How To Trace Missing Parcel/credit Card Sent From Uk

mongoose11

Hi,

This is probably pretty futile, but I'm trying to track down a parcel which contains my new credit card in it.

It was sent "to be signed for" and tracking revealed it passed into Thai hands April 30th.

My dad in fact posted it April 14th, but due to the Volcano left April 28th.

Tracking unfortunately stops with this style of delivery once it leaves UK hands so pretty pointless.

Plus, if I'm not in - according to Royal Mail - when Thai postman tries to deliver - they don't leave it at local post office but return it to Blighty - in this case Heathrow as there was no return address on it which I asked my dad to do as that's happened to me in the past as they returned a similar parcel when I wasn't in when they came - so thought this way would be safer as they'd not know where to send it back to.

Bit of a balls up really.

Anyway, I know now not to send "to be signed for" and to use a service like Airsure so I can see where the parcel currently is in Thailand.

So - question is - is there anyway possible to track it down within the Thai post service?

Checked local PO - not there.

Emailed [email protected] - all other addresses I found on their site came back with an "error".

Understand the political crisis has had its effect and holidays this week.

Just getting a little desperate.

Any pointers would be useful.

Many thanks.

My experience with "International Signed For" is that Thai post will leave a card (bit of paper) if you're not in when they try to deliver. Take said card to the post office to retrieve your package.

If you've not got the card then either the package is still on its way, or it's been stolen.

My experience with "International Signed For" is that Thai post will leave a card (bit of paper) if you're not in when they try to deliver. Take said card to the post office to retrieve your package.

If you've not got the card then either the package is still on its way, or it's been stolen.

OK, that's reassuring to an extent thanks.

Can I ask roughly how long an "international signed for" parcel took for you from the U.K - if you're from the UK.

My experience is as the OP stated, they tried to deliver when I wasn't in then simply returned it to the UK. This was a rather expensive watch that I sent for repair so we had a few weeks of clenched bumcheeks until it showed up back at the shop in the UK.