Again Where Was That Italian Restaurant In Doi Saket ?

BeMyBoogieWoogieBaby

The owner of Italian Restaurant Locanda has made a unique roadmap to his place in the form of a blues videoclip, although there seems to be a little problem with the synchronisation (like usual in Thai restaurants) but the pictures are very nice... Chiangmai Chiangrai Blues go to: youtube.com/watch?v=EyVG5_oxWGw

Not sure if Gotlost has tried it before commenting but anyway..

People have their own preferences but for me it is the most authentic italian restaurant in the cm area. as close to italian restaurants in italy as one could get here. chef is professionally trained

be interesting to see what those who have actully tried it think.

caf

A map and exact location would be of more use then a Vid which I doubt I can remember.

I am Partial to Italian food, dine twice a week at M Cusine on Suthep Rd which is very good food at the right price.

So Map please if I am to venture into Bandit country.

john

The Fish restaurant at the Big Dam out there is very good.

It's at the 1014. Coming from city centre (the one and only traffic light in Doi Saket) there is the town hall (ampoer) left and the Italian restaurant a little bit further on your right hand side.

I love the food there and take the wife at least three times a month. Roberto is the name of the owner and he is a chief from Italy. he is also a pretty good musician and plays the piano and other interments from time to time during the dinning hours. The last time I checked the hours, it was 5 PM to 10:00 PM or whenever all the customers went home.

If you go to the traffic light in down town Doi Saket (small town) go south for a little less than a kilometer, it will be on your right about a block past the Ampoer. Look for the small red, green and white canopy.

BB

A unique road map to his place for sure. He drives past his turnoff, drives around the highway a bunch then drives around following a cow, finally goes back to the turn off and drives around the town a bunch, then drives around some more until he ends up at the restaurant. I was not completely lost because I know Doi Saket but confusing for those that don't know the way there. A cool idea.

People have their own preferences but for me it is the most authentic italian restaurant in the cm area. as close to italian restaurants in italy as one could get here. chef is professionally trained

caf

I haven't been in a while but thought it was fine, as good as most in CM town, it's great for us Doi Saketer's :)

Both times I went though Roberto wasn't doing the cooking.

recommended if you are in the area for sure

caf

I see a few people may be a little thin skinned.. As for the restaurant in discussion, wish you the best and I'm looking forward to a visit. As for the question I asked "Are you the owner?" The OP is a newbie and first post is plugging a business. Yes the video is a direct advert for the restaurant. Now no knocks on that and for that matter some good shots of Doi Sakets but when its your first post there is only one conclusion. :)