Suitable Food For Market Stall?

billyboy

This summer i plan to open a market stall at the food markets in my area.

The food markets has every international cuisine except thai so i thought i would run a food stall and have thai food.Its only a once a week markets,bit like tras n treasure markets except its food only.

What sort of Thai food is convenient for a outside food market?

Im thinking those food sticks i buy in Bangkok at the street vendors?

What sort of thai food should i sell? obvoiusly sticky rice,maybe in a paper bowl?

whats quick,convenient for takeawy ,especially if you have a lot of people lining up to buy?

This summer i plan to open a market stall at the food markets in my area.

The food markets has every international cuisine except thai so i thought i would run a food stall and have thai food.Its only a once a week markets,bit like tras n treasure markets except its food only.

What sort of Thai food is convenient for a outside food market?

Im thinking those food sticks i buy in Bangkok at the street vendors?

What sort of thai food should i sell?  obvoiusly sticky rice,maybe in a paper bowl?

whats quick,convenient for takeawy ,especially if you have a lot of people lining up to buy?

Phad Thai, spring roll, Khao rad Gaengphed, Somtham Gai Yang and sticky rice , Khanom Pang Nah Mooh...Khao Phad...all u can make at home and just pick for people. I saw on thailand street markets mostly in a big pot and warm. Or you make like sticky rice on stick and chicken in stick like our hot dog in stick...easy to eat...:D never seen anywhere but just imagine....a ball of sticky rice . But sticky rice have to be hot. It becomes very hard if it is cold. :o

When I lived in Songkhla some time back, there was a local Muslim lady who sold Gai Yang cooked smothered with a thick Satay sauce. Half a chicken on a stick for 50 baht, as I recall, and she consistently would sell-out within a couple of hours of opening... Most of the time, I was too late.

I think it would work just as well anywhere, but especially in Chiang Mai, near my house. :o

But sticky rice have to be hot. It becomes very hard if it is cold. :o

I disagree, When I'm staying in my wifes village, we almost always eat sticky rice cold.... never thought it was hard... :D

totster :D

I'm the one who dont know how to cook sticky rice, or know how to do but little complicated for me to do, but I am sure your wife must have good( sticky) rice, that taste good even cold. Sorry I got only hard sticky rice here in Bkk if it's not warm enough. And now I'm sitting far far away from Bkk, and missing good sticky rice with Somtham and Gai Yang...hurrr :D

Just about any food can be found at Thai carts and stalls.

Most Thais will come up with a dish and take it on the road (or sidewalk!).

Wanting to "sell food" is the wrong way to go about it.

Sounds like a recipe for failure to me.

There are some cart "franchises" available, for the creatively challanged.

One famous one is "Kaiyang Haw Dao", or "5 Star Chicken":

kaiyang_haw_dao.jpg

If you see one on the streets of Bangkok, try some of their mighty tasty chicken.

I'm the one who dont know how to cook sticky rice, or know how to do but little complicated for me to do, but I am sure your wife must have good( sticky) rice, that taste good even cold.

Not sure whether you are taking the piss with this reply, taking into account my previous topics here.... I reckon you are.... yes I do have trouble cooking it, but only cooking it to the quality I get in my wife's village, guess I'm just a little fussy... :D

In my wifes house, rice is cooked twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, the rice cooked in the morning is also used for lunch, and is not hard, and still tastes fine.

Sorry I got only hard sticky rice here in Bkk if it's not warm enough.

Might I suggest that you buy your food and sticky rice from a more quality outlet, obviously where you go the rice is left long enough to get stale and hard. :o

To the OP....

I have heard that there is a Thai man who sets up a stall in the local Farmers market where I am living at the moment. Apparently he sells Thai produce and food, I will go and have a look on Friday (it's every Friday) and see what he has on offer, may be able to give you some inspiration.. :D

totster :D