Rio Grill

I love Brazilian food... but haven't been to that restaurant, as I live in Chainat.

For those who also outside BKK, here is something you can make just about anywhere in Thailand.

The ingredients are quite similar to Thai food, and I found Thais like this too:

Brazilian/Bahian Shrimp (Moqueca De Camarao)

Ingredients:

2/3 lb. Jumbo Shrimp, cleaned and de-veined

-------------------------------------------------------------------

⅓ c Olive oil

2 med Onions; sliced

½ Green Bell pepper, seeded; sliced

3-4 Green Serrano Chilies, sliced lengthwise (in Thailand you can use "prik chi fa")

2 Tomatoes; sliced

1 ts Cilantro; chopped

1 clv Garlic; minced

1 T Tomato paste

2 T Lemon juice, fresh squeezed

½ c Coconut milk, thin

¼ c Dende (Coconut Oil)

½ ts Salt or to taste

Preparation:

Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, chilies, tomatoes, coriander, garlic, and tomato paste. Stir-fry until the onions are translucent. Bring the sauce to a boil, and then add the shrimp and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 2- to 3-minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Then add the coconut milk and dende and then return to a boil for 1-minute. Add salt to taste.

Serve hot with steamed white rice.

Edited by ChefHeat

It's been a couple of months since my visit, but I was not impressed. It is a real stretch to call this place Brazilian. No feijoada, poor selection of meats, no chicken hearts, etc. Service was poor especially considering the small number of customers they had to service.

Too bad there aren't really any decent options for Brazilian in Thailand - there is a fairly new place in Pattaya that isn't bad, but still not up to par as far as I am concerned when it comes to Brazilian BBQ.

On the bright side Taco's and Salsa does fricoles charros that helps me get by without any access to decent feijoada.