Retirement Visa Bank Letter

I'm getting ready to extend my retirement visa next week but there as some logistical difficulties with getting my bank letter from HSBC in Bangkok. Ordinarily I would fly up to Bangkok and get the letter from HSBC and return to Phuket and go to Immigration the same day, that way the bank letter is dated the same day as the visa extension application - in the past I have had problems with Immigration when the letter was EMS'd to my home in Phuket but was viewed as being out of date!

Given that I don't really want to go to Bangkok whilst the current troubles exist (the HSBC office is pretty close to the heart of it all) I wonder if any other members have found a way to overcome this problem or is Immigration making allowances for this currently?

I was under the impression that you had to use your local immigration office and could not obtain or renew any visa outside the province where you live. So I'm not sure you can even renew your visa in Bangkok. Or do I have it wrong?

I was under the impression that you had to use your local immigration office and could not obtain or renew any visa outside the province where you live. So I'm not sure you can even renew your visa in Bangkok. Or do I have it wrong?
Re read your blog and u said you fly back to phuket to renew! Apologies!

I drove past the HSBC building yesterday and while its close to the problems, its not directly affected. I think if you call ahead you'd have few problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at HSBC last week too and concur seemed normal operation. The "problem area" is a bit further down the road at the crossroads of Rama IV Road and Silom Road. If you are concerned get off the MRT at Lumphini and is a few minutes walk to HSBC.

I was at the HSBC today, it was business as usual.

The only difference is the side door and main enterance doors are locked, you have to enter at the door on the far right hand side.

If you are driving and coming off the bridge on Rama 4 you can not use the car park by the normal enterance, I was instructed by security to drive round the block.

Found it easier to use the car park at the Dusit Thani hotel and walk back to the bank.

Plenty of army lining the street, the red camp opposite the Dusit Thani hotel was almost deserted.