Microsoft Outlook

petedk

I have always used Microsoft Outlook Express but after installing a firewall have had problems opening the program so i decided to try Microsoft Outlook.

Everything seems to be OK except for one thing. I often receive emails with 2 or more photos attached (.jpg format). When I used Outlook Express I could just double click on the email and it would open and display the phoros at the same time. In Outlook I have to double click on each attachment to open it .

There must be an easier way of opening the attachments. I have tried looking at all the menu points but can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have always used Microsoft Outlook Express but after installing a firewall have had problems opening the program so i decided to try Microsoft Outlook.

Everything seems to be OK except for one thing. I often receive emails with 2 or more photos attached (.jpg format). When I used Outlook Express I could just double click on the email and it would open and display the phoros at the same time. In Outlook I have to double click on each attachment to open it .

There must be an easier way of opening the attachments. I have tried looking at all the menu points but can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

keep on scrolling

Try looking in the security settings.

BUT

IMHO. Auto-opening attachments are a receipe for disaster, many nasties get in this way. May be best to use the tiny amount of energy to keep on clicking :o

Try looking in the security settings.

BUT

IMHO. Auto-opening attachments are a receipe for disaster, many nasties get in this way. May be best to use the tiny amount of energy to keep on clicking 

Thanks for the replies and yes I did think about the security settings and the chance of picking up a virus. I just wondered if they was a way to link to a jpg viewer or something so that I could open all the pictures at once.

Never mind I'll keep on clicking.

This is for Outlook 2003 on XP – not sure about other configurations.

Depending on how the original email is composed the pictures could come within the email or as attachments.

For instance in Outlook Express:

If you do the following: Insert | File Attachment then you’re going to get a mail with just picture files attached and not embedded in the HTML message format.

If you are in the message body (and your mail format is HTML) and do the following: Insert | Picture then you’ll have a picture formatted in the email and can view in Outlook.

Depending on your security settings the pictures may not show within the mail until you click on the Info bar at the top of the mail. Search Outlook Help for “show pictures mail” and you’ll get instructions on the various security settings.

If you have the pictures as file attachments then select: File | Save Attachments and save to a folder. Then you can view in the XP viewer.

i dunno if this is possible or not, but i find this a good thing abt outlook 2003,

ive often heard that even jpg files can contain viruses n stuff....so as per me outlook 2003 not previewing the jpgs by default is a good thing....