The Best Way To Solve Thailand's Political Mess

cognos

A good % of Red and Yellow Thai supporters are fed up with the present situation. Here is the solution..Assuming a majority of Thais are fed up..

Shut down the infrastructure of the country..Planes, buses, trains, government offices, etc.. leaving open all local markets so people can eat.

In weeks, the government will call an election, and the majority Reds would probably win.

Let the world watch, as the new government sinks or swims according to it's hidden, or transparent agenda, whatever the case may be.

For the average Thai, life will go on as per usual, whatever government is in power.

The violent way NEVER works. I won't even bother prooving it, its THAT OBVIOUS.

Try the non violent resistance approach a la Gandhi..last time I checked it got the British out of India, something violence would not have accomplished.. history shows that violence just begets more violence.. :)

.. and an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

.. is there ANYONE in Thailand with any political clout that is willing to think outside the narrrow box of violent confrontation???

We'll see

.. ya, and the two colors CAN work together.. it just takes a few enlightened people from each "camp".. and the new government could be a combination of red and yellow..

THE ORANGE PARTY.. and the song could be, for example "Lets Work together", Canned Heat.. for the 40C heat of LOS right now, and the "heat" of the conflict can be canned, bottled up, mitigated..

.. would there be martyrs?? OF COURSE THERE WOULD!!! Do you think the zealots on both sides would like this idea??? NO WAY !!

.. but the majority would eventually win the day.. and those that were killed in the transition.. well.. their allies would NOT seek revenge.. if they can see farther than the sun that presently shines out the zealots a holes

The violent way NEVER works

it sure worked in beating the germans and japanese in WW II.

actually the answer is to tear gas lumphini , ratchdamri , funnel them all into semis as they come running out coughing and truck 'em back to issan and CM . and then build a wall say a little south of korat . if they agree to play nice after and wear ankle bracelets , they can come back to BKK to work and feed their families .

The violent way NEVER works

it sure worked in beating the germans and japanese in WW II.

actually the answer is to tear gas lumphini , ratchdamri , funnel them all into semis as they come running out coughing and truck 'em back to issan and CM . and then build a wall say a little south of korat . if they agree to play nice after and wear ankle bracelets , they can come back to BKK to work and feed their families .

you're comparing apples and oranges.. all despots go down, you know that well.. I wouldn't quite equate Thaksin with Hitler at this juncture..would you??

.. I'm being serious, and you are being sarcastic.. c'mon man, is that the best idea you've got? :) I'll give you full marks for originality, however

take care there

What a load of nonsense.

Thais are by their nature extremely violent. Only extreme violence will solve this problem.

Actually Thais are wonderful loving people with good hearts. Its not int heir nature to be violent.