Uk Expats To Stop Whingeing As Brown Admits Defeat

roamer

Its over all bar the shouting. Brown is heading for audience with Her Majesty later this evening the BBC is reporting. Now all the UK expats can stop whingeing as the £ is sure to soar....well more sort of hop a bit like a pregnant turkey. :)

BBC

Edited by roamer

I haven't heard word from the Lib Dems who are the deciding party in all of this.

Not deciding party at all.

Official now, am watching it on the news as he heads to the palace.

Up to Cameron & Clegg what they want to do now. Or rather its up to Cameron, if he wants to head a minority government that's his choice.

Edited by roamer

Let's see what the Lib Dem meeting brings...might be a minority government yet.

Possibility, and the fact that it is a possibility is a reason why this is going to be a short lived marriage.

^ If the LD party agree to the deal set up by Clegg, haven't they signed up to a three year non-attack policy?

The devil is in the detail. The grass root liberal activists are going to be agitating no end. I could be wrong but I seem to recall that the party constitution gives the members much more say in calling leadership elections etc, a little trip through the blogosphere and Twitter reveals some pretty angry fair isle sweater wearers out there.

This won't last three years more like half that. Either the coalition will creak to the point of a no confidence vote or if things go well for him Cameron will seek a mandate to run things alone. The more I look at it the better it looks for him really.

Whingeing, yes I suppose we are but the pound has dropped nearly 32% in just over 3 year's. The euro has faired even worse. I think we have a sort of right to have a little bit of a pop. 1 mil baht used to be 14 thousand pound, now it's well over 20. Place's like Phuket are charging over 5 pound's a pint, double what it is in UK. Holidaying/Living in Thailand now for peep's in the Euro zone. Has out priced itself. And People are leaving by the plane load. You'll be whingeing soon, as you must know the bar's ect are empty, and you know what the Thai's do when there's no farang, that's it, PUT THE PRICE UP.

user-offline.pngroamer Now all the UK expats can stop whingeing

Stop whinging? I don't think that is very likely. :)

Whingeing, yes I suppose we are but the pound has dropped nearly 32% in just over 3 year's. The euro has faired even worse. I think we have a sort of right to have a little bit of a pop....
Edited by Ulysses G.

Stop whingeing? Don't be silly, Brits are only rejoicing because now we can get on with our favourite pastime: whingeing about the government.

the weather, the price of beer, price of cigarettes, women, mates, football....

we do love a good moan :)

The £ to soar?? :):D

Cameron, Brown, Clegg are all a bunch of tossers really and don't care about the average Joe and care even less about the Expats in Thailand and around the world. As with any politician it is ME ME ME and then they think of others.

Whinge? Us Brits? We love it.

The £ to soar?? :):D

Cameron, Brown, Clegg are all a bunch of tossers really and don't care about the average Joe and care even less about the Expats in Thailand and around the world. As with any politician it is ME ME ME and then they think of others.

Whinge? Us Brits? We love it.

What was it Billy Connelly said " Dont vote it only encourages them"....Politician the same the world over....pigs around the trough

The markets will like it but the populaton is now going to feel the pain (and would have done so under any Government). That is bound to further reduce the disposable income of many Brits who regularly visit Thailand. A minority will do well but the rich tend to have different holiday destinations. My worry is that the new Government will want to establish its credentials by cutting back too hard and then we'll be in the double dipper.

It's a definate coalition with Cameron as PM and Clegg his deputy...don't know how long this will last, will probably see another election withing the next 18 months. One Godsend, at least Labour are out and Brown the Clown has retired as leader...of the Opposition, after 13 years it's good to say that now!

The markets will like it but the populaton is now going to feel the pain (and would have done so under any Government). That is bound to further reduce the disposable income of many Brits who regularly visit Thailand. A minority will do well but the rich tend to have different holiday destinations. My worry is that the new Government will want to establish its credentials by cutting back too hard and then we'll be in the double dipper.

Well done Labour...if you spend and borrow more or give your own money away to foreigners (Euro prop up, Foreign aid etc) than whats coming in, it don't take much to figure out Cash Gordon and the Liebour party was a failure...what a great legacy.

Not so good news for me.

The Tories have said that they are going to increase the mens pension age to 66. This means I will (if still alive) receive my state pension in another 8 years instead of 7. Plus an extra 2 years later for my claim of the additional amount for my dependant Thai wife.

And of course if the £ does grow stronger, but the baht weakens as may be the case, than we are back to square one again.

I wouldn`t break out that bottle of Champagne and start celebrating, just yet.

Edited by BigWheelMan