Thailand - Rivals Must Think Of People's Lives First

webfact

I agree, the government cannot pull back. Jesus C****, the Reds have occupied the city for over 2 months--what other democracy would have allowed this to happen in their own turf? (And yes, because of the Thai's relaxed attitude towards large gatherings, now this has turned into a mess). The prime minister offered the Reds a plan which included a new electon. Abhisit got "into trouble" for bending down on this (from his groupies) but the Reds still refused. The government needs to show who has the power.

if the yellows payed for what they did .the red would not think about it . basta

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you notice Thai TV still shows regular schedule shows and little news?

Last night while the city was in battle i flipped through the tv channels over the airwaves and not one had any coverage. Not one. I was amazed. They were showing soaps and talent shows (with an incredible lack of talent I might add).

Main ingredients to a democracy include participation and awareness.

I would think in any country the TV would have extensive coverage 24 hours a day if their capital suffered a civil conflict to this degree.

Its like when I ride my motorcycle and a bus runs through a red light almost killing everyone, and after it passes, all the drivers just go on their way like nothing happened.

Sometimes people here just seem so indifferent.

[/quo

Obviously new arrival in the LOS..

Just tell me how important it is for the government to MURDER 10yr old childern. I hope the world is watching how the Thai government believes an unarmed 10yr is a threat to national security. I hope when all is said and done .. The person or persons responsible for killing that child is put to death themselves for MURDER

Government shouldn't and can't turn back!!

Letting these looneys have another go to create chaos and anarchy in the future whould be a big mistake as then the armed fight will continue for years to come.

They must eliminate these rotten elements as soon as posible to reduce our society from slipping into further chaos.

There are no innocent bystanders in this picture, if you were innocent then why try to cover your face, drive on your motorcycle(taxi) around with bottles filled of gasoline, bringing tyres to the fire, trowing rocks and use guns to armed forces.

If that's what people call innocent and the media like BBC and CNN brush this off just as little teasing of the troops there should not be any UN-tribunal in the last 60 years cause then nothing has happened in this world.

There was no Rwanda,no sierra leone, blood diamands are just a lie,no iddi amin,no zimbabwe,no south-africa( the Dutch did not create Apartheid, you even can't find it in any dictionary), nothing happened in Argentina,Chili,Cuba,Vietnam,laos,burma,cambodia, etc. Allcountries where elements like Thaksin,Chavalit and their clan where the cause of the problem.

But now they do not own the regular army so they let uneducated,unknowing people be their paid army to fight for their assets.

sorry for not stating an opinion in this comment.

sorry for just giving undeniable facts

Have a nice Sunday in Montenegro Thaksin, enjoy Cumming Chavalit, buy somthing nice in Singapora Potjaman, and please do not turn in your grave dear Marcos!!

For you is easy, you can pick up your bags and leave our country.

Me where can I go???

You're country gives my family a new life??

I was in the Army as well and I know what the soldiers must feel, and so do the rest of Thai people, so why they want to commit violence against their own army and not listen to law??

Would your country allow protesters to shoot and then just say " aah naughty little boys please do not do this again!!

do not think so!!

before my family supported the TRT but since the truth about them has come out we support Thailand as a country and respect the law, but they not even know the law and for last few governments have refused (same as police) to implement the law, so people up country not know law or not care the law.

You thikn that good??

This guy is living on the moon. This is so ugly try of washing brain and this one is for yellows obviously.

It has nothing with the truth and all of those words are sent to wrong address.

Should to ask present Government about cutting food and water to protesters and that way to provoke them be more violent.

Looks like nazi camp or Warsaw gheto now where are red sjirts.

Makes me pretty sick of "skill" for diplomacy among the Governemnt members all and this is humiliating to see some government would kill so many people just because other way of thinking and to be so stubborn even that caused so many victims and deaths.

Time will judge to all of them but i think Khun Abhisit will not be proud of his role and contribution in all of this deaths.

This is not anymore about yellow or red situation. This is pure madness and shows incompetence of this Covernment to handle this.

