Thai Protesters Accept Pm Abhisit Election Roadmap, but refuse to go home

george

All quiet. Thought so. Some people here are big talking trash but when it comes to actually showing a credible source to back up their ridiculous statements, they suddenly go quiet.

not me boy

here you go.........

That's an old video and if you could understand Thai, you would know that this was money paid to drivers for the gas to drive to Bangkok. It was reported widely even in Thai news. Is that all you've got? :)

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thai Red Shirts accept roadmap but refuse to go home "

Q. I wonder why they don't want to go home?

A. They have a better standard of living in Bangkok than on their farms

If they return home now they may have to work for a living instead of living off Thaksins handouts

They know it is rice planting season and that is hard work

REDS THE PARTY IS OVER !! GO HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILIES

What a ridiculous post

Face it -- the Reds aren't getting ANYTHING that they asked for originally and yet they will gratefully take the offer and go home OR they will actually face what they have really wanted (and feared) from the beginning. A real crackdown.

Oh really? Before the red shirt protests, Abhisit said he would finish his term until the end of 2011 and then call for new elections. What we have now is a potential House dissolution in September 2010 and an election by November 2011, more than 1 year less than Abhisit's full term. You call that "aren't getting anything"?

What an ignorant way to live your life :)

Actually he's moved the elections up to the time most people believe the global economy will turn south again. That's pretty smart if you ask me.

There is a small possibility that the Red leaders are just a tiny bit reserved of taking anything that come from the government as truth. What legal consequence would it have for Abhisit if he start postponing the dissolution? None. He and the coalition control the majority in parliament, and thats it.

Of course the red leaders can go home, and watch the government launch a propaganda war when we get closer to september. There WILL be "incidents" when the army reshuffle is completed, enough for Mark to put on his most sincere face on all NBT stations interrupting whatever soap might be playing and announce that due to national unrest there will be no new elections. Then we're back to march and red shirts on the streets again.

This was abundantly clear to me from the moment is was announced and yet when the reds started by seeking assurances, the government supporters immediately started with cries of " why dont they just go home " and " the reds are not being serious ". :)

Apart from that the PM may not even have the proper authority to promise all this yet so its understandable the reds are treading carefully :-

NNT 2010-05-05

"BANGKOK (NNT) -- The ruling Democrat Party has admitted disunity among its own party members in agreement towards the reconciliation roadmap proposed by Prime Minister and Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Spokesperson to the Democrat Party Leader, Thepthai Senpong, stated that not all party members agree with the reconciliation roadmap. "

Face it -- the Reds aren't getting ANYTHING that they asked for originally and yet they will gratefully take the offer and go home OR they will actually face what they have really wanted (and feared) from the beginning. A real crackdown.

They are not getting an immediate dissolution. Abhisit isn't leaving he country. The people that committed serious crimes will not get a blanket amnesty.

The government will see to the annual budget, the military reshuffle, and the charter reform.

haha they have won the fight for an election this year - clear winners! good on them!

"Mrs. Norcan"? Would that be the wife of "Norcan" (you) who has 6 anonymous posts on this forum? I asked for a credible source, not for someone signing up for a new forum username and posting more rumors.

You need to open your mind sir.

I have lived here 7 years and operate a business that is being badly affected by Fort Redneck, yet not once have I complained, bitched or moaned as there is simply nothing I can do about it. In fact, part of me feels privileged to be witnessing this political drama.

I am sorry you think my wife is a liar, and I forgive you for thinking that as you are entitled to your opinion.

I just wanted to help with the incessant arguing on here and hopefully provide something other than conjecture and rumour.

I am also sorry I don't have as many posts on here that you obviously feel are necessary to be useful for this discussion.

Oh really? Before the red shirt protests, Abhisit said he would finish his term until the end of 2011 and then call for new elections. What we have now is a potential House dissolution in September 2010 and an election by November 2011, more than 1 year less than Abhisit's full term. You call that "aren't getting anything"?

yes yes yes yes Snoopy has it right - don't be so silly - they have WON the election this year - the posters on here (of the canary variety) said weeks ago it would never happen - you lost - get used to it

All quiet. Thought so. Some people here are big talking trash but when it comes to actually showing a credible source to back up their ridiculous statements, they suddenly go quiet.

Please see post #353 above.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Man-f...4-30128346.html

Strange that our newest returnee doesn't know about this .... oh wait ... :)

The man said 18 of 25 men from Phichit had their ID cards seized by some rally organisers.

It is common knowledge up here, you surrender your ID and check in daily to document that you are at the protest site.

not me boy

here you go.........

That's an old video and if you could understand Thai, you would know that this was money paid to drivers for the gas to drive to Bangkok. It was reported widely even in Thai news. Is that all you've got? :)

not so old, it was taken during this conflict in the last two months

i do understand some Thai but i do know what i see without wearing red tinted glasses:

i see handing over of ID Cards by reds to reds, i see money being given out by reds to reds

a picture speaks a thousand words and only a dyed in the wool red head could deny whats happening here

More trash. Even respected journalists like Dan Rivers from CNN have yesterday said on live TV from Bangkok that it's highly doubtful that the protesters are here for money. Wake up.

