Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

From recent photos, doesn't seem to many red shirts left there.

If you have even half a brain you would get out. I mean there are other ways to achieve their goals; this Ratchprasong hold out has run its course. If they want to continue their campaign there are other ways.

PS: I don't support them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We western people put our children above anything else (at least most of us). When i first time came to Thailand I was chocked over seeing a mother on a motorbike (with helmet), having 3 small children on the bike in heavy traffic, talking in mobile phone at the same time. Sometimes I wonder if this is the same stupidity as bringing their children to the red fort? Even mopst animals would try to put their small ones in a safe place.

Is this the final of all final ultimate finals again? Anybody ever follow through?

I can't help but echo the sound in agreement (wolf, wolf, wolf)

There are very few fat ladies in Thailand so this will never end.

You know what I mean; it'll be all over when the fat lady sings.

The army should just get stuck in.

Get JCB's with big buckets on the front and just go in and sweep everything up in front of them.

Anyone willing to stand in front of them will just end up in the bucket.

Don't forget to spray them with permanent colouring so that they'll be forever recognised as trouble makers.

If you don't think Thailand has fat ladies you haven't been to an elephant show, the kind that doesn't use elephants.

Monks as protesters,

this is NOT buddha's teaching,

what are they thinking?

They aren't real monks as typified by this red monk at the rally:

25985101883159853134.jpg

Most gangsters, when the police gets too close to them, or immediately after a murder disappear up country and become a monk until the heat has gone. Killers, robbers can all be found in saffron robes - this one looks a typical example - real monks are not supposed to smoke and I wonder what is in the bag ? 9mm alms ?

I bet he would tear the rice paper if he walked on it. :)

Thank you for the photos and for showing us the true faces of the "terrorists". :)

4601203331_4e022a8ae5.jpg

This tactic reminds me of the street beggars that use puppy dogs and young babies to illicit sympathy and support. It's sickening that a parent would willing put their child in this situation.

What rixalex said, cubed. Very shallow tactic but highly inline with the expectations of the red shirts.

What is stopping the parents of this child to leave NOW ? If they don't and the child gets hurt or killed, the parents should be thrown in jail for manslaughter

So if these women and children don't leave the protest area, do you still support the army using live bullets against them? :)

The army won't be using live bullets against them. The army will be using live bullets against the armed red thugs.

If the women and children get caught in the cross-fire, they only have themselves (or their parents) to blame.

You mean the army will have night vision goggles to differentiate between a women and a man tonight? Interesting, as they didn't have that on April 10th.

As stated in the the announcements, the FACT IS they will BEGIN by shooting up in the air. what do you think they'll do? just plow everyone down in a barrage of bullets? thats a last resort. and they have been more than extremely yielding up to this point.

the lazy followers'll prolly be happy if they get some injuries and don't have to work for a while

Is this the final of all final ultimate finals again? Anybody ever follow through?

There was a fat lady on stage a while back singing. But it didn't end. :)

Care to explain a bit more in detail? :D

Monks as protesters,

what are they thinking?

25985101883159853134.jpg

Looks like a monk doing a self immolation on a slow burn, for the cause.

You obviously don't know much about Thailand if you're surprised about monks smoking and listening to music. I guess those computers in the temples are prohibited too? Just because they're monks doesn't mean they can't listen to music or wear sunglasses.

anyone know how many red shirts left at protest site

Here you will see a photocollection showing the Rajprasong protest area. It is updated with many new photos nearly everyday. The latest update is from yesterday. Make your own estimate on how many people are there.

From what I have seen a few hours ago it's about similar today. At this time there are usually less people on the street and most are still sleeping in their tents and under the shadows of the bts tracks, condominiums, hotels and shopping malls. Usually after 5pm the people start to get up and you will see many more on the street.

If I have got time today I will shoot some more photos and upload them.

Have a good look at all those people! These are the people the army will point their guns at.

Ratchaprasong

I'm just here to show. Photos tell more than a thousand words. I'm not here to discuss politics and I will not answer any comment.

Funny how that collection didn't include any of these guys...

TallForeigner's pictures are pure propoganda ... I am sure they are pictures of people in the area but I am also sure that they are not representative. They include photos that show an old man, a kid, a mother with a kid, and a group shot from behind with the focus being women's hair.

They don't include the people at the tire walls, the blackshirts, the guards etc ....

"Red Journalism"

You mean the army will have night vision goggles to differentiate between a women and a man tonight? Interesting, as they didn't have that on April 10th.

On April the 10th, the grenades that landed amongst the soldiers (as per the video's) seem to come from the red side? I'm amazed that the peace loving, gentle, kind , law abiding black shirts could have obtained some very illegal weapons of war? Surely they would have handed them into the Police the moment they came into their possession? All of those rifles are unlicenced! I'm horrified that Khun Taksin would allow law breaking on his behalf! 555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

We western people put our children above anything else (at least most of us). When i first time came to Thailand I was chocked over seeing a mother on a motorbike (with helmet), having 3 small children on the bike in heavy traffic, talking in mobile phone at the same time. Sometimes I wonder if this is the same stupidity as bringing their children to the red fort? Even mopst animals would try to put their small ones in a safe place.

I am always aware of my fragile safety here, and that life is cheap. all the accidents and some fights I witnessed where I was the only one doing anything to help anybody. Just makes you aware and extra careful what you do. in this case, staying away from ratchaprasong

Thank you for the photos and for showing us the true faces of the "terrorists". :)

I certainly would n't be inclined to call these people terrorists. Ignorant, hapless human shields, maybe.

