Any Health Insurance Coverage For Farang Spouse Of Thai Civil Servant?

avvocato

I am married to a Thai citizen. She is a public school teacher in Khon Kaen province. I (a foreigner) will retire this year and move permanently to our house in Thailand. My wife will continue to work as a teacher for several years and then retire. I am currently 62 years old.

Here are my questions:

Will I be covered to any extent by the government health insurance that covers her and her family (she keeps insisting her daughter and parents are covered by her insurance plan)?

After my wife retires will she (and I, if the answer to 1 is yes) still be covered? She is currently 48 years old and will retire "early".

Where can I read about the health insurance coverage that public school teachers have?

What are the health coverages (limits etc) my wife actually has under the plan that covers teachers (and their families)? Will that change after her retirement?

What factor will my age be in all this regarding coverages?

I am married to a Thai University lecturer. She is what the Thais call a Government officer (Civil servant in UK)

I have free medical and dental cover as a result of being married to her.

She enabled the cover through the personnel section of her University so I imagine your wife can do the same through her school. I have a reference number and if I need Medical or dental work i simply quote that number.

Sorry i cannot tell you what happens after retirement. My wife is out of the country until 30 May and if you still need to know more I can ask her on her return

I am married to a Thai University lecturer. She is what the Thais call a Government officer (Civil servant in UK)

I have free medical and dental cover as a result of being married to her.

She enabled the cover through the personnel section of her University so I imagine your wife can do the same through her school. I have a reference number and if I need Medical or dental work i simply quote that number.

Thanks wjhall.

Do you know if this is the Civil Servant Medical Benefit Scheme?

Yup, told by my Thai girlfriend government teacher that all I had to do to get free health-treatment was marry her ! Oh that's alright then.

She is a sharp lady so that bit is gotta be correct as said above, but as to the finer points, about after retirement etc - I've tried researching

that in English and found it tough to get answers - if I do find something, I'll get back here. But really, the fastest way to find out this kind of

stuff is to go straight to a senior civil servant who will for personal reasons already know it all - like an elderly Headmaster maybe !

Yes, it is the Civil Servant Medical Benefit Scheme, and Googling that title produces a whole bunch of detailed studies and reports, but I still couldn't find the answer to the important post-retirement question - it's back to the helpful Headmaster or Hospital Manager for me !

Best of luck.

Edited by crazydrummerpauly