Sorry but the local people(that's us) know better then any foreign journalist. Deny it all you want but even you know a lot of them are being paid.

Red propagandists should know when to stop.

they can't stop Jing, they are earning a living from it

yes yes yes yes Snoopy has it right - don't be so silly - they have WON the election this year - the posters on here (of the canary variety) said weeks ago it would never happen - you lost - get used to it

Huh? I haven't lost anything.

I am not unhappy to see early elections but that is NOT what the reds were demanding. They were demanding IMMEDIATE elections and then the Abhisit leave the country :D

DS has been in my ignore list for ages --- but Abhisit has said from day one that dissolving the house would be considered. To suggest otherwise just isn't true at all.

It seems very clear to me. Abhisit has given the red shirts very favourable terms. He agrees to their request to dissolve the house and have elections in November. He knows that there is a good chance they won't accept this. Since he gives them a very reasonable and face saving way out, if they turn it down, he can then use force to remove them.

Since so many bad things have been done by the red shirts, and there is no way the government is going to give complete amnesty to all the things that have been done, there is no other path the reds can take but to continue. Thus the army will need to take action against them and take them out. Its a downward spiral now. No face saving way out for the reds now.

Please see post #353 above.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Man-f...4-30128346.html

Strange that our newest returnee doesn't know about this .... oh wait ... :D

The man said 18 of 25 men from Phichit had their ID cards seized by some rally organisers.

It is common knowledge up here, you surrender your ID and check in daily to document that you are at the protest site.

That "man from Pichit" story ...I can't believe you fell for that. :D That story is clearly fabricated by the Democrats (who are the ones telling it) and it was picked up right away by TheNation. Obviously. :) Where is that "man from Pichit"? Let's see him. Oh right, he went back to the rally ground, after giving his name to the Democrat party. You're so gullible it's almost unbelievable. :D

I am not unhappy to see early elections but that is NOT what the reds were demanding. They were demanding IMMEDIATE elections and then the Abhisit leave the country :D

DS has been in my ignore list for ages --- but Abhisit has said from day one that dissolving the house would be considered. To suggest otherwise just isn't true at all.

Welll...ok... I grant you there was an unreasonable demand for 'immediate' - that was never going to happen - but Abhisit and many posters were saying (I can't be bothered to re-read and look up the posts) that he should stay full term (you said that I believe?) full term is another 2 years - so it's not unreasonable to suggest that the reds have indeed 'won' that HUGE concession? not everything, but that part.

The reds from this part of the country DID indeed have to hand over their ID's and check in daily to have their attendance recorded in order to get paid.

Please provide a credible source or stop spreading lies.

How can you say you are right and the others are wrong? What is your proof of that?

deadsnotty said:

That "man from Pichit" story ...I can't believe you fell for that. :D That story is clearly fabricated by the Democrats (who are the ones telling it) and it was picked up right away by TheNation. Obviously. :) Where is that "man from Pichit"? Let's see him. Oh right, he went back to the rally ground, after giving his name to the Democrat party. You're so gullible it's almost unbelievable. :D

thanks for the red insight into the handling of bad red related press reports

keep singing the usual red mantra

deny, deny, deny, deny, deny ...........

A potential block in the road map?

"Democrat Party Spokesperson, MD Buranaj Smutharaks today said that the party would be keen to take part in the reconciliatory process to help end the current political conflicts. He also believed that Mr Abhisit already had an exact date for House Dissolution in mind which may fall during 14-30 September 2010. This would be after the allocation of the national budget and the appointment and transfers of high ranking officials have been completed, in order for the new election, scheduled on 14 November, to take place in accordance with the constitutional law. The Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) would also be asked to cooperate in order to ensure transparency of the election, he added."

More trash. Even respected journalists like Dan Rivers from CNN have yesterday said on live TV from Bangkok that it's highly doubtful that the protesters are here for money. Wake up.

Sorry but the local people(that's us) know better then any foreign journalist. Deny it all you want but even you know a lot of them are being paid.

Red propagandists should know when to stop.

they can't stop Jing, they are earning a living from it

and, pray tell, what does that mean? earn a living from it? I can assure you I am an individual here and in no one's pay - I have no connection with the reds at all - I am just debating with fellow ex-pats and I take it all in good humour - the ranter and banter - getting paid would be against my visa rules! :)

The reds from this part of the country DID indeed have to hand over their ID's and check in daily to have their attendance recorded in order to get paid.

How can you say you are right and the others are wrong? What is your proof of that?

If you make accusations in the severity of that and you're half decent, at least provide a link to a credible source.

Oh the red shirts! Show them something that isn't in their favor, the say it's fake. Show them a movie of their 'supporters' getting paid off, they say they're all 'bus drivers'. Such amusing people!

