J-sat Options!

bangkok blue

.... Once 31st May comes we better be cracking on if we want decent WC2010, cricket and Rugby coverage....

Saw this promo from J-Sat

J-Sat (Astro)

One thing I don't understand is that Supersport S.A are moving from C-Band to Ku- Band, correct?

Yet J-Sat state Astro is on KU-Band, yet it can still be received here!

Anyone care to explain? Or have I got my wires crossed!

One thing I don't understand is that Supersport S.A are moving from C-Band to Ku- Band, correct?

Supersports SA are on a satellite hovering over Africa.

C-band simply means, if you can see the satellite (i.e. it is above the horizon from your location), then you can receive it.

Ku-band means they are using directional beams, meaning that by the shape of the antenna on the satellite they can create a footprint in a limited area under the satellite. You have to be in that footprint to receive the signal, just being able to see the satellite is not enough!

Supersports Ku-band beam is directed at the African continent only, so you cannot receive it here in Thailand.

Astro's Ku-band is beamed over Malaysia, but with a big spillover into Thailand, that's why we can receive it here.

Supersports SA are on a satellite hovering over Africa.

C-band simply means, if you can see the satellite (i.e. it is above the horizon from your location), then you can receive it.

Ku-band means they are using directional beams, meaning that by the shape of the antenna on the satellite they can create a footprint in a limited area under the satellite. You have to be in that footprint to receive the signal, just being able to see the satellite is not enough!

Supersports Ku-band beam is directed at the African continent only, so you cannot receive it here in Thailand.

Astro's Ku-band is beamed over Malaysia, but with a big spillover into Thailand, that's why we can receive it here.

Does Astro normally show all the champions league games :) .