Long Stay

pepsi666

For the budget end, Jomtien Beach Condominium, two pools, two gyms, club house, 24 hr security. by the way View Talay Villas is nice if you want a villa with it's private pool and have the dosh.

View Talay Condominiums 1 & 2 are also good for the budget minded but some distance from the beach.

I thought that View Talay Condominiums were timeshare

I have stayed there when they were TS, last place I would want to stay at, the rooms were filthy, the service abysmal and the bloke who was on duty, or the manager a pig, he was english, and he was so lucky I never hit him with the snide remarks, and swearing,

So no View Talay Condominiums are NOT an option, even if they were free

Price, Location????????????

If money no problem I'd try View Talay Villas in Jomtien, nice place average price around 60,000 Baht a month, nice villas :)

you may be required to gain more info. on a VISA

Hoping to get a 6 month visa

Not really sure of location, just as long as its near amenities, shops, bars, possibly beach, not really bothered about being near ex pats (can take or leave them, but I'm no snob :D )

Just somewhere to spend those chilly months in the UK :)

View Talay 2 is only a 5 minute stroll to the beach.It is not Far

It's a slogan in all advertising about VT2,

but to do it in 5 minutes you will have to RUN, and fast :)

To WALK to the beach from VT2 will take between 10 and 15 minutes...

View Talay 2 is only a 5 minute stroll to the beach.It is not Far

It's a slogan in all advertising about VT2,

but to do it in 5 minutes you will have to RUN, and fast :)

To WALK to the beach from VT2 will take between 10 and 15 minutes...

And its a dusty and dirty way down to the beach at the moment, looks like they may start to work at that part of the Tappraya Rd now, at least they are digging.

And the reasons you stated above don't make much sense, they are not timeshares and i have no idea how there was a farang manager there.The Management is Thai, if the room was dirty then why did you stay there ?.Just because you stayed in a dirty room does not mean all rooms there are Dirty.Here is some pics of one of my rooms in Vt2,Look dirty to you? I have a 2 bedroom in The Royal Cliff also, very clean and should suit you.It is 75 Thousand Baht per month.Pm me if you would like some pictures :) Also the room below is 2 Bedroom 148 sqm.25 thousand Baht per month for one Year Contract if anyone is interested :D

1272873541067642100.jpg

1272873857038767400.jpg

Edited by SUPERIOR

And the reasons you stated above don't make muh sense, they are not timeshares and i have no idea how there was a farang manager there.Just because you stayed in a dirty room does not mean all rooms there are Dirty.Here is some pics of one of my rooms in Vt2,Look dirty to you? .

1272873541067642100.jpg

1272873857038767400.jpg

Yep, very nice, but View Talay isnt an option

It may not be timeshare now, but I ended up in one, and its no point in argueing, I know where I stayed, but regardless, I'm not interested in any thing View Talay related

That is Fair enough Pepsi, There are Thousand of condos available now so you won't have any problem finding one. Can i suggest this website to you www.rethai.com and

www.jomtien-property.com Cheers

Price, Location????????????

If money no problem I'd try View Talay Villas in Jomtien, nice place average price around 60,000 Baht a month, nice villas :D

You honestly think View Talay Villas are nice???? Oh my.... :)

Sorry, I should have written, If you want to stay in Jomtien, View Talay VILLAS are nice, However there are places that are nicer.

With your font of knowledge I'm sure you could name several nice estates around Jomtien, instead of making some snide remark :D

:D I had to check in a tenant of mine in Building A This Morning.

It took me 6 Mins and 11 seconds to walk to the beach.

If i ran i would of been there in 2 Mins.

Mind you i'm in shape :D

According to Google Earth the shorter distance from VT2A to the beach is 0.75 km (~0.5 mile)

"Walking" 0.75 km in 6'11" imply a speed of 7.3 km/h :)

So yes you are in a very good shape to walk that speed :D

With the current 33°C temperature, most people here walk no faster the 4 km/h

and then would need more like 12 minutes to go to the beach. :D

Google Map :) I wouldnt take much Notice of that. So for the people taking there time you say it would take 12 Mins.That is not a long walk .Another poster said that View Talay 2 was "some distance to the beach"

Not Really,if you have a Motorbike it will take 1 Minute :D

What about Renting a House on the Darkside Pepsi, some Good deals around.

:) I had to check in a tenant of mine in Building A This Morning. It took me 6 Mins and 11 seconds to walk to the beach.If i ran i would of been there in 2 Mins.

Mind you i'm in shape :D

And it is down hill... :D

Just for the record I think a number of people are getting muddled facts:

View Talay Villas is a big complex of luxury Villas off Jomtien Second Road opposite Jomtien Soi 5, built by Mr Pringle and Co (as in Ocean One) who also built the four 7 story blocks known as View Talay Residencies 1 to 4 in front of View Talay Villas.

View Talay Holiday Resort or View Talay Villas Holiday Resort, also trading as Eastern Seaboard Property Management Co Ltd, Worldwide Holiday Solutions, is indeed" Time Crime Share consisting of a about ten villas also studio, one and two bedroom apartments in a two story blockhouse located on the View Talay Villas site, the description of one of the mangers posted by Pepsi leaves me with doubt as to who he is referring to and using google you should easily find a more colourful description of his antics and temperament, also covered on TV a few years ago.

View Talay Condominiums have nothing what so ever to do with the above, these are tower blocks built or in the process of being built all over Jomtien and Pattaya.

the description of one of the mangers posted by Pepsi leaves me with doubt as to who he is referring to and using google you should easily find a more colourful description of his antics and temperament, also covered on TV a few years ago.

Thanks for that information, I tried a googlre for the above, couldnt find anything can you be a bit more specific, please

The 'darkside' is an option I hadnt considered, how do I get any further info ?

With houses on the dark side Alan Bolton one of the sponsors of this website has many houses listed, although probably the best way is to ride around looking for signs on houses, you will probably get a better deal that way. Having your own transport will make your life a bit easier if you do decide to live on the Darkside.