McDonalds Silom Center Bombed

webfact

Bombs Continue to Rock Silom

The glass walls and windows of Mc Donald's at Silom Center was damaged in what authorities believe to be either a bomb or gunfire attack while a ping pong bomb was thrown at Saladaeng intersection last night.

Just off Silom Road, the red-shirt protesters have erected more barricades in front of Chulalongkorn Hospital in fear of efforts by the government to disperse the anti-government red-shirt protesters.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is nothing sacred? What if Kwanchai had another Big Mac attack, he could have been killed. Stop with the bombs we all deserve a break today!

mcdonalds.jpg

Yellow arches on a red background, work harmoniously to bring us sustenance, I think we could all learn something from that.

Edited by Humungus

Was this done by the reds after they saw soldiers going in for a burger?

The hospital invasion happened because the reds saw a food delivery ... could be related.

Edited by whybother

Truly amazing to keep reading of bombs being thrown and detonated and such minimal injuries. Same goes for the government soldiers "exchanging hundreds of rounds" with Khmer soldiers at the border areas and not one being hit on either side. Is it the reporting being done that is incorrect or are the police and soldiers and demonstrators that inept with firearms and explosives? Makes one wonder just what is transpiring in the Land of Smiles........

Edited by luangtom

What I want to know is where they got that pingpong ball....

Well they are one 'pingpong ball'-throw away from Patpong.

exploding ping pong ball show, wow, what will they think of next. good to know thailand is still the hub for something.

Is nothing sacred? What if Kwanchai had another Big Mac attack, he could have been killed. Stop with the bombs we all deserve a break today!

That will teach you to eat MacCrap LOL

Yes, every cloud has a silver lining.......... I'm lovin it!!! :)

Yellow arches on a red background, work harmoniously to bring us sustenance, I think we could all learn something from that.

I like it! Macca's leading the world to bring peace throughout the banana republic! :)

Is this the same branch the red shirt 'leaders' like to eat at?

If so, disgruntled red angry at seeing his leader stuffing his face with a Big Mac? Red shirt propaganda? 'We would never bomb that as it's our favourite restaurant, it was a government attempt to kill us'.

Well they are one 'pingpong ball'-throw away from Patpong.

One clever girl. More clever that she didn't detonate it prematurely - ;-)

It is all in the sign... the name is Yellow, the background is Red - the trademark sign is Black :)

That's a good one.I'm agree with that.

They've invaded a hospital, messed with TV signals at Thaicom, blocked highways, stopped public transit, frightened sick women and children, threatened arson, committed terrorism, kidnapped people, taunted police, closed shopping malls, canceled Songkran, ruined the tourism industry, poured blood on the streets, stolen bodies, barricaded public roads, cost thousands of people their jobs, broken numerous laws, intimidated politicians, harassed citizens, fought the army, and threatened to send Thailand into a downward spiral of civil war that could tear the nation apart for decades to come.........

But McDonald's. You've gone too far, you've supersized our anger now!

Remember this guy ?

post-105727-1272684530_thumb.jpg

many ton's of war weapons and explosives disappeared from his army camp. He was arrested but than bailed

Even though he looks more like a crook, he is an army general who has his hands on tons of explosives and guns. It would be silly to assume he had no knowledge of such a huge amount of weapons and explosives disappearing from his barracks.

He also is evidently a decidng force behind the red mob as has been made clear with the re-erection of the barricades on his orders. It is save to assume that he is responsible for the terrorist activities of the red's and we may see the first "war-lord" here. he is probably the most dangerous of them all and has hundreds of followers among the soldiers he used to command and of course brainwash for his cause - little brain - easy to wash - just like he was brain washed by Thaksin or one of his henchmen

One should be prepared for a lot more bombings since this lovely chap has closed all doors behind him and now has no choice but to prevail, just as all the other leaders of the red mob. They are with their "backs against a wall" since to give up is not really an option anymore, things have gone way to far and long prison sentences would be a certainty.

We are now facing cornered animals who will do anything to succeed !

Truly amazing to keep reading of bombs being thrown and detonated and such minimal injuries. Same goes for the government soldiers "exchanging hundreds of rounds" with Khmer soldiers at the border areas and not one being hit on either side.

I once read that in the Viet Nam war, soldiers exchanged some 3,500 bullets for each hit. As for bombs, I have had some experiences in Afghanistan. Unless you're talking about a fairly massive explosion - say a car bomb with a few hundred pounds of HE - you pretty much have to plant a bomb in a place where it will do some damage. Just tossing it near a building is unlikely to do much more than shatter some windows.

You see you thought those shows in Pattaya were hartmless fun didnt you? yet really all the "girls" there are top agents who could fire off these ping pong balls at any time............................ you niave fool you :):D

Truly amazing to keep reading of bombs being thrown and detonated and such minimal injuries. Same goes for the government soldiers "exchanging hundreds of rounds" with Khmer soldiers at the border areas and not one being hit on either side.

I once read that in the Viet Nam war, soldiers exchanged some 3,500 bullets for each hit. As for bombs, I have had some experiences in Afghanistan. Unless you're talking about a fairly massive explosion - say a car bomb with a few hundred pounds of HE - you pretty much have to plant a bomb in a place where it will do some damage. Just tossing it near a building is unlikely to do much more than shatter some windows.

This is the main reason for suicide bombings - much more effective - apparently Maj-General Khattiya has not been able to convince anyone to do this yet