This is going smoothly to situation like it Beirut or Belfast and it comes in 21st century.

Congratulation. :)

P.S.

This is going to be out of any control, thanks to knhun Abhisit and his feel for tolerance and and all what is left is to count deaths and daily.

His hipocracy is so huge to say to the world there is a small group trying to make a civil war in his country.

Well, to inform you Mr or Khun ABhisit your country IS in a civil war already, don't be blind for tuth because that would be sin to be in this situation what you have now.

Nothing to be proud, really.

Words are cheap any one can say save lives is the most important thing.

What I would like to hear from these people is a realistic answer to this problem. We know from there actions of the past that the red shirts will not negotiate so what is left.

Are you people saying stop the fighting and just abandon the red shirts camp area for ever.. Give them what they want. Let them run the country. The thousands of people who have lost there job because the red shirts are camping out in there back yard don't count. They have no rights.

What are you saying tell us give us the benefit of your moralistic wisdom. :)

Are you people saying stop the fighting and just abandon the red shirts camp area for ever.. Give them what they want. Let them run the country. NO JUST A ELECTION end of story... :D:D:D ..of course if and when they win .... it might be payback time.... for the gang that can

not shoot straight......... :D ... WARNING HAVE NO ELECTION if you have killed someone.... :D

No words are needed, every time the Reds talk about being peaceful , show this which happened last Friday at Din Daeng, do you think his body has been turned in or just disappeared to keep the PR story intact

http://bit.ly/9GkdDQ

Sickening. Although you do hear shouts of stop. The crazies are definitely coming out of the woodwork.

some of you red posters really dont have a clue,this was never about democracy and you know it,twice the reds turned down the measures put on offer,and responded with threats of more violence,they cant back down because thaksin is pulling the strings why do you think the moderate reds left?carry on blaming the government all you want.it doesnt wash here and the rest of the world can see it for what it is, a complete failure by thaksin and his red cronies to over throw the government by staging a coupe.i guess in a way you should be thankfull that you dont have a real army and police force,because the protest once it turned violent would be over now,the police in particular have been farcical,and those of you spouting its a civil war get real ,its a bunch of thugs who have spit the dummy because thaksin lost his money,nothing more nothing less,i just hope for the sake of the bangkok residents that it finishes soon ,but seeing the illiterate comments from the new so called leaders and the brainless comments on here,i fear it will get worse before it gets better,which is sad for the real thais who love there country and deserve much better than the red's take on democracy.

Passon, you keep talking about a 'peaceful solution' maybe you didn't hear the government did offer parliment dissolution and for fresh elections, in return for the red shirts to end their protest. This in my opinion would have been a 'peaceful solution' but the red's rejected this offer, wanting more. The government tried to negotiate, the red's won't negotiate, so what, give the red's all they want?

I agree with iciparis.

Where was the negotiation part? I recall that the PM said on TV you have 1 day then 2 days ... to accept and leave protest area or we'll send the Army in to close you down. Then the promise of Nov. 14 election was retracted. Doesn't sound anything like a negotiation to me. Sounds more like a threat. In fact PM stated several times on TV his actions were to FORCE the opposition protestors to agree unconditionally with his offer.

The current goverment is not a credible negotiation partner anymore. Some new leaders need to replace them and then hopefully a meaningful negotiation can occur to resolve difference.

Indeed Jerry if you are such an oracle and so well connected why hasn't your wisdom been more apparent in your posts ?.

I too could name drop but I see no reason to do so, in my twenty years here I have made some very influential friends however I do not canvass their opinions or ask them for favours.

You must be so close according to your post yet you have to make a guess as to Chavalits motives for visiting China.

His doorman are you ?

First thanks for your flaming comments on my wisdom. I try to respect everybody including you.

Back to the contents: No, I am not his doorman. Several years ago, I have been working in an Administration in which he was also involved and I have been in touch few times. Since I have no more contact. He is not a coward and he has some personal connections in China which can be of some help: I do know that and I do respect him. So, my guess is that he try to get some support. I have replied to a twisted post supporting the idea he was fleeing...Not his style.

