Do You Know What Is Wrong Here?

I have a similar problem. :)

Remedy?

Fitne

You got my curiosity up about giving plants coffee. Seems some other sites suggest it but also indicate that it may not be so good for potted plants. Could you give some more details about this?

Looks like over watering to me.....Also they dont like sun but do like plenty of light

Really?

i thought if leaves went black that was over watering and if leaves went a light colour that was under watering.

And I've just watered them again last night, arhhhhhh.

Ok i will monitor them over the next couple of weeks.

thanks for your input guys.

onward and upward!

Norm

Well for my two bits worth!

They are in very small pots, & look ready to pot up into a larger pot (6"inch)... A combination of drying out & then over watering, & too much sun.... me thinks~!

Having said that, I have the same plant in (much larger) in a big pot, & doing the same thing... I think it was just getting too much sun, so I moved it to a shadier location & now seems happier.... early morning sun only...

In the garden centres you always see them in the areas covered with Shade clothe.... a good tell tale sign, they require shade~!

I would snipe off the leaves that have turned brown... When the plant gets larger, snipe out the centre tip & it will send out side shouts.... easy to make new plants, from the cuttings.

As for the coffee thing, I assume we are talking about the grounds & not pouring made coffee on the soil... ? :) A case of using the grounds in moderation ... go by the size of plant/pot.

I have a similar problem. :D

Remedy?

Fitne

You got my curiosity up about giving plants coffee. Seems some other sites suggest it but also indicate that it may not be so good for potted plants. Could you give some more details about this?

:D I was just joking. Years go I bought a tea made from senna seeds (brand Fitne), not knowing (yet) the full effect after a pot of that tea. It does make you loose lots of water ... from the back. :)

As for coffee I've learned that the used coffee grounds are good for plants. But then, I don't know that much about it.

Edited by Nienke

My wife and I have the same plants in our garden (pots) and they do really well. I actualy started the garden thing here as I have always had plants back home but soon realised that the same rules dont always apply here. So as it is her country, she knows more and therefore she has the last say and is very successful.

I wouldnt worry about overwatering in this country as long as you have good drainage. That seems to be the main problem we have. Even though we buy potting mix the quality is not good and I think contains a lot of the local clay so it hardens. She always goes around every week or so and breaks up the soil in the pots. Buffalo manure is very good as is broken up coconut husk mixed with the soil, and we rarely use commercial fertilizer. And never full sun...its just too hot. To give you an idea we replaced our shade cloth a few weeks ago not knowing the rateing of the old. We replaced it with 50% but had to put another 50% over the top as the garden was really suffering. Going great now.

The walls behind your plants look in very good condition, you havnt just painted have you? The fumes can have an effect too.