It's the ones with spears and guns that are the terrorists, and their leaders. Human shields have been used by all sorts of despicable leaders like Saddam Hussein. The army will gladly put any of those unarmed protesters and put them on a bus and send them home. Not too late. Unless you're hoping your dead children will qualify for Thaksin's death bonus. People who follow the red leaders while endangering their own children might not be terrorists, just terrible parents.

Who trained them to be some kind of suicide bombers, the Taliban?

There was a fat lady on stage a while back singing. But it didn't end. :)

Care to explain a bit more in detail? :D

Having made such a clear announcement one wonders what excuse they could come up with now ? the fuel trucks got stuck in Bangkok traffic?

The government can't really back out of this one without loosing huge face

So if these women and children don't leave the protest area, do you still support the army using live bullets against them? :)

Again... what parent would put their child in this situation?

Okay, so the parents are stupid. Does that justify the army killing women and children?

I'm not sure they have killed any women and children yet. Are you assuming they will?

Tallforeigners picture are well chosen propaganda pictures of peaceful red shirts, old people, monks and whats make me so sad, small children, who have no choice of their own to be in the red fort. This is the people the red leaders and Dear Leader wants to fight to the death, because of the selfish aim of the leaders. I say shame, shame, shame, one thousand times shame on you!!!!

Why not baa SHAME ON YOU ONE THOUSEND TIMES on the people who support a violent crackdown by a army ready do shot at protesters?

That the reds are terrorists is the propaganda here.

SHAME ON YOU!!!

The most likely scenario according to my mother is that the army will surround the area. And do nothing much but drink whisky and soda with the Reds, while permitting supplies to enter.

That is, if the Reds cooperate. Both sides can say they have succeeded in their aims and the saga carries on.

What next?

Monks as protesters,

what are they thinking?

25985101883159853134.jpg

You obviously don't know much about Thailand if you're surprised about monks smoking and listening to music. I guess those computers in the temples are prohibited too? Just because they're monks doesn't mean they can't listen to music or wear sunglasses.

Can't recall ever previously reading a red fake monk apologist.

Congratulations on the trail blazing.

Edited by indemnity

Again... what parent would put their child in this situation?

Okay, so the parents are stupid. Does that justify the army killing women and children?

I'm not sure they have killed any women and children yet. Are you assuming they will?

The army is not going in looking to kill anyone - they are going in to remove an illegal violent mob. If they resist, well than its totally up to them and there is only one side to blame for any death or injury - THE RED MOTHER fuc_kERS

What is stopping the parents of this child to leave NOW ? If they don't and the child gets hurt or killed, the parents should be thrown in jail for manslaughter

The government should announce over loud speaker each hour and every hour that children and their guardians had 24 hours to leave or the guardians would be prosecuted for child neglect, or culpable homicide if their child is killed.

P.S I was equally disgusted when PAD supporters brought children to their rallies.

Monks as protesters,

what are they thinking?

25985101883159853134.jpg

Actually I know quite a lot about Thailand and monks. This could very well be a monk. The kind of monk that would be smoking, slouching, displaying other worldly attachments could very easily be the type of person that would involve themselves in violent activities too.

Maybe they get paid for the kids being there..

That would (in some simpletons minds) be a good reason to place their own kids in danger... :)

You see it every day with young children and even babies being carried by their mothers / fathers or siblings on motorbikes and neither one is wearing a helmet.

So at least this way the poor kid can earn his/her keep...

Maybe it will even pay for the family's new motorbike when/if they ever get back home!

Money #1...

Sad pathetic fools, all of them.

MrJ.

Edited by MrJizlam

Re: Real Reds...

4588537547_ee3451e9b8.jpg

Looks like he has been highly decorated too ...

Attempting to kill the the PM Blue Cross

Blood throwing Bronze Star

ASEAN Summit Good Conduct Medal

Raiding the EC HQ Distinguished Service Medal

Raiding parliament Meritorious Service Medal

Bus Burning Medal of Valor

Injured while attacking lawful authorities Purple Heart

Sadly, I am sure he believes all those charms are going to save him from being killed if he listens to the red leaders and takes on the military.

Edited by jcbangkok

Today Thai country People will face their destiny...

Poor country People, exploited during years and centuries by the Elite, but also exploited by ambitious politicians from both sides.

They have no choice they are there for begging a little improvement for tomorrow, more for the future generations than for themselves. Generously, they put their life at stake facing History and Eternity: I wish than tomorrow will not be a bitter day.

My deepest respect

Tallforeigners picture are well chosen propaganda pictures of peaceful red shirts, old people, monks and whats make me so sad, small children, who have no choice of their own to be in the red fort. This is the people the red leaders and Dear Leader wants to fight to the death, because of the selfish aim of the leaders. I say shame, shame, shame, one thousand times shame on you!!!!

Why not baa SHAME ON YOU ONE THOUSEND TIMES on the people who support a violent crackdown by a army ready do shot at protesters?

That the reds are terrorists is the propaganda here.

SHAME ON YOU!!!

Do yourself a favor and type in the term "terrorist" look at the definition. Its not just some political term, or some post 9/11 concept, it is those who threaten the upheavel of the gov't through violence and intimidation and threats (hmmmmmm..familiar?) if the shoe fits, wear it.

Calling the parents stupid justifies the army using live bullets against children and women?

Calling people stupid is probably a factor in the equation that got us to this point in the first place.

You got a point here. Calling them stupid is probably an understatement.

I'd call people that bring kids to a protest criminally insane.