Getting From Pattaya To Phuket Or Krabi By Minibus

antaray

I can not help you, but if you think about renting your own Minibus go for one with 6 seats. I would not sit in a cramped Minibus for so many hours. Better take the Bus, think they still run (Pattaya to Bangkok and then from there to your final Destination), VIP Busses are so much nicer to sit in then the Minibus.

Its about 14 , hours if you keep going, It would be cheaper and better if you went by VIP night bus from Bangkok south, It leaves about 8 Pm, you can sleep through the night , it was about 900baht. Ring them and book to be certain you get a seat.

Agreed it's about 14 hours, I did that trip once in a single day and it was pretty tiring and I reckon I'm a fairly decent driver, trusting a Thai to keep his cool and stay awake over that sort of distance is not something I would want to do, no slur on Thai drivers intended, it's a long haul and the roads are loaded with tired and bad drivers. Anyway, the cost of renting a minivan and driver for that trip is likely to far exceed the cost of flying from Utapo to Phuket (via Samui or not) - only disadvantage is that you will miss the scenery in Krabi province but you could always see that separately.