Health Insurance

Hi all from UK

Trying to work out what companies to go to for a quote for family health insurance to enable me to live in Thailand with piece of mind, I have the following concerns and wonder if anyone has experienced problems getting cover ?

What I want is accident cover and general illness cover, not necessarily critical illness cover unless simple, but if I was to be hit by a bus, beaten up, fall out of a window ect ect !!!!

I have been under the GP here for years for stress, hypertension and mild anxiety, it is controlled with tablets but still there ?

I have a rare illness called Neurofibromatosis and I can get my operations ect here so do not need it covered and I know they will exclude the illness but is it likely they will turn cover down based on a pre-existing illness ??

Any help on this would be great thank you, for anyone that knows of my illness it is Neurofibromatosis Type1 and it is non cancerous tumours that grow in my spine and they control it with surgery to remove the tumour mass every ten or so years, surgeon were has no problems with my returning as I need for surgery.

Pre-existing conditions are normally excluded but the only way to find out what the Underwriters will offer is to complete the application forms and ask for a proposal.

As a Thai Visa member you can use the services of the Thai Visa Brokers, please go Here

Thank you the input, any more thought would be great

I use since a couple of years www.allianzworldwidecare.com and I can highly recommend them. Needed them twice to cover hospital bills, no problems at all. Pre-existing conditions are excluded unless approved by the insurer.

I had to choose between Bupa and AIS but I decided to use the Allianz, because the other two had very long exclusion lists for all kind of things, like several sport accidents, transplantations and so on. Beside that is the coverage with 5 Million Baht quite low, if you have a major thing to fix in a high end hospital i guess.

Check the Allianz website or send me a PM if you need further informations.