Best Place In Pattaya To Watch The World Cup

paul1970

sounds like a blatant advertisment for Gullivers to me :)

first you name your title as a question and then you proceed praising Gullivers whilst dissing the quality of other bars LCD TVs ..

BTW, Do they have any freebies going ?? I might wander by if so ....

Edited by William Osborne

Shagwells in Soi Arunotai have just put in 2 x 52" HD TV's and upgraded their UBC specially for the world cup. Beers cheap and plenty of room.

Very interesting,as i live not far from there,walking distance in fact

pity the place sounds like a full-on whore house ... Imagine saying to a farang wife."well, thats me off to Shagwells to watch the footie" ... obviously the irony of the name is lost on Thai's..

sounds like a blatant advertisment for Gullivers to me :)

first you name your title as a question and then you proceed praising Gullivers whilst dissing the quality of other bars LCD TVs ..

BTW, Do they have any freebies going ?? I might wander by if so ....

I have to agree with you William, no more plugs for that particular bar please.

Drum and Monkey in Naklua ( about 600/800 metres up pattaya naklua from the dolphin lohma roundabout

It's a nice newly refurbished bar which has three TV with seperate channels so different supporters able to watch different games in seperate bar sections but if you sit at the very front can see all three at the same time very confusing if you try to watch all 3

also the bar sells many types of cider with Non pestering ,but attentive all the same, bar girls a very big plus in my book!!

no affiliation to the bar but it also has a friendly owner/manager who looks and dresses like Austin Powers villain Mini-me combined with the above were a welcome change for the 3 months I was there Dec 2009 to March 2010

The manager who looks and dresses like Mini-me is longer there - moved on up country. Still a good bar though!!

Shagwells in Soi Arunotai have just put in 2 x 52" HD TV's and upgraded their UBC specially for the world cup. Beers cheap and plenty of room.

pity the place sounds like a full-on whore house ... Imagine saying to a farang wife."well, thats me off to Shagwells to watch the footie" ... obviously the irony of the name is lost on Thai's..

not lost on my missus. :)

Just another important question regarding the coverage, will the channels there be showing ALL the group matches?? like even the ones cosidered "non commercial" I'd hate to miss the Chile matches, I'll scream really loud if that was the case!!! please advise someone, thanks in advance.... cheers

not lost on my missus. :)

It has actually been renamed the Wombat bar, for the more sensitive of you. By the way a useless fact about wombats is that their dung is cubed!!!!!

• 1 month later...

so where is the best place to watch the semis now without being hussled for drinks?

At home :-) Seriously, I regret that there is no public viewing arranged by the city hall. Gulliver's might be ok, but I watched 95 % of the games at home and so I will do for the rest of it.

so where is the best place to watch the semis now without being hussled for drinks?

At home :-) Seriously, I regret that there is no public viewing arranged by the city hall. Gulliver's might be ok, but I watched 95 % of the games at home and so I will do for the rest of it.

haha i've watched most of them at home too, but figured seeing as it's the semis should be out to watch em, so gullivers in the only place decent? i hate watching it at atlantic bar, the girls just dont understand the importance of world cup, they're constantly in ur face, and if u ignore them they take it as being rude lol

haha i've watched most of them at home too, but figured seeing as it's the semis should be out to watch em, so gullivers in the only place decent? i hate watching it at atlantic bar, the girls just dont understand the importance of world cup, they're constantly in ur face, and if u ignore them they take it as being rude lol

LOL women and football usually do not go together, other than beer! Have fun.

lets hope it brings everyone together!

Not the Dutch and the Germans I'm afraid... :)

Well, it almost happened. Guess the Spanish and the Dutch will have to do....

I'm sure you will be front row and center for this event?