I am amazed that you do the crap of dropping names and then have the gall to whine that you are flamed. You certainly have a lot of gall but your name dropping drives your credibility to zero. Now everyone is sure that nothing you say is factual.

have you notice Thai TV still shows regular schedule shows and little news?

Last night while the city was in battle i flipped through the tv channels over the airwaves and not one had any coverage. Not one. I was amazed. They were showing soaps and talent shows (with an incredible lack of talent I might add).

Main ingredients to a democracy include participation and awareness.

I would think in any country the TV would have extensive coverage 24 hours a day if their capital suffered a civil conflict to this degree.

Its like when I ride my motorcycle and a bus runs through a red light almost killing everyone, and after it passes, all the drivers just go on their way like nothing happened.

Sometimes people here just seem so indifferent.

Live coverage helps reds see their hot points live and only draw more scum to the sites.

Not a good idea.

The soaps and gameshows run through every coup.

TiT.

I don't see a way the Abhisit government could back down from this now. That would be condoning violent mob mentality as a valid way to force change. Sadly for the thais who are still to die, it's gotta run it's course.

While I am saddened by the loss of life on both sides of the dispute, the blame is still on the red leaders for not calling a win, playing up their great victory and sending the red-rabble protestors back to Nakhon Nowhere. They had WEEKS of warnings from the government that this would happen, and ignored EACH and EVERY one. Bad luck for them now...

If you believe the crap the red rabble leadership preaches to the foreign press they are 'peaceful protestors', trying to effect a change thru a 'peaceful gathering'. Sadly the hatefilled violence inciting rhetoric they preach to the red-rabble protestors doesn't mirror this p/r spin. I guess shooting M-79 grenades, hurling M-150 bottles filled with petrol, and rolling flaming tires are all peaceful methods of protest in the the "Protest 101"; red-rabble-rule-book. :)

The problem is that the two sides just don't trust each other to keep their word, and this is the likely reason why the proposed caretaker government led by Abhisit, giving him time for his budget and military reshuffles, was greeted with so much scepticism by his opponents.

For you to beat your little chest, play up to the blame game, and bang on about how this horror must now run its course, potentially turning into a civil war, is nothing more than stupidity and nonsense. Even if the army wins this battle, Thailand could descend into tit-for-tat guerilla style war with all the misery that comes with it.

The only way out of this is for the two sides to sit down and come to an agreement, even if it does mean that the UN brokers such an agreement to bridge the lack of trust between the two parties.

No words are needed, every time the Reds talk about being peaceful , show this which happened last Friday at Din Daeng, do you think his body has been turned in or just disappeared to keep the PR story intact

http://bit.ly/9GkdDQ

Disgusting sickening animals, the parasites that harmed the soldier are the lowest scum form on planet earth, mindless, buffalo mentality imbeciles, I pray you are punished servilely for your crimes against your own blood.

I have been looking at this bad situation from England, we have just had our elections and a lot of us didn't vote Conservative,but I am not a bad loser I will accept that for four more years.Why is it in Thailand when you lose an election the losing side cannot wait for the next one??Thailand will have to change its stuck in its ways children attitude. Some win the vote some do not.The next Thai election should be monitored by the UN for fairness and anti-corruption.

I too was keeping an eye on events with our British election and comparing it to the 'situation' here in Thailand. Whilst the outcome was indecisive the result was handled in a mature and civilised way. Those who may disagree with the outcome are not engaged in street battles.

Disgusting sickening animals, the parasites that harmed the soldier are the lowest scum form on planet earth, mindless, buffalo mentality imbeciles, I pray you are punished servilely for your crimes against your own blood.

Your venom-filled outburst epitomises all that is wrong with Thailand.

Playing the blame game will only accelerate the descent into a more widespread and serious conflict. Blame and hatred haven't achieved anything at all so far, quite the opposite, so how can the kind of feelings that you have possibly make the situation better now? Or aren't you interested in a solution?

