they did not create.

Shows a true lack of class form the travelllers

THEN, if i dont get it, ill start shoulting at the countersatff and whining like a little bitch!

F'n brits. no wonder the world gave you a reptatuion like the one you gotz.

Nice to see they still can't speak English in the former colonies...What... :) ...give these heathens the gift of English and they still cant grasp the basic's...Tally Ho chaps...have another G&T...

Whatever happened to the England I was raised by? Stiff upper lips, cool courage in the face of crushing odds, manners etc.? Did all the decent English people flee to Australia and North America?

They certainly didnt come to Thailand!

But despite their anger at the airlines, most Britons praised airport staff for providing them with food, blankets — and even free Thai massage.

I think if it were at Heathrow and Thais are stranded without money, they will die without food and drink because nobody bloody cares...

Thank God TIT.

Edited by LuckyFive8888

But despite their anger at the airlines, most Britons praised airport staff for providing them with food, blankets — and even free Thai massage.

I think if it were at Heathrow and Thais is stranded without money, they will die without food and drink because nobody bloody cares...

Thank God TIT.

If this was Heathrow, they would be getting fined for vagrancy

What do they expect?

The Ritz?

They can always go to rachaprasong (sp) for some red food

The fact that that stranded travelers are acting like this is disgraceful.

They might as well be yelling "me me me me me ... I am the most impoartant person"

and "get me on that plane now, I am so so so important"

Yelling and cursing at airline staff will solve nada, they are doing the best they

can in a situation that they did not create.

Shows a true lack of class form the travelllers

nothing is good enough they are good at whinning.

Being stuck in Thailand is way better than London or New York.

I suppose it depends on your perspective, whats the chance of getting blown up by a hand grenade in London or New york...?

Ulysses explain your post?

I would imagine being 'stuck' in any airport is a pain, being 'stuck' anywhere with no funds is even a bigger pain.

I thought that airlines are obliged in the event of cancellation to provide food and lodgings, or is it only in the West that they provide this?

The West being London and NY

Edited by ThailandTommy

Any of you ever been left hung out to dry at an airport for a week with no news about what's going on, whether you will get a flight, whether you will be getting accommodation paid for by your airline, or fed even? Try doing that with your boss back home telling you that you run the risk of losing your job, you have to take this extra break as unpaid leave, you're already concerned about your finances because of the state of the economy but if you don't have a holiday you're likely to commit suicide, you're quickly runnning out of money and your kids are crying and wailing that they're bored every 5 minutes!

Get a f**ing grip!

The usual Thai way at the airport when there is no news to report isn't to round up the exasperated passengers and give them an update on exactly what's going on. No, it's to smile and giggle until the passenger gets so pissed off that he just leaves before really blowing his top! All of the airport websites i have checked, and it's been a lot (I work in the travel industry) say NOT to go to the airport but to call the airline to check. I have many stranded passengers in Thailand right now, not because of the protests as some posters seem to think, but because of the volcano. They are getting zero info, help or guidance from the airlines or airport. I am not suprised they are getting angry with the incompetence of the airlines representatives who's job it is to help.

Add to that that some airlines have offered seats for sale for as much as 90,000B then you begin to get a picture of just how frustrating it must be up there.

To any people stranded and need to be fairly near the airport - time wise and stay at a reasonable price and a pretty dam_n good value i recommend the Nasa Vegas hotel in Ramkampeng

It is minutes to the expressway and will take you straight to the airport in about 20 mins.

Its a really nice place and only 690 baht per night. If they had a pool this would def be classed as a 4 star hotel.

yes I agree I use that hotel every time I visit bkk and its only about 150B to the airport by taxi.