Bangkok Residents Warned Of Strong Gusts, Thunderstorms

webfact

Bangkokians warned of strong gusts, thunderstorms

BANGKOK -- The Meteorological Department has warned people in Bangkok and its vicinity of danger from strong gusts after detecting moderate thunderclouds casting over the area.

According to the Weather Forecast Bureau, the latest radar detection at 09.10 hrs showed a development of heavy thundershowers scattering in Bangkok and adjacent provinces of Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, and Pathum Thani. The expansion of the clouds is likely.

Meanwhile, a ridge of moderate high pressure, which has extended to Laos and the Northeast of Thailand, could induce summer thunderstorms. The North, the Northeast, and the Central are to expect isolated thundershowers, gusty wind, and hail during 23-26 April 2010.

People in the areas are warned of possible danger from severe weather.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-04-24

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Current weather in Bangkok, plus forecast:

http://weather.thaivisa.com/bangkok

Sorry, but I can't just resist asking the question... :D

Will the reds blame the government for the bad weather affecting them (and the rest of us - if they ever mention), and use that event to try to get more sympathy from the International community (poor them, soaked and wet innocent demonstrators peacefully kidnapping police & army troops while stealing their weapons)?

Sorry again, it's sarcastic, I just couldn't resist... :)

"The North, the Northeast, and the Central are to expect isolated thundershowers, gusty wind, and hail during 23-26 April 2010."

it's not only bangkokians, but half of the country.

hail in thailand, and especially at this time of year, is really rare and should not be as dangerous as in the cooler countries

After several years living in Thailand, I have never seen an accurate weather report. Projecting the weather is like projecting the political climate.

BTW, where is the live radar? Why not at least produce a site with some weather radar so we can see whether actually raining or not?...with intensities identified?

After several years living in Thailand, I have never seen an accurate weather report. Projecting the weather is like projecting the political climate.

BTW, where is the live radar? Why not at least produce a site with some weather radar so we can see whether actually raining or not?...with intensities identified?

It is here: http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/bma.php

Updated every 10 minutes ... however, the picture is sometime not updated properly. (like now: 17h08).