Both sides need to realise that they are jointly at fault for the chain of events that have led to this complete loss of faith in democratic process. Unless both sides can sit down and come to an agreement, brokered by a third party like the UN if necessary, history has plenty of examples of the years of misery and suffering that may follow.

Edited by clockworkorange

Your venom-filled outburst epitomises all that is wrong with Thailand.

Playing the blame game will only accelerate the descent into a more widespread and serious conflict. Blame and hatred haven't achieved anything at all so far, quite the opposite, so how can the kind of feelings that you have possibly make the situation better now? Or aren't you interested in a solution?

Both sides need to realise that they are jointly at fault for the chain of events that have led to this complete loss of faith in democratic process. Unless both sides can sit down and come to an agreement, brokered by a third party like the UN if necessary, history has plenty of examples of the years of misery and suffering that may follow.

You incorrectly assume both sides have equal legitimacy. Yes, they need to talk, but before that can happen, the Reds must denounce all violence and lay down their weapons in a ceasefire agreement. This they can do any time, but chose not to, preferring the path to anarchy and chaos to achieve their objectives for some reason best known to themsleves and their Dear Leader No. 1.

You incorrectly assume both sides have equal legitimacy. Yes, they need to talk, but before that can happen, the Reds must denounce all violence and lay down their weapons in a ceasefire agreement. This they can do any time, but chose not to, preferring the path to anarchy and chaos to achieve their objectives for some reason best known to themsleves and their Dear Leader No. 1.

That would imply a sudden decision by the red shirts to take the blame for the violence, which doesn't seem like it is going to happen. Both sides are using violence, and both sides are at fault for doing so - to ask just one side to unilaterally renounce violence, and in doing so capitulate to the other at this late stage, is unrealistic.

Neither side trusts the other, so stepping back unilaterally may not be an option. Thailand needs a ceasefire, immediately followed by a brokered solution that involves an independent arbiter, who can attempt to bridge what has become an insuperable lack of trust between the two sides.

The UN is a good example of an arbiter that may have more success than simply hoping for peace, which doesn't seem possible in the present set of circumstances.

That would imply a sudden decision by the red shirts to take the blame for the violence, which doesn't seem like it is going to happen. Both sides are using violence, and both sides are at fault for doing so - to ask just one side to unilaterally renounce violence, and in doing so capitulate to the other at this late stage, is unrealistic.

Neither side trusts the other, so stepping back unilaterally may not be an option. Thailand needs a ceasefire, immediately followed by a brokered solution that involves an independent arbiter, who can attempt to bridge what has become an insuperable lack of trust between the two sides.

The UN is a good example of an arbiter that may have more success than simply hoping for peace, which doesn't seem possible in the present set of circumstances.

If the reds want to stop the violence, all they need to do is pull back. They are the ones that are spreading out to attack the army.

The reds aren't showing good faith by calling for negotiations, and continuing to attack the army.

You say "sudden resolve to end it all quickly". Have you not noticed that the Red Mob has been in place for a couple of months now? I would have though the resolution has been anything but quick.

The government has to assure itself of international support and support of the Army. The Army will likely rally around their fallen soldiers leaving their red sentiments for another time. Both of these take a little time and are costly. But, absolutely necessary.

If the reds want to stop the violence, all they need to do is pull back. They are the ones that are spreading out to attack the army.

The reds aren't showing good faith by calling for negotiations, and continuing to attack the army.

Polarised and one-sided views on how to end this, along the lines of "one side or the other should blink first" unfortunately don't seem to be working.

The reds don't trust the government, and vice versa, hence the lack of progress. Depending on our individual point of view, we can blame the reds for violence, or we can blame the yellows, or we can blame the government in equal measure, and so on for ever.

Meanwhile, while Thailand spirals into chaos, does it really matter whose fault it is anymore? What needs to happen is a ceasefire, followed by immediate arbitration by a third party which may involve some humble-pie for both sides but which would bridge the ever widening gap that is dividing the country.

In spite of its serene veneer, Thailand can be a chaotic and violent place. Faces must be saved on both sides, but trust needs to be restored first. All the other options for peace are are either too unlikely to happen, or too dreadful to imagine.