New Shopping Plaza In Chaweng

The map looks strange to me, but never mind. Also, I tried to google The Heart Hotel Group. Found their web designer and a website for Aonang Seafront Resort. That's it.

Not sure how well The Heart Plaza development would ermmm.. develop.

post-81807-1273822140_thumb.jpg

It's exactly from the corner down wards. Opposite Samui Look. They cleared the land already, build a fence and a sale. But that says nothing considering some other unfinished projects.

The map is wrong, There is no hospital on that road. They probably mean Bangkok Hospital on the main road.

Not exactly a shopping location for the walking tourist without transportation....it's not along the long walking strip either.

LaoPo

...but in walking distance from all the hotels on the "remote" Chaweng Noi. And there are many guests almost all year round at all the resorts over there and probably at the new 5 star resort managed by Sheraton.

The map looks strange to me, but never mind. Also, I tried to google The Heart Hotel Group. Found their web designer and a website for Aonang Seafront Resort. That's it.

Not sure how well The Heart Plaza development would ermmm.. develop.

:) Strikes me as a very ill advised project to build a new shopping centre NOW. Do they realise it will take years for the tourism industry to recover from the moron redshirts ? A good time to stay liquid and maybe snap up some other losing businesses or they could do worse than let me play with their money !

people like shopping in thailand because it used to be cheap. not any more. now for copies of clothing in MBK is nearly the same as the origonal back i the UK.

unless they have something very intersting to sell. or they offer very good prices on quality stuff. then it just a waste of money. it won't work.

Not with tescos doing a good job under cutting everyone.

unless they have something very intersting to sell.

I agree. I think this would be the only way for it to work, considering it may lack some exposure due to location.

I agree. I think this would be the only way for it to work, considering it may lack some exposure due to location.

yes people come here to buy cheap stuff. i cann't beleive that in MBK for fakes was nearly as much aas the real thing. party the pound is to blame but still.

yes people come here to buy cheap stuff. i cann't beleive that in MBK for fakes was nearly as much aas the real thing. party the pound is to blame but still.

With the Euro at 39 baht people will came back only with a 50% discount on everything....

I can import in Samui very good t-shirt made in bangladesh cheaper from Italy.

And all the t-shirt I bought from Tesco are used now to clean my house, very very bad quality...

Good luck with the 5 star people, untile they will realize that maldives are better :)

Oh wow, another deserted shopping plaza to walk around, great if the aircon is running. :D

lol! :D

A wonderful thought process this is. All the shops are down in takings, the island is very quiet, tourists numbers are dramatically down with no sign of any increases in the foreseeable future, what shall we do? Ofcourse, build a shopping plaza. Absolute genious :) On the bright side it does have use as somewhere to cool down for ten minutes.

Oh wow, another deserted shopping plaza to walk around, great if the aircon is running. :D

A wonderful thought process this is. All the shops are down in takings, the island is very quiet, tourists numbers are dramatically down with no sign of any increases in the foreseeable future, what shall we do? Ofcourse, build a shopping plaza. Absolute genious :) On the bright side it does have use as somewhere to cool down for ten minutes.

Another white elephant under construction.

yep the contructionn company will profit from it thats for sure :D

Another white elephant under construction.

yep the contructionn company will profit from it thats for sure :D

Rents there are very competitive as they need to be. The developer is Thai and has many successful projects under his belt. He is a long term stategist.

If a mall was to open in a central Chaweng location, I'd like to be first in the queue. Samui is crying out for a 'Jung Ceylon' (sp?)

**The project mentioned above is unfortunately open air, no respite from the elements I'm afraid.

regards

Bojo

they tried to open a shopping center next to tops super market. years ago. was also empty for years. dispite being right on the beach. thing they have K.Oed it and built a hotel there now.

A shopping centre will be successful if you offer something unique, like original brands or restaurants that aren't available somewhere else (Sizzler anyone?).

If you just have more 'original copy' shops why bother going there?

It may not be the only factor but it's an important one. Location is another one, which imho is not the best for this mall.

Edited by limbos