A potential block in the road map?

"Democrat Party Spokesperson, MD Buranaj Smutharaks today said that the party would be keen to take part in the reconciliatory process to help end the current political conflicts. He also believed that Mr Abhisit already had an exact date for House Dissolution in mind which may fall during 14-30 September 2010. This would be after the allocation of the national budget and the appointment and transfers of high ranking officials have been completed, in order for the new election, scheduled on 14 November, to take place in accordance with the constitutional law. The Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) would also be asked to cooperate in order to ensure transparency of the election, he added."

Thank you for going back on-topic :) That's one of the big "IFs" in this roadmap. What if the Democrats fail to achieve those goals? That would be an excuse to hold no elections? It's quite clear that this is why the red shirt leaders want the dates confirmed with the Election Commission before going home.

Oh the red shirts! Show them something that isn't in their favor, the say it's fake. Show them a movie of their 'supporters' getting paid off, they say they're all 'bus drivers'. Such amusing people!

If you could read and watch Thai news, not just TheNation and the like, you would know that they are indeed "truck drivers", not "bus drivers".

If you make accusations in the severity of that and you're half decent, at least provide a link to a credible source.

If you say other people are liars, then you have to back up your stand with something. You can´t just say they must back up what they say. If you in your first post had done that, it would been an other question, but you start to say they talk trash

Welll...ok... I grant you there was an unreasonable demand for 'immediate' - that was never going to happen - but Abhisit and many posters were saying (I can't be bothered to re-read and look up the posts) that he should stay full term (you said that I believe?) full term is another 2 years - so it's not unreasonable to suggest that the reds have indeed 'won' that HUGE concession? not everything, but that part.

No, that's not true. The "concession" is m/l what Abhisit himself offered at the negotiations the Red Shirts walked out on. The "concession" is the same as coalition partners have been talking about since day one. The Reds found this concession totally unacceptable until such times as they had the opportunity to murder many people, create general mayhem and economic deprivation, deligitimise their cause and lose any support from the general public which that might have previously garnered. They're eating the PM's cooking.

i provided a credible source for you and you say its lies

in the video, taken on March 10th 2010 and shown on TV many times, they must have been fake reds handing over fake ID's to other fake reds and collecting fake money from even more fake reds

it does not matter what the money is to be used for, gas, food or whores (probably all three)

its still money being given by reds to reds to gather and protest in Bangkok

that makes the recipents bought and paid for in my book

as to being paid for driving and gas money, i think its pretty unlikely, some of the recipients of the money could have been taught to drive by Henry Ford.......

i provided a credible source for you and you say its lies

in the video, taken on March 10th 2010 and shown on TV many times, they must have been fake reds handing over fake ID's to other fake reds and collecting fake money from even more fake reds

it does not matter what the money is to be used for, gas, food or whores (probably all three)

its still money being given by reds to reds to gather and protest in Bangkok

that makes the recipents bought and paid for in my book

as to being paid for driving and gas money, i think its pretty unlikely, some of the recipients of the money could have been taught to drive by Henry Ford.......

If you could read and watch Thai news, not just TheNation and the like, you would know that they are indeed "truck drivers", not "bus drivers".

Dead, think fast, what is ratchathamanoon? You have 60 seconds.

If you say other people are liars, then you have to back up your stand with something. You can´t just say they must back up what they say. If you in your first post had done that, it would been an other question, but you start to say they talk trash

Sorry, let me correct you. If someone says that someone else is being paid money to protest, I'm not the one that needs to prove them wrong. They need to back up that big statement with credible evidence and then I'll accept it. But a video that was already explained in Thai news as truck drivers getting money for the gas to drive protesters to Bangkok is not evidence of the protesters receiving money, I'm sorry. Anyone that understands Thai knows that, and those who don't probably don't understand Thai politics anyways.

I'm just asking to see proof from a credible source. Maybe I'm asking too much? Just let me know if I should start believe in the Tooth Fairy too without seeing proof.

now then wheres that tooth?

Quite so, and then there's the one where Taksin accidentally admits to giving money to the redshirts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EmuIA4PbI...feature=related

The expression on his face is, priceless. :)

No, that's not true. The "concession" is m/l what Abhisit himself offered at the negotiations the Red Shirts walked out on. The "concession" is the same as coalition partners have been talking about since day one. The Reds found this concession totally unacceptable until such times as they had the opportunity to murder many people, create general mayhem and economic deprivation, deligitimise their cause and lose any support from the general public which that might have previously garnered. They're eating the PM's cooking.

This is the first time he has actually given a DATE instead of jibbering on about 'this year' IF things are ok etc.

EDIT: PS I hate this damned

thing - I have tried everything and still can't get it to do it correctly - it says I am quoting to many blocks - so i delete 'pairs' but it doesn't work
Edited by PeaceBlondie
Fixed quotes. PB