True Internet; Anyone Else Having Problems?

heybruce

Sorry to start another ISP thread, but I don't know how else to get this information. I got True internet seven or eight months ago and until recently I was very happy with it. About a week ago service started to go downhill, which I initially attributed to the usual "schools-out" slow-down, and finally became unusable two days ago. I called their help center and they sent two technicians today, who told me my signal was good and the problem was with my computer. I am suspicious, the True service is very hit or miss whether I use it wireless or hardline into my computer, while my back-up provider, AIS 3G, works fine, though much slower than True does when True works correctly.

Is there anyone with True internet, especially in the Nimmanhamin area, who has noticed a significant drop in service? I don't want to switch ISP's just to learn that it really is a computer problem, but I also don't want to pay for the current poor service if the problem is with True.

true consistently plays games with me and my roommates hearts as it will go bezerk at any time and then be good for a day then just be slow but working for 2 days, then go bezerk (on and off every 15 min). This is especially horrid as our favorite hobbies are online games and online poker.

Based on two replies, it seems like True has problems and doesn't want to admit to them. When I can access a speed test site, which can take several attempts, I'll typically get 400 kbs download and 200 kbs upload to Bangkok, and 200 kbs up/download across the Pacific. But a lot of times the connection is so bad I can't run the test. Looks like once again I need to look for another ISP.

I have True internet 8MB, I live in Huay Keaw, usually good, sometimes I try and stream live sport and that can be hit and miss. What has been annoying me recently is when I try and listen to Live radio esp Talksport.co.uk it keeps cutting off every 10mins!

The Ping and Download varies often, but think that is a general problem with the server at the other end and Thai internet is also behind that of other countries!

One thing is for sure, it's a shit load better than TOT/ T&TT!

Hey Bruce,

You describe my problem almost exactly. I'm in the Nimman area, just off Sirimankalajarn.

Only difference is that for me it's been going on for about two weeks. I have never had a problem in the year I've had True until now.

My wife has called True's customer service several times, and sometimes she's been on the phone with them for over 30 minutes. On two separate occasions they told her "Must be problem with your computer. But we send technician." Miraculously service always returns before the tech guy gets here, sometimes in a matter of minutes. In fact, the tecnician has never been here. Obviously the problem is not my computer. I doubt it's yours either.

The bigger problem is that, as BB above says, this is as good as it gets.

Well, I tried changing the DNS servers and got the same erratic results as before. The weird thing is that if I can get my internet radio going, it plays fine for hours, even though that requires a reasonable amount of data download. Yet while my radio plays on every other tab I try to open can't establish the connection. Obviously my problem is not downloading data, it's establishing the initial connection. Does anyone have an idea why that would be the case?

Could be the ping, which is the rate that information is exchanged at. I'm having same problems, speed test showed results to UK at an absolute joke! Def problem somewhere. I've rang them twice to complain, they said they'll run a check from my area in Huay Keaw. The more that complain, the quicker we'll get a solution.

It was terrible for five days, the True technicians said the problem was with my computer, now it's working fine without any repairs to my computer or True admitting they had a problem. Hopefully I'll have several months of reasonable service; it this thing happens regularly, as it did with TOT internet, I'll dump True also.

Could be the ping, which is the rate that information is exchanged at.

Ping is not the rate at which information is exchanged. It's firstly a guide to whether or not a host is up or down, secondly you get an idea of the responsiveness.

Edited by Toolz